+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Pks1988

Sep 1, 2018
why were you asked for an updated POF?
My FD was for 6months (POF). I got it renewed in february for the term of 1 year. I think they wanted to confirm whether the amount is still with me or not. But they could have directly confirmed from the bank as they normally do.

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
My FD was for 6months (POF). I got it renewed in february for the term of 1 year. I think they wanted to confirm whether the amount is still with me or not. But they could have directly confirmed from the bank as they normally do.
banks are not authorized to give "amount" related information. that might be the reason they asked you for updated documents.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I am re-posting my post hoping someone can share his/her experience/knowledge:
As I live in Yangon, Myanmar, I submitted my passport to VFS here on 21 Feb 19. They have sent it to IRCC-Singapore for visa stamping and COPR. VFS on-line status has been that it's in process there since 25 Feb 19. When can I expect to get my passport back? What will my IRCC online status show after COPR is issued?
Glad to share that I got my passport back with visa and COPR document today. Best wishes to everyone here waiting for their turn.

Pks1988

Sep 1, 2018
banks are not authorized to give "amount" related information. that might be the reason they asked you for updated documents.
Maybe you are right. Any Idea when do they usually update the profile after receiving ADs, the 'review of additional documents' section is showing 'not applicable' as of now.

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Hi @tobs @asiv and all the experts out there! I appreciate all your expertise and advice. Just a quick question-

My AOR is Aug 3 CEC inland. August 28th I also applied for a study permit extension, which gives me implied status. In December, I got a mail from CIC stating that my SP -EXT was transferred to local VO in Edmonton (i live in Vancouver) for additional verification. I found out that my PR application is in Edmonton as well. It has now been almost 8 months processing for PR and 7 months for study permit extension. Agents advised that the applications are separate and one could be approved before the other. Have you guys heard of cases like this where the PR app is approved before the study permit? I am just wondering why a decision on my SP-Ext hasnt been made as it is well over the processing time? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: NeeruIndia

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hello Tobs and everyone,

I got another ADR and they want marriage and casual photos and communication proofs.

Please how do I merge or combine photos to come out as a single jpeg file? Or can they accept it as a combined pdf file?
A merged pdf file is good. Simplest way to merge photos in jpeg is by using paint of MS picture editor.. Let me know if you want to know the how to do things, and I shall explain.

Pks1988

Sep 1, 2018
in my case, it changed the next day to "we are reviewing..."
the 'review of documents' section didn't change from 'not applicable' but I got a GHOST update. Is it that they have reviewed the documents or they have just begun the processing again??

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hi @tobs @asiv and all the experts out there! I appreciate all your expertise and advice. Just a quick question-

My AOR is Aug 3 CEC inland. August 28th I also applied for a study permit extension, which gives me implied status. In December, I got a mail from CIC stating that my SP -EXT was transferred to local VO in Edmonton (i live in Vancouver) for additional verification. I found out that my PR application is in Edmonton as well. It has now been almost 8 months processing for PR and 7 months for study permit extension. Agents advised that the applications are separate and one could be approved before the other. Have you guys heard of cases like this where the PR app is approved before the study permit? I am just wondering why a decision on my SP-Ext hasnt been made as it is well over the processing time? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you!
Only way to find out the decision on SP-Ext is to mail/call them (I am not sure if you can raise a CSE for that or not )
As far as both PR and Permit are concerned, they should not impact each other. There are very good chances that your PR may be approved. This based on the past cases of permits that I have seen on different forums.

kushthapar1989

Jan 29, 2019
Are CBSA notes helpful for someone who has never visitied or lived or crossed Canadian border? I was discussing this with one of my relatives the other day who is in Canada and he said CBSA notes are usless in my case because I have never been or crossed Canadian border. I know CIC must have sent my file to them now but it will be empty in regards with CBSA... Can you please clarify...? Because I think I only need to order CSIS notes.
I applied for the notes because I wanted to know that whether my application is jn progress or not.

If you are thinking of ordering CSIS Notes, that should also do the work.

Tristan71

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Dear all, good news!!! I received PPR an hour ago. I am truly grateful to all of you and especially to Tobs for all your inspiration and support during the waiting period. I am now off to renew my passport since the CIC asked for at least 12 months validity of the passport wherein I have 8 months. My application details are as follows:

AOR: August 1, 2018
Biometrics: August 30, 2018
Ghost Update 1: November 20, 2018
Ghost Update 2: March 9, 2019
PPR: March 18, 2019

Even in the last week, I was told my Eligibility to be 'Met (twice earlier)/Passed (last call)' and Security to be 'Not Started'.

Please keep us in your prayers.