Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Just got off from a call with CIC agent...a very nice lady.....I asked about the ghost update I received this morning; she said an agent working on my file finished the background checks yesterday which triggered the ghost update. She didn't say that my application was approved but did mention that background checks are done. I asked specifically about the security and she confirmed it's completed. A big relief! I think same might be the case with other applicants who received ghost updates either today or yesterday.

Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
Just got off from a call with CIC agent...a very nice lady.....I asked about the ghost update I received this morning; she said an agent working on my file finished the background checks yesterday which triggered the ghost update. She didn't say that my application was approved but did mention that background checks are done. I asked specifically about the security and she confirmed it's completed. A big relief! I think same might be the case with other applicants who received ghost updates either today or yesterday.
I thought of calling them today too but since the Ghost update was today morning i was advised to wait for another 24 hours as most of the times PPR will be triggered in 24 hours after the Ghost update ! finger crossed !!

Reactions: HM9292

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
I thought of calling them today too but since the Ghost update was today morning i was advised to wait for another 24 hours as most of the times PPR will be triggered in 24 hours after the Ghost update ! finger crossed !!
Oh okay....Yeah that makes sense. Let us know how it goes tomorrow....Keep on updating. Good luck!

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
What does ghost update mean ?
Sometimes you receive an email that says your application has been updated OR the same shows in your online profile, but nothing really has changed. The application remains pretty much the same as before. This is referred to as a ghost update.

inder2662

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Sometimes you receive an email that says your application has been updated OR the same shows in your online profile, but nothing really has changed. The application remains pretty much the same as before. This is referred to as a ghost update.
Thank you.
My application seems the same

vijay7006313

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
IELTS Request
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Update-
So luckily my call to cic got it through to agent today and after taking my information, she told me everything is passed(eligibility, criminality, background, security) and then I’ve asked her could you also confirm that my application is approved and then she said yes it’s approved, everything is positive but I don’t know when the email will be sent to you or anything gets changed before the email but till today it’s a good news and hopefully you will get it soon so keep checking your email.
Great agent and maybe I thanked her like 5 times for telling me valuable information.

So now I just need to wait for golden email.

Timeline:
CEC
Aor : August 7
MEP : August 28
IP1 : August 28
IP2: January 15
PPR: Waiting

mkapoor0069

Jan 22, 2019
Have you checked the old email and didn't find the PPR email? If you have it, then you can call them explaining and asking what is the best thing to do regarding an extension OR you raise a CSE with a LOE explaining what went wrong and attach the PPR as a proof as it has already been sent to the old email. Goodluck.
That email doesn't exist actually. So i have sent the web form stating the right email address, also changed it in my profile. Now its just a wait game. Can you please tell me what's a CSE and a LOE is Letter of extension? Thanks