+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Hi my aor is 16 aug and my application says “reviewing eligibility “ that means I am still in Ip1

I am in panic why my application is taking too long. Anyone else is in same boat ?

What should I do ?
The 'Reviewing Eligibility' status in your application remains even when you receive the PPR. The only best way to know the status of your application is to order GCMS or try your luck by calling IRCC.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello, Kindly shade some light on my timeline and advice how long it may take

AOR --> 20th August 2018
Medical Pass --> 10th September 2018
IP1 completed & IP2 started --> 12th November 2018
since then the status has not changed
Current status: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

There is a timeline above the 'Application Status' which states:
"Estimated remaining processing time: 6 week(s)"
"Estimated completion date: February 20th, 2019"

Shall I call them? or wait because It has already been more than 130days from AOR. Every day has been pushing my limits of being patient.
I think everything looks good for you. There's a high likelihood that your application will be finalized soon.

I wish I could say the same thing for us, all we have is a "recommended pass" but "Not started" for eligibility, criminality and security. Almost same AOR date.

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Can I ask about your experience in calling the CIC, are the call agents helpful, informative? And how many times have you called so far?

I just called the line on Dec 21, got connected to an agent but he was all rather aggressive, he refused to let me know the status of my application, insisting that all I need to know is available on my online CIC profile. I got no information on that call, and I was quite discouraged by the call agent.

I already crossed my 5-month mark a few days ago. Already ordered GCMS notes and got the following:

1. Eligibility: Met

2. Medical: Passed (6 Sep)

3. Criminality: Passed (10 Dec)

4. Security: Not started

Reactions: Nash1905

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys,

Can I ask about your experience in calling the CIC, are the call agents helpful, informative? And how many times have you called so far?

I just called the line on Dec 21, got connected to an agent but he was all rather aggressive, he refused to let me know the status of my application, insisting that all I need to know is available on my online CIC profile. I got no information on that call, and I was quite discouraged by the call agent.

I already crossed my 5-month mark a few days ago. Already ordered GCMS notes and got the following:

Some agents are better than others and sadly some are rather aggressive. So don’t worry and call again after a week.

Reactions: snowball2018

Nash1905

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
Hi my aor is 16 aug and my application says “reviewing eligibility “ that means I am still in Ip1

I am in panic why my application is taking too long. Anyone else is in same boat ?

What should I do ?

Me tooo ....AOR AUG 17th still in IP1 :( its starting to worry me now ......!!!

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi guys,

Just a formality is left, security could take days to months, I think in your case it shouldn't exceed the 6 months (for the whole application processing). Wait another month and then give them another call.

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Just a formality is left, security could take days to months, I think in your case it shouldn't exceed the 6 months (for the whole application processing). Wait another month and then give them another call.
Thank @EE456 for your kind reply, I wish my case would be like that. But 2018 has seen a really slow processing speed, I am not confident.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Thank @EE456 for your kind reply, I wish my case would be like that. But 2018 has seen a really slow processing speed, I am not confident.
Hope is all we have, some cases are getting their PPR within the 6 months and others aren't, we know some of the factors but there are others that are impossible to tell. We have 50 days left until the 6 months are complete and we have nothing started, we only hope, so many things are on hold because of not knowing when we should start serious leaving preparations.

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hope is all we have, some cases are getting their PPR within the 6 months and others aren't, we know some of the factors but there are others that are impossible to tell. We have 50 days left until the 6 months are complete and we have nothing started, we only hope, so many things are on hold because of not knowing when we should start serious leaving preparations.
Have you ordered GCMS notes yet? Since you have got 50 days left, and it takes around 30 days to receive your GCMS notes, I think it does you no harm ordering GCMS notes. At least, you can know how your Eligibility is, since I've learned from this forum that it is the most significant milestone.

I hope that we all get through this journey with PPR and will start planning for our landing soon. Although I have passed 5 months, it did console me a bit since my case seems moving. I really feel for those who have not heard much from CIC, it's depressing.

I am thinking of resigning from my work too, given that I need to give a 45-day notice in advance. But I am in between.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Have you ordered GCMS notes yet? Since you have got 50 days left, and it takes around 30 days to receive your GCMS notes, I think it does you no harm ordering GCMS notes. At least, you can know how your Eligibility is, since I've learned from this forum that it is the most significant milestone.

I hope that we all get through this journey with PPR and will start planning for our landing soon. Although I have passed 5 months, it did console me a bit since my case seems moving. I really feel for those who have not heard much from CIC, it's depressing.

I am thinking of resigning from my work too, given that I need to give a 45-day notice in advance. But I am in between.
I didn't but the call agent told me the case agent had recommended passed eligibility yet it's not confirmed yet, criminality and security not started too.

We have jobs to quit, a house to sell, and the progress bar does nothing but look nice.