+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
actually should have posted this question here. More relevant than the sept thread

question to people in the Sug AOR. I am actually Nov AOR.

Is there anyone on this thread who has applied with family and his PPR process has been really quick?

I have applied with spouse and 2 children. I wonder how long it usually takes to process families. I know it usually takes longer but trying to find out if somebody gets lucky and their application with family gets processed super quick.
Where did you get the belief that families get processed slower??? Folks keep coming up with untrue statements to discourage people. There are lots of Nigerian applicants that apply with family and MANY get approved in record time. I personally know two families, one was approved in 38 days and the other in 45 days. 80% of Nigerian applications are family applications. And if spouse is unaccompanying, there's probably a strong reason like low CRS score.

From immitracker, I noticed most Indian applicants apply alone. Always wondered why. Probably because of this untrue theory. There's NOTHING to make one application process faster than the other. It all depends on what Visa Officer you get, and how he/she is feeling the day they're working on your file.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Where did you get the belief that families get processed slower??? keep coming up with untrue statements to discourage people. There are lots of Nigerian applicants that apply with family and MANY get approved in record time. I personally know two families, one was approved in 38 days and the other in 45 days. 80% of Nigerian applications are family application. From immitracker, I noticed most Indian applicants apply alone. Always wondered why. Probably because of this untrue theory.
well, thank you.

I wasn't aware of this and wanted to test out this theory by trying to find out counter examples. This theory is widely held among indian and chinese people that i have talked to.

about the discouraging part all I have to say is.....o_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: NassarM9

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
well, thank you.

I wasn't aware of this and wanted to test out this theory by trying to find out counter examples. This theory is widely held among indian and chinese people that i have talked to.

about the discouraging part all I have to say is.....o_Oo_Oo_O
Explains why most Indian applications on immitracker have only 1 person on it. I noticed Indians prefer to go the family sponsorship route. Which by the way is not an easy process. Considering the applicant will have to land in Canada, get a GOOD job that meets the right income to sponsor family. And that can take 2 years to achieve, then the sponsorship timelines are at least 1 year. Why would anyone want to go through such stress? Then be lonely during the cold winter nights in Canada?:p

Reactions: dodogirl

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Still in this situation no update change:

AOR - Wednesday August 23 / 2018
If we need more information or once the final decision is made, we will contact you
We are reviewing whether you are eligibility requirements
We do not need additional documents
You have passed medical exam
You do not need an interview
You do not need fingerprint
We are processing background check

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
In regards to people with biometrics request, I noticed two trends in applications processing:
1. People who paid RPRF upfront, these people will remain on IP2 (We are processing Background check...) till PPR. So the stages will be: MEP>BIL>GHOST UPDATE>PPR
2. People who did not pay RPRF, these people will be rolled to IP1 upon payment.

Just my observations.
Never in my life I have been so eager for a ghost to update !

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Can any 1 help in this regard?
My son’s passport is expiring in Jan 2019, although i have applied for renewal. Can it hinder to receive PPR? Or i will receive it regardless of my son’s passport status?

2018expresso

Aug 21, 2018
Still waiting.

FSW-O
AOR - August 2
Medical Passed - August 24
No update since then. BG check has not began.

Is it the right time to request for GCMS notes guys?

2018expresso

Aug 21, 2018
Hello
The status is still 'we are reviewing whether u meet eligibility requirements'
I read some posts earlier where ppl mentioned they received PPR but their status was still the same.

However, their status updated to eligibility met when their visa was stamped

You would have to check the eligibility status over the phone.

Call on 0016139444000
Thank you! Good Luck!

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
I would still inform them if this was my case :)
Always better to be transparent. No harm in informing.

But again, I don't have any accurate info. This is just a personal choice.
U don't have to inform them. I think this will just give them additional info to check and keep back your application in my opinion

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Can any 1 help in this regard?
My son’s passport is expiring in Jan 2019, although i have applied for renewal. Can it hinder to receive PPR? Or i will receive it regardless of my son’s passport status?
It should not hinder anything but they will require a passport with at least validity of 12 Months . So while waiting on ppr you should apply for a new one to submit.