+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,
So, I was finally able to get hold of a CIC agent today, really helpful guy, but he didn't have further info than what I already know.
He said that they are still looking at my documents and so far everything looks OK... Eligibility, security and background has not started as yet. He has details only on my medicals so far, which I know I have passed.
I wanted to check if it makes sense for me to order the GCMS notes now, or should I give it more time.
Suggestions please..
AOR 30 August and they did not even start any stage after MEP??? Damn!

In this case I would not order now (considering what he said is true) cuz it is likely u will not see any great progress.. Just my opinion tho.

Btw, what does your BGC status say?

Reactions: Shikta

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
AOR 30 August and they did not even start any stage after MEP??? Damn!

In this case I would not order now (considering what he said is true) cuz it is likely u will not see any great progress.. Just my opinion tho.

Btw, what does your BGC status say?
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
From the terminology that I understand, this is IP1, right?

Reactions: Archavin89

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
From the terminology that I understand, this is IP1, right?
Yep.

However, this wording is not reliable.

Many ppl get PPR without passing through ''IP2''

Reactions: Shikta

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
I think we should all relax and ease off on these agents until your application has reached 4months mark. That way they will be oblige to give you a concrete reason for no movement on your application. I know being patient isn't easy but let's try. Just my thoughts. We shall all get our PPRs soon amen

Sai baba ki jai

Nov 7, 2018
India
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
Med's Done....
07-09-2018
Good morning people! :):):)

This is probably my last sign in. : )
looks like things are moving fast for us August guys. Especially ones which were mainly at Ottawa.
I’m so happy to share I just saw that I got the coveted PPR email (5:23 am). All this while I kept checking cic account for a ghost update. I didn’t get any ghost update - directly PPR from IP2. I am sharing my detailes below for your referral -
CRS- 459
ITA - 28 Jun
AOR - 17 Aug
MEP- 7 Sep
IP1 - 8 Sep
IP2 - 2 Nov
No ghost updates.
On 7th an agent confirmed that my File was transferred to Montreal post IP2.
PPR - 9 Nov
No emails and only 2 calls made during the harrowing wait.

Thank you guys for being a part of this journey - Aug AOR. I know I have rarely posted here but I have been stalking all threads since the Feb AOR thread. I really wish you all the best. Really hope you all get some good news soon. Just keep faith and continue being patient. Things will work out.

Sai baba ki jai

Nov 7, 2018
India
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
Med's Done....
07-09-2018
Good morning people! :):):)

This is probably my last sign in. : )
looks like things are moving fast for us August guys. Especially ones which were mainly at Ottawa.
I’m so happy to share I just saw that I got the coveted PPR email (5:23 am). All this while I kept checking cic account for a ghost update. I didn’t get any ghost update - directly PPR from IP2. I am sharing my detailes below for your referral -
CRS- 459
ITA - 28 Jun
AOR - 17 Aug
MEP- 7 Sep
IP1 - 8 Sep
IP2 - 2 Nov
No ghost updates.
On 7th an agent confirmed that my File was transferred to Montreal post IP2.
PPR - 9 Nov
No emails and only 2 calls made during the harrowing wait.

Thank you guys for being a part of this journey - Aug AOR. I know I have rarely posted here but I have been stalking all threads since the Feb AOR thread. I really wish you all the best. Really hope you all get some good news soon. Just keep faith and continue being patient. Things will work out.
Forgot to mention - I am the primary applicant - Have a spouse and a son as my dependents.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Guys!!!!!

someone with June AOR who I personally know called IRCC yesterday and he got on the agent’s nerves. He questioned as to why only June applications were moving so slow and why his file has been untouched for 2.5 months despite being in IP2 which he knows through 2 diff sets of GCMS notes. Tthe agent replied that- maybe it’s Coz of that fact itse... and abruptly stopped speaking. He asked the agent to repeat but just got a generic reply that his application is within the 6 month timeline.

Over time There have also been loads of cases where movement stopped once gcms notes were requested .
My advice- don’t request gcms till the 5th months
a sort of a vendetta from the agent ?

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Is IP1 Background check not started yet? or already in progress.
Can you or anyone elaborate the exact status description of IP1 and IP2
  • Background Check: In Progress (IP1) – This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”.

• Background Check: Not Applicable (NA2) – This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2.

• Background Check: In Progress (IP2) – The message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information“. The Passport Request (PPR) mail will be triggered if the applicant paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fees upfront. PPR mails are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage.