Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02/08/2018
Med's Done....
14 Jun 2018
Guys, is it true that the exchange rates are locked at the time your profile was submitted? please confirm the truthfullness of this statement.

I have been reading the same on this firum since some time but dont know if its really true.

The reason being one person from March AOR group got his application refused and the reason he mentioned is the depreciation of indian currency from 52 to 56 which got the funds he showed as POF to go down the 12,500$ limit.
Either this fellow (who got refused) is lying or IRCC is. I have seen a tweet by IRCC's official handle confirming that they use the exchange rates as per the date of AOR. Just that I like my phone clean, I deleted the screenshot sometime back.
I wouldn't benefit from misleading y'all, my own funds have gone down due to the pathetic performance of the INR.

Reactions: M&Ms and SRayhan87

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hi everyone
No movement since AOR 14 august 2018
Medical passed 13/09
Biometrics 18/09
Background check : (we are processing your background check) since AOR (14/08)
Suggestions ?? Other than patience o_O
Other than patience, lol:
1. Order GCMS notes to know exact application statuses like eligibility, criminality, and security. Pro: You will get to see an in-depth analysis of your application (although neither required nor you want to know at the early stages ). Con: The notes would arrive at least 30 days after you submit a request for it.
2. Or call IRCC and ask to know about the statuses mentioned above. You could ask them your current local visa office too. Pro: You will most likely (sometimes an IRCC agent wouldn't share the statuses excusing that they don't have that information) get all the information you need. Con: You will have to try many times to speak to an agent. You will have to use third-party services like google hangouts if you want to use the Canadian phone number of IRCC and you're calling from outside Canada.
3. Email to Ralph Goodale, an MP of the Regina- Wascana, asking to know the above-mentioned statuses and the local VO. Pro: His office usually responds in a day or two and you'll get all the info you need. Con: You would be spamming his inbox. I don't know his email address but you could search through forums and find it as people have been emailing him for a very long time.

P.S. After all of these, all you can do is, still wait and watch because you as an applicant have no influence over the processing speeds in anyways. So again, have patience! :D

Last edited:

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
1. Order GCMS notes to know exact application statuses like eligibility, criminality, and security. Pro: You will get to see an in-depth analysis of your application (although neither required nor you want to know at the early stages ). Con: The notes would arrive at least 30 days after you submit a request for it.
2. Or call IRCC and ask to know about the statuses mentioned above. You could ask them your current local visa office too. Pro: You will most likely (sometimes an IRCC agent wouldn't share the statuses excusing that they don't have that information) get all the information you need. Con: You will have to try many times to speak to an agent. You will have to use third-party services like google hangouts if you want to use the Canadian phone number of IRCC and you're calling from outside Canada.
3. Email to Ralph Goodale, an MP of the Regina- Wascana, asking to know the above-mentioned statuses and the local VO. Pro: His office usually responds in a day or two and you'll get all the info you need. Con: Can't think of any. I don't know his email address but you could search through forums and find it as people have been emailing him for a very long time.

P.S. After all of these all you can do is still wait and watch as you as an applicant have no influence over the processing speeds in anyways. So again, have patience! :D
I would strongly discourage option number 3 right now. We shouldn't be spamming his email inbox when application is mere 2.5 months old.

Med88

Jun 5, 2017
3. Email to Ralph Goodale, an MP of the Regina- Wascana, asking to know the above-mentioned statuses and the local VO. Pro: His office usually responds in a day or two and you'll get all the info you need. Con: You would be spamming his inbox. I don't know his email address but you could search through forums and find it as people have been emailing him for a very long time.

P.S. After all of these, all you can do is, still wait and watch because you as an applicant have no influence over the processing speeds in anyways. So again, have patience! :D
GMCS are what i m thinking about , I believe my application is still recent but obviously there are many applicants with Similar aor that went to the nearest vfs with a big smile on their face. The fact that biometrics applications go straight to ip2 (which is really not significant these days) is confusing... thank you for your feedback

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
GMCS are what i m thinking about , I believe my application is still recent but obviously there are many applicants with Similar aor that went to the nearest vfs with a big smile on their face. The fact that biometrics applications go straight to ip2 (which is really not significant these days) is confusing... thank you for your feedback
In my view, IP1 and IP2 have no relevance to the actual statuses of your application. Because I as an inland applicant went straight to what they call an IP2 but upon calling IRCC I found out nothing has been started on my application. On the other hand, you'd see some outland applicants would always be in IP1 and very close to their PPR they got to see IP2 or might not see it ever.

louardjoe

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2018
AOR Received.
31-08-2018
Med's Done....
30-09-2018
Hi All, this is possibly one of my last updates. Our docs were sent to the processing centre in Sydney on Friday and COPR has been processed and finalized.
The application status has also changed afterwards but there were no emails or notifications of the update.

Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Your background check was completed. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

javo.vdm

Aug 3, 2018
Hi All, this is possibly one of my last updates. Our docs were sent to the processing centre in Sydney on Friday and COPR has been processed and finalized.
The application status has also changed afterwards but there were no emails or notifications of the update.

Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Your background check was completed. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
WOW! Congratulations!! Excellent timeline.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Either this fellow (who got refused) is lying or IRCC is. I have seen a tweet by IRCC's official handle confirming that they use the exchange rates as per the date of AOR. Just that I like my phone clean, I deleted the screenshot sometime back.
I wouldn't benefit from misleading y'all, my own funds have gone down due to the pathetic performance of the INR.
Yup, something is not connecting. It would have been good it the screenshot was with you... we all would have been able to see it... None the less, hope for the best.

Reactions: singhabhineet

singhabhineet

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02/08/2018
Med's Done....
14 Jun 2018
Hi Guys

AOR - 2 August 2018
MEP - 24 August 2018
BGC - 20 October 2018

PPR/COPR - 06 Nov 2018

FSW-O India

Will update the tracker in a short while - at work right now and tracker is not compatible with my current browser. :p

Thank you all for your insights, encouragement and promises of partying when in Canada ;)

God bless you all!