+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

ray987

Oct 17, 2018
I would appreciate any advice on my situation:

My e-AOR: August 16, 2018.
Stream: CEC
Principal Applicant: My wife.
My status in Canada: International student on a study permit.
My wife's (Principal Applicant's) status in Canada: Open work permit (obtained as my spouse).
My study permit and my wife's open work permit will expire on November 30, 2018. I am still a student and I need to extend my study permit.
Current status of our Express Entry Application: Medical passed, Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Here're my questions:
1) How do we renew/extend our status here in Canada?
2) Should my wife apply for her Bridging Open Work permit and then include me as a dependent and ask my study permit to be renewed as well?
3) Or, should I apply (as a principal applicant) for my study permit renewal and then include her in my application for her work permit to be renewed? In this case, should I submit the e-AOR letter with my application?
4) Or, should we apply separately?
5) If we can choose both the options 2 and 3, which option do you think will be faster for us to get our status renewed?

I would really appreciate any advice on my situation. Please, let me know any resources I can look up. I called IRCC several times with no luck: I couldn't speak with any agent due to a very high volume of calls.

Thank you all!!!

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I would appreciate any advice on my situation:

My e-AOR: August 16, 2018.
Stream: CEC
Principal Applicant: My wife.
My status in Canada: International student on a study permit.
My wife's (Principal Applicant's) status in Canada: Open work permit (obtained as my spouse).
My study permit and my wife's open work permit will expire on November 30, 2018. I am still a student and I need to extend my study permit.
Current status of our Express Entry Application: Medical passed, Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Here're my questions:
1) How do we renew/extend our status here in Canada?
2) Should my wife apply for her Bridging Open Work permit and then include me as a dependent and ask my study permit to be renewed as well?
3) Or, should I apply (as a principal applicant) for my study permit renewal and then include her in my application for her work permit to be renewed? In this case, should I submit the e-AOR letter with my application?
4) Or, should we apply separately?
5) If we can choose both the options 2 and 3, which option do you think will be faster for us to get our status renewed?

I would really appreciate any advice on my situation. Please, let me know any resources I can look up. I called IRCC several times with no luck: I couldn't speak with any agent due to a very high volume of calls.

Thank you all!!!
Hi, I think you can renew seperately so that in case one of u got rejected you would still have other way to get the visa very soon

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Guys....any idea on what is the maximum time frame by when IRCC would ask for ADR/ explanation?

I had a doubt that they might ask me for some more documents or explanation regarding my POF as I had sold my property to arrange cash for APR, carried cash to my country of residence, cleared my personal loan and showed remaining amount for APR.

Note: I had explained in detail about this in my LOE

My AOR is 28th Aug, MEP 20th Sep and status says we do not need additional documents. Can I expect an explanation or an ADR in my case in the near future?

Any experts out there?

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Guys....any idea on what is the maximum time frame by when IRCC would ask for ADR/ explanation?

I had a doubt that they might ask me for some more documents or explanation regarding my POF as I had sold my property to arrange cash for APR, carried cash to my country of residence, cleared my personal loan and showed remaining amount for APR.

Note: I had explained in detail about this in my LOE

My AOR is 28th Aug, MEP 20th Sep and status says we do not need additional documents. Can I expect an explanation or an ADR in my case in the near future?

Any experts out there?
I am not expert but I got a 2nd ADR request for address history and personal history. I have completed 2 months post AOR

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
So I got 2nd ADR request today
I am asked for a IMM5669 form but I don't understand the first part highlighted. please see below.
Thanks for your input.

Dear Name
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
 1005897696 - Name: Does anyone knows what this number is?
 Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide a schedule A with no gaps in personal history and address history. Please ensure you provide address history for period 2017/12/23-2018/09/27, & education/personal history for 2016/03-2016/05.

Atuli

Oct 14, 2018
Hi All need urgent advice please...I have lived in Australia for 6 years...while I left Australia in 2014..I was on a student visa...I came back to India and thereon never could go back due to personal reasons...my visa would have got revoked after certain time period...during filling my docs with CIC I have forgotten to mention this in LOE...even though I never had any rejections/refusals for any country I have visited but this has started concerning me now as I forgot to mention this...does this carry any bearing on my application...???
Please advice

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hi All need urgent advice please...I have lived in Australia for 6 years...while I left Australia in 2014..I was on a student visa...I came back to India and thereon never could go back due to personal reasons...my visa would have got revoked after certain time period...during filling my docs with CIC I have forgotten to mention this in LOE...even though I never had any rejections/refusals for any country I have visited but this has started concerning me now as I forgot to mention this...does this carry any bearing on my application...???
Please advice
What exactly did you forget to mention in LOE? From what you have written it isn't quite clear. Did you forget to note that you were on student visa in Australia?