+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I received my AOR1 for both myself the sponsor, and my husband the applicant. BUT, I've tried linking the application online, and have maxed out 5 times 2 days in a row. NOTHING is working, is anyone else having this problem? I live in the USA, so I can't call them. What do I do?
There's tons of threads for tips and tricks. If it's just you and applicant, did you put 2 for number of people?

Also, don't stress. Not only is linking not mandatory, it does not change the process, and you can do it at any time throughout. If you miss the 7 day "deadline" it's not a big deal.

apple.j

Star Member
May 25, 2017
I received my AOR1 for both myself the sponsor, and my husband the applicant. BUT, I've tried linking the application online, and have maxed out 5 times 2 days in a row. NOTHING is working, is anyone else having this problem? I live in the USA, so I can't call them. What do I do?
hi may i know when your application was received?

Last edited:
Reactions: barnalve

barnalve

Aug 14, 2017
Use PA's Account
Permanent Resident --> Family Class (Spouses)
Choose = Family Name, Given Name, Birth Date
Enter PA's Family Name, Given Name, Birth Date (I copy pasted Family and Given Names from the application file - not sure if that made any difference)
DO NOT put anything for city and country of birth (leave it BLANK)
Enter accurate Passport Information as it is on you application (I copy pasted the Passport Number - not sure if that made any difference)
Enter Province and City where PA intends to live (Enter as it is in your application)
Marital Status = Married
# of applicants = 2 (PA + Sponsor)

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/142DxA-H1dhrV3fgd5l8XYva4QJtWmxVv7AY8pVG5PGk

Reactions: Lia77

Aquia

Nov 9, 2015
Toronto
Visa Office......
Port of spain
App. Filed.......
9-10-2017
Doc's Request.
9-23-2017
AOR Received.
9-22-2017
File Transfer...
10-06-2017
dont worry, i see some Aug 1 is getting AOR1 last week, so you should get yours next week and i think the speed is depending on the individual agent handling the case.
I hope so, thank you!

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hey everyone, it's my first time posting. Submitted my application to sponsor my husband on August 8, received the following day. I'm scared it will be returned because the PR pics are the wrong size (too small). I visited my husband in Haiti last month and came back with the correct size now.

Any thoughts about this please??

Nabil_TO

Aug 25, 2017
Hey everyone, it's my first time posting. Submitted my application to sponsor my husband on August 8, received the following day. I'm scared it will be returned because the PR pics are the wrong size (too small). I visited my husband in Haiti last month and came back with the correct size now.

Any thoughts about this please??
From what I read, it won't get returned because of that, they will just ask you to resend the right pics and that will delay your application.

Not an expert though, so I'm not 100% sure

Reactions: faithey

JSNH

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
31-08-2017
Doc's Request.
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-10-2017
File Transfer...
08-02-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Hey we submitted our application on August 29th it was received September 2nd. We completed the application ourselves. Did anyone use a representative for the application?

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hey we submitted our application on August 29th it was received September 2nd. We completed the application ourselves. Did anyone use a representative for the application?
I used a representative for my application. Submitted application August 8. Waiting anxiously!

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Random question. How many times a day do you check your email or home mail for correspondence from Immigration? I'm obsessed! I must be checking my email at least 50 times a day...literally!

Reactions: kanor24

Raza1214

Aug 20, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Random question. How many times a day do you check your email or home mail for correspondence from Immigration? I'm obsessed! I must be checking my email at least 50 times a day...literally!
Lol. I understand as it can be tempting to check your email every second. I ask my wife once a day to see if she got an email in her inbox. I also check the spreadsheet to see if any of the folks around my date of submission got AORs.

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
today my sponsor husband received the mail that I am in the process, but I still have not received anything. I will wait for the mail for the medical and police certificate now??

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Use PA's Account
Permanent Resident --> Family Class (Spouses)
Choose = Family Name, Given Name, Birth Date
Enter PA's Family Name, Given Name, Birth Date (I copy pasted Family and Given Names from the application file - not sure if that made any difference)
DO NOT put anything for city and country of birth (leave it BLANK)
Enter accurate Passport Information as it is on you application (I copy pasted the Passport Number - not sure if that made any difference)
Enter Province and City where PA intends to live (Enter as it is in your application)
Marital Status = Married
# of applicants = 2 (PA + Sponsor)

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/142DxA-H1dhrV3fgd5l8XYva4QJtWmxVv7AY8pVG5PGk

Thanks a lot..it helped.... I tried to link my application with 2 email Id's and exceeded the time limit. Then I created another account and followed your instruction and it worked for me..... :)

Reactions: barnalve