NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Hello,

I was wondering why your schedule A has to be submitted twice? Did you email this to them through an online account? Or was it submitted in person? Usually after a successful submission of schedule A, I found in my application the immigration went silent for 4 months. Afterwards if all is well, they would send a prearrival letter and shortly to follow, PPR.

On a last ditch resort, you can try to submit a web form on CIC website on grounds your application exceeded the standard 12 months of processing. Good luck!

cnvz

Oct 14, 2018
Our application was received and complete in August 2017, and we're still waiting. We had a phone interview in October and have heard nothing since then. We're waiting to get instructions about our now expired medical. In a few weeks it will have been 1 year and 4 months of waiting :( Is anyone else still waiting or is it just us?

Reactions: Suzy18

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Our application was received and complete in August 2017, and we're still waiting. We had a phone interview in October and have heard nothing since then. We're waiting to get instructions about our now expired medical. In a few weeks it will have been 1 year and 4 months of waiting :( Is anyone else still waiting or is it just us?
So sorry to hear the wait time is much longer than usual for you. What country are you applying from?
Also you mentioned having a phone interview in October. What was the purpose of the interview?

Usually if interviews are requested, it can be a variety of reasons. But the common ones that may trigger an interview are missing items from the original application or questions pertaining to the relationship genuity.

The only thing you can try though is submitting a webform on the CIC website and requesting to see what's happening with your application. The standard processing for family related applications are 12 months if applied after December 7, 2016.

cnvz

Oct 14, 2018
So sorry to hear the wait time is much longer than usual for you. What country are you applying from?
Also you mentioned having a phone interview in October. What was the purpose of the interview?

Usually if interviews are requested, it can be a variety of reasons. But the common ones that may trigger an interview are missing items from the original application or questions pertaining to the relationship genuity.

The only thing you can try though is submitting a webform on the CIC website and requesting to see what's happening with your application. The standard processing for family related applications are 12 months if applied after December 7, 2016.
My husband is from Venezuela, but he's living in Spain for the moment.

During the phone interview they asked just a few questions, but one was if he had worked illegally in Canada because someone had reported that he had. He told the agent that he hadn't worked illegally in Canada, but he did have a part time job for awhile though, and he included all the details on Schedule A. He also had a work permit so it was totally legal. The agent said it was fine and they couldn't find any illegal activity on his file. They didn't ask anything about our relationship, it seemed like they had enough evidence that it's real.

It's so hard waiting and not knowing anything. And it's worse too because December means holiday time for many :( not much of a holiday when our baby daughter and I are away from my husband...

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
My husband is from Venezuela, but he's living in Spain for the moment.

During the phone interview they asked just a few questions, but one was if he had worked illegally in Canada because someone had reported that he had. He told the agent that he hadn't worked illegally in Canada, but he did have a part time job for awhile though, and he included all the details on Schedule A. He also had a work permit so it was totally legal. The agent said it was fine and they couldn't find any illegal activity on his file. They didn't ask anything about our relationship, it seemed like they had enough evidence that it's real.

It's so hard waiting and not knowing anything. And it's worse too because December means holiday time for many :( not much of a holiday when our baby daughter and I are away from my husband...
I definitely and truly can relate not being able to be with your family during the holidays. I, too, faced the same thing last year as well as I was hoping my wife would have joined me. Luckily this year, my wife is able to for the first time.

Also do you have an online account where you linked your application? It's called MyCIC.

I can see it's been more than 12 months since you've heard anything and the only thing I can suggest is submit a webform to CIC requesting the status of your application to see where your application is at.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

If you wanted to take the inquiry further but there maybe fees involved, you can request what's called GCMS notes (Global Case Management System) that will show all the notes the officers of CIC have entered for your husband. This can be requested at:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

This request can take more time though and receive the information that's been entered through for your husbands file. Although I do believe you need to be a Canadian citizen to request this.

Hang in there and hope for the best. Let me know how it works out.

cnvz

Oct 14, 2018
I definitely and truly can relate not being able to be with your family during the holidays. I, too, faced the same thing last year as well as I was hoping my wife would have joined me. Luckily this year, my wife is able to for the first time.

Also do you have an online account where you linked your application? It's called MyCIC.

I can see it's been more than 12 months since you've heard anything and the only thing I can suggest is submit a webform to CIC requesting the status of your application to see where your application is at.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

If you wanted to take the inquiry further but there maybe fees involved, you can request what's called GCMS notes (Global Case Management System) that will show all the notes the officers of CIC have entered for your husband. This can be requested at:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

This request can take more time though and receive the information that's been entered through for your husbands file. Although I do believe you need to be a Canadian citizen to request this.

Hang in there and hope for the best. Let me know how it works out.
Thank you so much for your words and suggestions - they are greatly appreciated.

Yes, I've linked our application online, and I just recently applied for the GCMS notes. After 12 months passed I used the webform to contact immigration and I just got the standard response that our application is still being processed. I've also written letters and contacted out local MP. Nothing much seems to help really. It seems all we can do is wait...

I'm glad you're able to spend the holidays with your wife this year. It should be a memorable year for you both.

Suzy18

Jul 10, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hi, Our application was also received in August 2017.
My husband had his interview in September 2018 in Santo Domingo.
The lady said that she'll send an answer in the next few weeks and we are still waiting...
I already sent 2 emails to mexico and they always answer «your application is being processes»

:(

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
We are August 2017 applicants and we are still waiting as well.
My husband had interview in October 2018 in Rabat
He was told he would receive an answer in 2 days or ASAP.
I submitted the webform over a month ago - no reply.
MP is not much help.
I was hoping we would be together for the holidays.
Doesn't look like we will hear anything until next year.

cnvz

Oct 14, 2018
Hi, Our application was also received in August 2017.
My husband had his interview in September 2018 in Santo Domingo.
The lady said that she'll send an answer in the next few weeks and we are still waiting...
I already sent 2 emails to mexico and they always answer «your application is being processes»

:(
Yeah, I had the same experience with contacting the Mexican office: your application is still being processed, thank you for keeping contact to a minimum :rolleyes:

cnvz

Oct 14, 2018
We are August 2017 applicants and we are still waiting as well.
My husband had interview in October 2018 in Rabat
He was told he would receive an answer in 2 days or ASAP.
I submitted the webform over a month ago - no reply.
MP is not much help.
I was hoping we would be together for the holidays.
Doesn't look like we will hear anything until next year.
That's too bad. It's so hard waiting, and waiting... not knowing.

Reactions: Angeldust

Rezahussain7

Feb 11, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am a Indian citizen and I recently got married in November last year. I want to apply for spousal sponsership. I live in toronto and my wife is in india, what office do i need to mail the application too? I ama bit confused if the application must be mailed to an office in india or an office in canada as this will be an outland immigration?

Best,
Reza

Neharika88

Oct 15, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 15, 2018
Doc's Request.
October 19, 2018