+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

SGroen

Mar 2, 2016
Hello everyone

We finally recieved an email requesting my spouse passport. Happy and relieved !!

However, we have a big concern right now. can someone HELP ME?

He did his medical on october 30th 2017. On the email we received it states that the validity of the VISA will be the medical exame (12 months after) or the validity of the passport, which ever is the earliest.

They clearly state on the email that we shouldnt make any plans regarding moving to Canada until we recieve the passport back.

October 30 is in 2 months and until they recieve the passport and send it back it will probably be close to 2 months.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WILL HAPPEN ?

SHOULD WE BUY FLIGHT TICKETS? Last minute tickets are so expensive

SHOULD WE WAIT AND SEE ?

SHOULD I TRY TO CONTACT THEM ?

Going crazy here

THANKS

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Hello everyone

We finally recieved an email requesting my spouse passport. Happy and relieved !!

However, we have a big concern right now. can someone HELP ME?

He did his medical on october 30th 2017. On the email we received it states that the validity of the VISA will be the medical exame (12 months after) or the validity of the passport, which ever is the earliest.

They clearly state on the email that we shouldnt make any plans regarding moving to Canada until we recieve the passport back.

October 30 is in 2 months and until they recieve the passport and send it back it will probably be close to 2 months.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WILL HAPPEN ?

SHOULD WE BUY FLIGHT TICKETS? Last minute tickets are so expensive

SHOULD WE WAIT AND SEE ?

SHOULD I TRY TO CONTACT THEM ?

Going crazy here

THANKS
What is your visa office?
Did you send physical passports or photocopies?
Are you from a visa exempt country?

SGroen

Mar 2, 2016
What is your visa office?
Did you send physical passports or photocopies?
Are you from a visa exempt country?
Sao Paulo - Brazil

I am not from a visa exempt country

Havent sent my passport yet, but i will be sending it this week and because Im not from a visa exempt country i need to the the actual passport (not photocopies)

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Sao Paulo - Brazil

I am not from a visa exempt country

Havent sent my passport yet, but i will be sending it this week and because Im not from a visa exempt country i need to the the actual passport (not photocopies)
ok.
In that case it's best to wait. I'm not sure on timeframes for submitted passports but visa exempt is 15 to 20 days. the new Delhi visa threads will give you an idea.on timeframes as they have to submit passports as well.

Don't book flights unless you can book cheap sale flexible fares otherwise you'll end up.oit of pocket. last minute flights are expensive IRCC likes to make everyone pay for ev4rything at the last minute rate.

you could include a letter if your travel is urgent but as the letter says don't book flights. they won't process faster if you've booked flights.

SGroen

Mar 2, 2016
Thanks James !!

I might send the passport closer the deadline they gave me so until they process and send it back it will be after october 30th.

I might send a letter with my passport requesting a longer time frame to enter the country. I have a big project on my company that I am responsible for, I have work conferences (flights, hotels and so on) booked in December. Its basically impossible to leave until next year.

Zeb786

May 11, 2018
Thanks James !!

I might send the passport closer the deadline they gave me so until they process and send it back it will be after october 30th.

I might send a letter with my passport requesting a longer time frame to enter the country. I have a big project on my company that I am responsible for, I have work conferences (flights, hotels and so on) booked in December. Its basically impossible to leave until next year.
It's not gonna work, they are not flexible enough according to the clients demands. If your medical gets expired then a new MEDICAL test is required otherwise no visa.

SGroen

Mar 2, 2016
It's not gonna work, they are not flexible enough according to the clients demands. If your medical gets expired then a new MEDICAL test is required otherwise no visa.
I am ok doing another medical

I just dont want to rush to enter Canada, because flight tickets are expensive and there is a lot do be done before I move

Thanks to your input

Zeb786

May 11, 2018
I am ok doing another medical

I just dont want to rush to enter Canada, because flight tickets are expensive and there is a lot do be done before I move

Thanks to your input
If you don rush, you have to spend 600$ again on MEDICAL, and you application will be delay as well if you don't get ur visa before 30 Oct. Because cic will wait for new medical results . GOOD LUCK

dania12

Aug 6, 2014
Hello,
They received my husband file on aug 26th. After some months they asked for my husband bckground check as he is naval officer, police clearence and medical. Now its been like 5 months now the status is showing only they recieved medical and in process after that their is no response from their side... kindly guide me how much should I wait... i called to cic customer service they just said that wait for 1 year or more couple of months... but its now 11 months no response.. plz help

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Our application was received on August 30, 2017 and we are still waiting. I contacted my MP with no reply. I think the only thing I can do is order more GCMS notes. CIC website is never updated - still says we will let you know when we start your background check, and I know they must have finished it by now.

maria79

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
30-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
17-02-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Hello,
They received my husband file on aug 26th. After some months they asked for my husband bckground check as he is naval officer, police clearence and medical. Now its been like 5 months now the status is showing only they recieved medical and in process after that their is no response from their side... kindly guide me how much should I wait... i called to cic customer service they just said that wait for 1 year or more couple of months... but its now 11 months no response.. plz help
May i know your visa office coz the length of processing time will depend on what country you applied? I was an outland applicant. I am from the Philippines. I have also experienced what you underwent. They received my medical last Feb 2018. For 5 mos there was no update. Gckey showed application in process and not until the 3rd week of July, my gckey changed to background check in process (bgcip). We did not call nor request for gcms notes like what others did or asked for help from MP during those months when there was no update because we will just rely on the IRCC to update us in our emails. However, when month of August came since there was no update yet after our gckey changed to bgcip, my husband felt the need to ask for gcms notes to ircc and at the same time asked help from MP. MP was very accomodating and gave us an update of our application just few days we emailed them. We ordered GCMS notes the same month last August and received last 2nd week of Sept. During that time when we received our gcms notes, we already got our PPR last Sept 12 and got our visa last Sept 19. I felt your anxiety with your application coz i also experienced the same way you did. It was so depressing to know that there was no update for months. Just always think positive and good news will come your way and always pray and thank God for everything He has done for us. yes, God really helped us in our 9 months journey of our spousal visa application. I know yours will come very soon.

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Hello,
Hello,

Usually the goal of CIC is to process family related sponsored applications within 12 months. From my experience, things do go quiet for 4-5 months when background checks are being completed, along with medical. The only time you should contact CIC is when it's passed the processing time of 12 months. I also found that when calling the embassy or CIC doesn't usually speed the process up. Depending on the officer's mood, it's been found they can place files in the bottom of the pile if they are called too many times. If it's been 11 months, I would wait until the 12 months passes. Then you will have the ability to submit a webform on IRCC's website to determine which process your application is at.

RAJ149

Feb 11, 2016
Inda
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, INdia
App. Filed.......
29/08/2017
AOR Received.
30/08/2017
File Transfer...
01/06/2017
Med's Request
20/10/2017
Med's Done....
04/11/2017
Hello Everyone,

My husband and I applied for Outland Spousal sponsorship in August 2017. At present I am in India and he is in Canada. My timeline is as given below.

Visa Office : New Delhi, India
Application submitted : 29th August 2017
Application received : 30th August 2017
AOR received : 14th October 2017
Sponsor eligibility : 20th October 2017
Medical Request : 20th October 2017
Medical Submitted : 9th November 2017
Schedule A request : 23rd October 2017
Schedule A submitted : 9th November 2017
Schedule A requested second time : 07 May 2018
Schedule A submitted again : 17 May 2018
File transfer : 01st June 2018
File processing started : 12th June 2018

After this, we have not received any update from CIC. Its been 14 months now we have submitted application and fro5 months file is in New Delhi Visa office, but no pre-arrival and PPR request is received till date.