Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2017
LANDED..........
25-11-2017
Hello, I see that you are from the Vienna office, from which country you come from?
My husband comes from Serbia! What about you? :)

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
On October 27 our application was forwarded to the Port Au Prince visa office. I checked ecas last night and I see a new line added.

"We started processing your application on November 2, 2017"

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread, this is my first post here. I am the sponsor, (Canadian citizen) my husband is the principle applicant (US citizen). We both live in the US and plan to move to Canada together.

Has anyone else been waiting several weeks for Sponsorship Approval?
It has been 6 weeks now since our AOR but we have not received a Sponsorship Approval. Here is my timeline:

-August 17: Application received
-September 21: Request for Sched A and Police Cert. (PA's email)
-September 22: AOR (sponsor's email)
-October 10: Uploaded Sched A and Police Cert to IRCC webform because we were unable to link the application on GCKey.
-October 21: We were finally able to link the application on GCKey, and it said "We are processing your application" (principal applicant's application for Permanent Residence) however ECAS still only says "Application received" for principal applicant and still says "In process" for sponsor. I know ECAS is not updated with the same details as GCKey, but it has been the same status on ECAS for almost 3 months now.

I am trying to be patient, I know they are very busy. But I know that 6 weeks and counting is quite a gap between AOR and SA and so I'm beginning to worry.
Any insight from fellow applicants is much appreciated.
Thank you!

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread, this is my first post here. I am the sponsor, (Canadian citizen) my husband is the principle applicant (US citizen). We both live in the US and plan to move to Canada together.

It has been 6 weeks now since our AOR but we have not received a Sponsorship Approval. Here is my timeline:

-October 10: Uploaded Sched A and Police Cert to IRCC webform because we were unable to link the application on GCKey.
-October 21: We were finally able to link the application on GCKey, and it said "We are processing your application" (principal applicant's application for Permanent Residence) however ECAS still only says "Application received" for principal applicant and still says "In process" for sponsor. I know ECAS is not updated with the same details as GCKey, but it has been the same status on ECAS for almost 3 months now.

I am trying to be patient, I know they are very busy. But I know that 6 weeks and counting is quite a gap between AOR and SA and so I'm beginning to worry.
Thank you!
You should call them and ask about your case.

Reactions: karagreer

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
our only notification of sponsorship approval was an email sent to the sponsor about a week after linking our account.
maybe because you missed the window to link your account they could be sending it via post.
definitely try and connect with the office, as you said that is quite a lengthy wait for SA.
it can be tough to be patient during this process as nothing is in our hands once we submit the application. thank goodness for this forum!
best of luck :)

Reactions: karagreer

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi everyone. I am principal applicant. My file was received on 24th August. Now I am waiting for file transfer and background check to start. Can someone please guide whether I can apply for visitor visa at this stage ? What are its chances of success ? Any other suggestion or guidance please ?

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone. I am principal applicant. My file was received on 24th August. Now I am waiting for file transfer and background check to start. Can someone please guide whether I can apply for visitor visa at this stage ? What are its chances of success ? Any other suggestion or guidance please ?
are u from a visa exempt country? or you need a visa?

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Yes, you can apply for a visa. Read the details here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp The chances are 50/50 as always.

Reactions: adv.rishab

aiz19

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-10-2017
I sent Sched A and PCC thru mail and webform.. anyone knows how long it will take for them to see it? TIA! Godbless..

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
I sent Sched A and PCC thru mail and webform.. anyone knows how long it will take for them to see it? TIA! Godbless..
I webform my sch A and a week later i got a email saying they will transfer to the agent who handles my case. And my PCC was sent by my local police authority, which I never got anything from CIC if they have received. But not my ECAS is in process so I guess they received.