+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2016 - CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyl92 said:
Is there a way for you to contact them since they ask for lease agreements and you can't provide those documents .
Or you MAY send all the documents you have in possession with an explaining letter saying why you can't provide those documents . My piece of advice can't be taken for 100% accurate though .
I guess you applied with 1460 days exactly ..they only asked for documentation for the first 6 months ?
Thanks tyl92

I had a total 1666 days (6 yrs) when i applied and a solid 4 full years without any trips outside Canada. The issue was my passport didn't have any stamps since June 2011. The officer told me during my interview that he was going to request for my entry/exit records from CBSA which would reflect my last entry as Aug 23, 2012. My concern is about the period between Aug 22, 2012 and Feb 2013, I was looking for a job and wasn't on any lease but i do have some utility and credit card bills for this period. Do i send these bills with explanation?

Thanks again members for all the support!

mylabmax

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinam said:
Thanks tyl92

I had a total 1666 days (6 yrs) when i applied and a solid 4 full years without any trips outside Canada. The issue was my passport didn't have any stamps since June 2011. The officer told me during my interview that he was going to request my entry/exit records from CBSA which would reflect my last entry as Aug 23, 2012. My concern is about the period between Aug 22, 2012 and Feb 2013, I was looking for a job and wasn't on any lease but i do have some utility and credit card bills for this period. Do i send these bills with explanation?

Thanks again members for all the support!
Hi Tinam,

IMHO, yes, if you have anything under your name (cellphone, utilities, bank statements, etc), you can include it in your package. I think it would also help to send a cover letter to explain the scenario and you can send them a copy of the lease agreement of your wife's name as a supporting document.

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mylabmax said:
Hi Tinam,

IMHO, yes, if you have anything under your name (cellphone, utilities, bank statements, etc), you can include it in your package. I think it would also help to send a cover letter to explain the scenario and you can send them a copy of the lease agreement of your wife's name as a supporting document.
Hi Mylabmax
Congrats on the Oath date.. your journey is almost coming to an end..congrats!! I will send as much as possible including my wife's lease agreement. I was leaning towards sending additional documents to cover that grey area. Thanks again..and best wishes to you as well..

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi Tinam,
Do you know who is your MP and Councillor?
why not approach there office and see if they can provide you with reference letter or any suggestions they might have that will support your application.
Good Luck!

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gallant555 said:
Hi Tinam,
Do you know who is your MP and Councillor?
why not approach there office and see if they can provide you with reference letter or any suggestions they might have that will support your application.
Good Luck!
Hi Gallant
That's a good idea. The office is not too far from where i live, i will go tomorrow and seek some advice. Thanks again!

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
mylabmax said:
Hi Tintin,

Can we really apply for a passport after the oath?

Thanks
Yes. I did my oath on Thursday, and I am picking my passport on Monday.
I couldn't go straight to the passport office from the oath because of the storm. But I went first thing on Friday, and all they wanted to know was when I was traveling.They said I have to get urgent service. And was told to pick up on Monday.
Honestly, I know countless people that applied right after their oath and the application is approved!

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Rigly68 said:
Didn't work for me. But I could do it after waiting 1 business day. In order to get urgent processing tho your flight out of country needs to be the next or same day.
Believe me, it works in North York office.
Those that I know applied for normal service and there was no problem. I got urgent service because I am traveling out on Monday.
Nobody, needs to change travel plans to get their passport..... except, its the same day as your oath, that you are planning on traveling.

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
foofoo123 said:
Thanks!

Do you know how long it takes to receive oath letter once the status changes to decision made?

Do they send the oath letter through e-mail or snail mail?
There is no fixed time to when decision is made and when oath letter arrives. I have read different timeline.
My ecas was updated to decision made on 28th November and oath letter was also 28th of November. In fact, I received the oath letter via snail mail on the 30th of November.... which made me go and check my ecas.

mylabmax

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tintin said:
Yes. I did my oath on Thursday, and I am picking my passport on Monday.
I couldn't go straight to the passport office from the oath because of the storm. But I went first thing on Friday, and all they wanted to know was when I was traveling.They said I have to get urgent service. And was told to pick up on Monday.
Honestly, I know countless people that applied right after their oath and the application is approved!
Thanks Tintin,

I will keep this in mind. I guess there is no harm to try. I will apply directly after oath at the scarborough office.

cisco316

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
mylabmax said:
Thanks Tintin,

I will keep this in mind. I guess there is no harm to try. I will apply directly after oath at the scarborough office.
Hi Matlabmax,

After your Oath , you cannot apply right away, you have to wait for 2 days ,after 2 days then you can apply anytime...

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Requested documents submitted and received yesterday Dec 20, so now the waiting game begins...Happy Holidays everyone!!

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinam said:
Requested documents submitted and received yesterday Dec 20, so now the waiting game begins...Happy Holidays everyone!!
All the best for a speedy processing of your application now!

scorpion9500

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed the test yesterday 20/20 and was told I should be able to do my oath around late January due to the holidays. The interview was straightforward and took very little time.

Timeline:
Delivered on Aug 5, 2016
AOR on Aug 19, 2016
In process on Aug 24, 2016
Fingerprint Request: Nov 17, 2016
Test Taken: Dec 22
Windsor Ontario