+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2016 - CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

samzas

Aug 22, 2013
Hello Forum,

Following is my timeline for citizenship application...Since August 17, 2016 the application has been showing as "In Process", there has been no correspondence by CIC regarding my file. Looking at the speedy and quick timelines of folks on this forum I am very worried. Can someone please help as to what may be happening in the background? Also are there other people who are with similar timelines and still waiting for a response?

Thanks

Office : Sydney, Nova Scotia

App Mailed - July 27 , 2016
App Delivered - July 29, 2016
AOR Received - August 11, 2016
In Process - August 17, 2016
Cit Test invite ??
Cit Test taken ??
Oath ??

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
samzas said:
Hello Forum,

Following is my timeline for citizenship application...Since August 17, 2016 the application has been showing as "In Process", there has been no correspondence by CIC regarding my file. Looking at the speedy and quick timelines of folks on this forum I am very worried. Can someone please help as to what may be happening in the background? Also are there other people who are with similar timelines and still waiting for a response?

Thanks

Office : Sydney, Nova Scotia

App Mailed - July 27 , 2016
App Delivered - July 29, 2016
AOR Received - August 11, 2016
In Process - August 17, 2016
Cit Test invite ??
Cit Test taken ??
Oath ??
Yes, it's too long!
Mine went into process on the 24th of August and when I did not hear anything from them by the 24th of October, I contacted my MP to ask them to look into my file (the law allows the MP to get report on your file with 2days). Guess what, a letter was sent out that same 24th of October for an interview date of 24th of November.
I will be taking my oath on the 15th of this month.
So, my advice is that you call your MP and tell them you need them to look into your case for you.

App Mailed - Aug 1 , 2016
App Delivered - August 4, 2016
AOR Received - August 16, 2016
In Process - August 24, 2016
Cit Test invite- October 24, 2016
Cit Test taken - November 24, 2016
Oath- December 15, 2016

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfam2016 said:
Dear all,

I have got my Citizenship on Friday December 9th. Thanks to each and every one of you in this journey. Couldn't have done without all of your advice and support. I'm going to take short break and will be back in a month or two to apply citizenship for my wife and son.

I have one question, my son born in US and 6 years old. During my test and document verification, the officer told me you can apply for your son separately once you become Canadian and the process is faster. Can some one point me the link on how to take it further?

Appreciate all your assistance, and best wishes to the rest of the folks.

Thanks!
Congrats Jfam on this noble achievement! All the best wishes to you and your entire family!!!

mylabmax

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tintin said:
I am going straight from the oath ceremony to the passport office. And get an urgent passport service.
It works. I know they say one should stay for 3days or thereabout, but its not true. You can use your citizenship certificate instantly.
And congratulations to everybody that submitted in August and is reaching the milestone of been granted the Canadian citizenship.

My timeline:
THORNHILL (MISSISSAUGA OFFICE)
APP MAILED: AUG 01TH,2016
APP DELIVERED: AUG 04TH,2016
AOR: AUG 16TH,2016
INPROCESS: AUG 24,2016
TEST INVITE:OCTOBER 24TH,2016
TEST:NOV 24th,2016
DM: NOV 28TH 2016
OATH INVITE:NOV 28TH,2016
OATH: DEC 15TH
Hi Tintin,

Can we really apply for a passport after the oath?

Thanks

foofoo123

Sep 6, 2016
Hi guys,

CIC had asked me for a few extra documents (translation of passport stamps) after I cleared my test last month. I had sent the documents in 3 weeks ago. I just logged in and saw the status has been changed to "Decision made". Hopefully, it is good news.

Do you know how long it takes to receive oath letter once the status changes to decision made?

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foofoo123 said:
Hi guys,

CIC had asked me for a few extra documents (translation of passport stamps) after I cleared my test last month. I had sent the documents in 3 weeks ago. I just logged in and saw the status has been changed to "Decision made". Hopefully, it is good news.

Do you know how long it takes to receive oath letter once the status changes to decision made?
Hello foofool..
I believe its good news. If there was something else, it should still be "in process". Congrats!

suriyaramesh

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats dudegujrat, do study "Discover Canada" book well, you will come out in flying colours, best wishes
dudegujrat said:
I am so happy I have checked my ecas it's been updated for test invitation sent on December 8 to appear on test on January 10th.

I am really thankful for your help guys. Best of luck all.

Imran Awesome job bro hopefully you will get it soon too

foofoo123

Sep 6, 2016
foofoo123 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Do they send the oath letter through e-mail or snail mail?

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
suriyaramesh said:
Congrats dudegujrat, do study "Discover Canada" book well, you will come out in flying colours, best wishes

Thanks a lot what documents I have to carry with me. I have my old passport as well which I renewed before moving to Canada in 2011.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mylabmax said:
Hi Tintin,

Can we really apply for a passport after the oath?

Thanks
Didn't work for me. But I could do it after waiting 1 business day. In order to get urgent processing tho your flight out of country needs to be the next or same day.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudegujrat said:
Thanks a lot what documents I have to carry with me. I have my old passport as well which I renewed before moving to Canada in 2011.
It should state in your test invite letter what documents to bring.

But in any case bring all the original documents you sent copies of with your application and yes all the passports (valid and expired) in your possession.

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello members
I need some advice on a CIT 0520: When i moved and settled in Canada, i did not immediately rent on my own, my wife was the only one on the lease then 6 months later, we moved and have been on the lease since. I was asked to submit lease agreements which will definitely be 6 months short of the required 4 of 6 yrs, should i submit alternative documents like bills to cover that period? During the first 6 months i wasn't employed, so no income to show for this period. Thanks for your input in advance!

I should mention too that the officer did request for my entry/exit records from CBSA which show my last entry was Aug 23, 2012...

mylabmax

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
Didn't work for me. But I could do it after waiting 1 business day. In order to get urgent processing tho your flight out of country needs to be the next or same day.
I see. What did they tell you? I was planning to do this to save time off from work.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
tinam said:
Hello members
I need some advice on a CIT 0520: When i moved and settled in Canada, i did not immediately rent on my own, my wife was the only one on the lease then 6 months later, we moved and have been on the lease since. I was asked to submit lease agreements which will definitely be 6 months short of the required 4 of 6 yrs, should i submit alternative documents like bills to cover that period? During the first 6 months i wasn't employed, so no income to show for this period. Thanks for your input in advance!

I should mention too that the officer did request for my entry/exit records from CBSA which show my last entry was Aug 23, 2012...
Is there a way for you to contact them since they ask for lease agreements and you can't provide those documents .
Or you MAY send all the documents you have in possession with an explaining letter saying why you can't provide those documents . My piece of advice can't be taken for 100% accurate though .
I guess you applied with 1460 days exactly ..they only asked for documentation for the first 6 months ?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mylabmax said:
I see. What did they tell you? I was planning to do this to save time off from work.
it doesn't hurt to try but in my case it just wasn't in the system after the oath.