+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2016 - CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

Dsc

Aug 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cisco316 said:
Hi Dsc, did you receive the test invite via postal mail?
We got the invite in the mail but it showed online what date so well.

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dsc said:
As of this morning, application says decision made! Hopefully we get the letter in the mail soon! :)
Congrats Dsc! You made it...wow, that was super fast. Congrats again!!!!

RamMur

Aug 17, 2015
App Mailed - Aug 26, 2016
App Delivered - Aug 29, 2016
AOR Received - ??
In Process - ??
Cit Test invite ??
Cit Test taken ??
Oath ??

RamMur

Aug 17, 2015
I have noticed from the posts, it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive the AOR from the date the application delivered. My app was delivered to CIC on 29th Aug. I did not get the AOR so far. From one of the posts, I could see AOR has been received for App delivered on 18th Aug.

Has any one received AORs for Application delivered after 18th Aug?

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our application is in-process!

Here is my time line:

App Mailed - August 16, 2016
App Delivered - August 18, 2016
AOR Received - September 01, 2016
In Process - September 09, 2016 :)
Cit Test invite - September XX,2016
Cit Test taken - October XX, 2016
Oath Take - November XX, 2016

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Hi there, can anybody help me in determining m eligibility to apply for citizenship.
I've heard that some part of stay in Canada with Post graduate work permit is also counted.
I am a permanent resident since a year exactly, and I have lived more than two years in Canada as a worker with PGWP.
How to check whether I am eligible or no, and when can I be available.
Please reply,
Thank you

aderfi

Aug 30, 2016
RamMur said:
I have noticed from the posts, it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive the AOR from the date the application delivered. My app was delivered to CIC on 29th Aug. I did not get the AOR so far. From one of the posts, I could see AOR has been received for App delivered on 18th Aug.

Has any one received AORs for Application delivered after 18th Aug?
My application was mailed on aug 15, delivered on aug 19 and I'm still waiting for the AOR. PATIENCE IS THE KEY!

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Red1992 said:
Hi there, can anybody help me in determining m eligibility to apply for citizenship.
I've heard that some part of stay in Canada with Post graduate work permit is also counted.
I am a permanent resident since a year exactly, and I have lived more than two years in Canada as a worker with PGWP.
How to check whether I am eligible or no, and when can I be available.
Please reply,
Thank you
As of now per PR time is not counted. Current rule is 4 years (1460 days) in the last 6 years. So under the current law you would be eligible to apply in 3 years. The law might change this year or next year to 3 years and maybe pre PR time counted again.

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
I have applied for citizenship on August 26, 2016 and the application was received by IRCC on August 29th, but I haven't yet received the AOR, is this normal or should I call IRCC to follow up on my application?
I realize some applicants are receiving their AOR's in less than 2 weeks!
Please advise.
Thanks

Dsc

Aug 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tapak said:
Our application is in-process!

Here is my time line:

App Mailed - August 16, 2016
App Delivered - August 18, 2016
AOR Received - September 01, 2016
In Process - September 09, 2016 :)
Cit Test invite - September XX,2016
Cit Test taken - October XX, 2016
Oath Take - November XX, 2016

Awesome! Ours was in process for a couple weeks then we got test invite. Now we're at decision made. Hopefully it goes quickly for you guys and everyone else too!!! :)

homecanda

Nov 16, 2015
Hi Everyone,
Does the ecas get updated about the test date? Has anyone received the test date for the august application?
Thanks

cisco316

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
homecanda said:
Hi Everyone,
Does the ecas get updated about the test date? Has anyone received the test date for the august application?
Thanks
so far nope... i think for august applicant its too early ..

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FR said:
I have applied for citizenship on August 26, 2016 and the application was received by IRCC on August 29th, but I haven't yet received the AOR, is this normal or should I call IRCC to follow up on my application?
Please advise.
Thanks
It can take up to a month+ to receive AOR. I think waiting for at least a month before calling would be advisable.

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FR said:
Please advise.
Thanks
FR
Mine was delivered on Aug 26th and I just received my AOR this morning via email. I believe you will receive your AOR this week or next week. Best wishes everyone!!

ainp2

Mar 1, 2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Congrats ainp2. Isn't that awesome that you just got AOR after you replied to my update? lol
Thanks Srinivas !! As of today, My ECAS is not active........ I think, they take 2-3 days