+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2015 Test Takers - Calgary

Malveros

Nov 6, 2015
Here is my timeline.

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 5, 2014.
• We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 21, 2015.
• We started processing your application on January 28, 2015.
• We sent you a notice on July 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 6, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Today marks the end of three months after taking the test and still waiting for Oath ? On ECAS it still shows "In Process". I would think that should have changed by now to "Decision Made" but it hasn't.

Called CIC and their standard reply is to wait until 6 months have passed before calling them again.

It's very confusing for me to understand that how come people who have applied for Citizenship after me and taken test after me are done with their oaths. Calgary office is not making sense.

I am a single applicant and could that be the reason of delay ?
By the way I scored 20/20 on my test.

Is there any point contacting your Local MP, getting an ATIP or doing an online case inquiry on cic webform or ask for an appointment at the local CIC office ?

Any Insight or Advice would be appreciated.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can order ATIP file. It's free and quite informative. MP's people will contact the call centre in Montreal and the same useless agents will reply that the file is being processed and will send a notice to the applicant in due course.

Malveros

Nov 6, 2015
Thanks Diplomatru,

I have requested ATIP as well as done a case specific enquiry online. I just feel it's a deliberate ploy by "you know who" to go slow on applications for people from certain countries. It doesn't make sense that people who have applied much later than u are getting their oath dates in November while there is zero movement on certain files. Hope my file didn't end up in the wrong pile or under a magnifying glass.

Cheers.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Malveros said:
Thanks Diplomatru,

I have requested ATIP as well as done a case specific enquiry online. I just feel it's a deliberate ploy by "you know who" to go slow on applications for people from certain countries. It doesn't make sense that people who have applied much later than u are getting their oath dates in November while there is zero movement on certain files. Hope my file didn't end up in the wrong pile or under a magnifying glass.

Cheers.
I hear you Malveros. They will clear all the backlog by March, 2016, but you should really expect your Oath this year. I am not sure there is any conspiracy involved, they are likely just prioritizing applications submitted after SCCA came into effect to meet service delivery targets.

Malveros

Nov 6, 2015
Got my oath letter today in the mail for 11th-Dec. One thing is for sure that online ECAS can't be trusted as it still shows "In Process" without any Oath update online. If it changes to "Decision Made" by my actual oath day I will update it here for knowledge sharing. I wish everyone good luck and patience for waiting for their Test / Oath dates. Goodbye everyone.