We have finally heard word from CPC - Ottawa, seen below:

====================

Date: January 4, 2016

(my name)

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application: xxxxxxxxxx
Email: (my email)

Dear (my name):

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø (UCI #) - (my name):

Ø Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409: Submit a signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures. The form can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf. This must be received at this office by: 2016/02/18

Please note:

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal and/or delay of your application.

Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.

We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you send mail by courier to our office and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/ information.

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s) within the timeframe given, you must notify our office before the due date ­and you must provide an explanation as to why you are unable to submit the documents within the given timeframe.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa

=====================

We did not provide this documentation because of what the check list described it as:

Original of completed Statutory Decloration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409), if you have a co-signer and he or she is your common-law partner.

Since there is no co-signer involved why do we need to provide this documentation? There has been no mention of a co-signer within any part of the application, so why are they asking for this?

EDIT: Also in the instruction guide it states the following:

This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application.

Baffled, again

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
Wow seriously what's going on.. Now outland processing times were changed again. Now to 26 months? I hope this is a mistake or a glitch.. :eek: GOD help us..

mstrepho

Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2015
AOR Received.
October 9, 2015
File Transfer...
October 27, 2015 Decision Made- April 3, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 16, 2015
Passport Req..
March 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2016
26 months for spouse living outside canada. what happened with faster reunification?

ratedk8

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
WINNIPEG
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2015
AOR Received.
AOR2 Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Passport Req..
March 30, 2016, DM April 10
VISA ISSUED...
April 15, 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
yes. it's 26 months :(

charlem

Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mstrepho said:
26 months for spouse living outside canada. what happened with faster reunification?
No kidding!!! What happened to the promise of the New PM???

ratedk8

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
WINNIPEG
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2015
AOR Received.
AOR2 Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 15, 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Jbodden said:
Wow seriously what's going on.. Now outland processing times were changed again. Now to 26 months? I hope this is a mistake or a glitch.. :eek: GOD help us..
i hope it's only a mistake

charlem

Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would be happy if they change it to 2-6 months processing time... ;D

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
We planned on surviving on one income for 6-8 months..we just came back to Canada a few months ago. This is terrible news and I really hope that 26 months is a place filler while they finish updating the website.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
iiiEllie said:
We planned on surviving on one income for 6-8 months..we just came back to Canada a few months ago. This is terrible news and I really hope that 26 months is a place filler while they finish updating the website.
Don't worry. That figure is totally inaccurate. I think that they took the one of the longest processing times and stuck it up there.

Lookhout

Sep 1, 2015
Baffled said:

====================

(my name)

Dear (my name):

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø (UCI #) - (my name):

Ø Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409: Submit a signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures. The form can be found here: ww.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf. This must be received at this office by: 2016/02/18

Please note:

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal and/or delay of your application.

Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.

We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you send mail by courier to our office and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/ information.

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s) within the timeframe given, you must notify our office before the due date ­and you must provide an explanation as to why you are unable to submit the documents within the given timeframe.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa

=====================

We did not provide this documentation because of what the check list described it as:

Original of completed Statutory Decloration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409), if you have a co-signer and he or she is your common-law partner.

Since there is no co-signer involved why do we need to provide this documentation? There has been no mention of a co-signer within any part of the application, so why are they asking for this?

EDIT: Also in the instruction guide it states the following:

This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application.

Baffled, again
Sorry I do not have an answer for you, I am equally confused.
When we submitted our application I hummed and hawed a long time on whether to submit it as well. We chose not to submit it as it does clearly(-ish) state that it is required it the common law is the co-signer. Of course, after we mailed our package in I read some people were requested to complete it, but others not. We are currently sitting at Stage 2 'In process" (London office), patiently waiting for a similar request, hoping it does not come as my partner has returned to the UK to find some work.
So long story short- You are not alone, many other people have been requested to complete the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409). I am apart of many forums, FB pages.. you name it, and I have not come across a straight answer for this one yet.
Sorry I could not be more help!

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Baffled said:

====================

(my name)

Dear (my name):

Ø (UCI #) - (my name):

Ø Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409: Submit a signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures. The form can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf. This must be received at this office by: 2016/02/18

I wonder if they didn't feel that you didn't send in enough documentation to prove your Common Law status? Do you feel that you sent in enough proof? I agree that this form didn't need to be sent originally according to the check list and info on the CIC website, but maybe now they feel as if they need it.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
To all future applicants doing common-law, I would recommend adding that form even though it doesn't really say it requires it. It is an easy extra bit of evidence to help prove common-law.

ratedk8

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
WINNIPEG
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2015
AOR Received.
AOR2 Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 15, 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
it's back to 18 months processing time

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
Has any August applicants ordered their GCMS notes? I wonder if it's still too early to? I know some August applicants and some September ones have received their COPR. Ottawa VO seems to be a bit slower.

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
carr1 said:
Has any August applicants ordered their GCMS notes? I wonder if it's still too early to? I know some August applicants and some September ones have received their COPR. Ottawa VO seems to be a bit slower.
We were going to order notes but decided to give it another month since we were late August.