+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

toonca

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Did you sign the media release form at the registration desk before the ceremony, or at home prior?
I signed it at home and dated as the day of oath.
You have to sign it, as the officer asked you to queue and hold your pr card, notice letter, signed form and landing paper in that order, to be checked and enter the oath room.

toonca

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
summer2014 said:
Congrats! You received oath letter so fast! Was Ecas updated right after you received letter?
My test was on Mar 26. And i moved to new place this week, i updated my mailing address just few days ago. Im worried that the oath may go to the previous place.
My oath notice was mailed out on the second day after the test.
The eCAS was last updated in Nov 2014, showing in process, no email, no update, and I did not bother myself to contact the call center.
Actually I changed my mailing address the night before the test as no one at home for two weeks.It said to be done in 15 business days and I was quite disappointed. But it was in effect 3 days later when I checked the eCAS and my notice of oath got to my temp mailing address just in time.
I suggest you contact the call center regarding your new address and check if there is any postal mail before it into effect. Good luck

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
toonca said:
My oath notice was mailed out on the second day after the test.
The eCAS was last updated in Nov 2014, showing in process, no email, no update, and I did not bother myself to contact the call center.
Actually I changed my mailing address the night before the test as no one at home for two weeks.It said to be done in 15 business days and I was quite disappointed. But it was in effect 3 days later when I checked the eCAS and my notice of oath got to my temp mailing address just in time.
I suggest you contact the call center regarding your new address and check if there is any postal mail before it into effect. Good luck
Ok, thank u so much for your reply. I will call
CIC then.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCas was just updated this morning. Oath on April 28th. I have not received the letter yet though. As you can see in my signature, for me it took 8 months from my the date I sent my application to get my oath. It definitely seems like Vancouver office is speeding up the processing time.

Good luck everyone!

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
My eCas was just updated this morning. Oath on April 28th. I have not received the letter yet though. As you can see in my signature, for me it took 8 months from my the date I sent my application to get my oath. It definitely seems like Vancouver office is speeding up the processing time.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats !

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
OP_POP said:

Good luck everyone!
Congrats OP_POP!!!

I almost forgot to check my e-Cas till you said...

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Montreal, Montreal why did I ever go back to this city. My file has been there for 4 months with no action or answer or nothing. Getting stressed seeing people who got RQ and still got their test and some their oath, while CIC agents are telling me ur file looks good and wait time is 24 months.

Sarahqse

Jul 21, 2014
noor-blue83 said:
Montreal, Montreal why did I ever go back to this city. My file has been there for 4 months with no action or answer or nothing. Getting stressed seeing people who got RQ and still got their test and some their oath, while CIC agents are telling me ur file looks good and wait time is 24 months.
I m Montreal application from July and still waiting for test letter. My file was transferred in December??!! ???

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
My wife finally received the test invitation from Montreal office. Her file was received on September 2nd. It also states that if she passes the test, she will have the oath at the same day.

SK_NKR

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally!!! ;D My wife and 2 minor children file got transferred to local office (Saskatoon) on 6th March 2015. The ECAS still does not reflect this (from the other posts on the forum I understand that ECAS is not very reliable), my wife called the CIC today and the agent informed her that on the system it shows that the file was received at Saskatoon on 6th March :)

Reading the Saskatchewan posts, it looks as the Saskatoon office is moving faster then before 2015 so I am hopeful that by end of 2015, their case will come to a successful and happy conclusion ;)

canadian_J

May 13, 2010
Very frustrating....

I did my test in Feb 2015 in Kitchener and haven't received oath letter yet... What the heck is going on....???

Submitted by application in Aug 2014

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadian_J said:
Very frustrating....

I did my test in Feb 2015 in Kitchener and haven't received oath letter yet... What the heck is going on....???

Submitted by application in Aug 2014
I did my test in October 2013 and still waiting.