+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

ramahi98

Mar 30, 2015
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news for today, I just checked my ecas and here what I found:-

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 5, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on October 23, 2014.

4. We sent you a notice on February 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 3, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on April 7, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 27, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

canadian_J

May 13, 2010
I took my test on Feb 6th in Kitchener and still waiting for Oath invitation. No eCAS update still :( I sent my application on Aug 21st 2014

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Any Aug 1st or first week applicants from Montreal that still did not get any test invite.
I donot know whats going on my ecas it said my file ws transferred to montreal Dec 17 and nothing. For the Love of God even people who got RQ got their test and some are done.
Any one in the same boat as me

arena

Dec 23, 2014
noor-blue83 said:
Any Aug 1st or first week applicants from Montreal that still did not get any test invite.
I donot know whats going on my ecas it said my file ws transferred to montreal Dec 17 and nothing. For the Love of God even people who got RQ got their test and some are done.
Me, we have the exact same timeline.

Chaserho

Mar 21, 2012
Hello everyone, I would love to share my timeline of my Citizenship application. After I received the letter( 2nd, April ) for requesting the additional documents( Fingerprint ) and I have done that on 4th April. Currently waiting on the test. ??? ???

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 20, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 12, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 4, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a letter on March 31, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 28, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 13, 2015.

We sent you a letter on February 4, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on February 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on April 8, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you.

Logout

FINALLY my file has been transferred!!

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
noor-blue83 said:
These people don't care and seems to be processing applications randomly although they claimed that its case-by-case. Remember there are way many whose file been transferred way long before yours and are still waiting. I really don't know what to call their system. Its bitterly messed up.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
DAN11 said:
These people don't care and seems to be processing applications randomly although they claimed that its case-by-case. Remember there are way many whose file been transferred way long before yours and are still waiting. I really don't know what to call their systems. Its bitterly messed up.
I agree, its frustrating but nothing can be done

toonca

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Done.
Ready to apply for Canadian passport. The PR card was taken back, can not go abroad and return Canada without a new passport.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
toonca said:
Done.
Ready to apply for Canadian passport. The PR card was taken back, can not go abroad and return Canada without a new passport.
Did you sign the media release form at the registration desk before the ceremony, or at home prior?

Apr 14, 2015
I updated on the Alberta thread but thought I would do so here as well since I am a August applicant. My husband and I took the test yesterday. CIC came to our town and office was Calgary. We do the oath on Friday so no waiting even which is great. Test was fine and I highly recommend doing practice tests along with the study guide. Application: August 12 2014. AOR: Oct 2014
Fingerprint request from CIC Calgary for my husband : Feb 2014. Test notice: end of March 2014. Test: April 14 2014 (oath date was also included in notice for April 17,2014 as long as paperwork was in order and you pass test). They gave us an additional notice once we were notified that we passed for the oath. So from application to oath around 8 months time. After reading so many posts on here re: CIC in Alberta and how slow they are with processing I was not expecting a test date so soon but was very grateful and happy to have it done! Hopefully things are getting faster here. I posted this on the other thread and will do so here as well. The officer really studied my absence calculator page on my application and matched every absence with the stamps on my passport. I was not asked anything but she looked at every single page of my passport. So if you have traveled make sure everything is matched up perfect. I did not obtain a CBSA report or anything and I did not see her looking or comparing with one but she did very carefully look and compare my application to the passport stamps. Overall my experience was good. Best wishes to all still waiting or going through the process!

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Hi Guys
I need some help. For the ATIP should I order the privacy act or information Act. Also should I choose the elctronic notes or physical file

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
toonca said:
Done.
Congrats! You received oath letter so fast! Was Ecas updated right after you received letter?
My test was on Mar 26. And i moved to new place this week, i updated my mailing address just few days ago. Im worried that the oath may go to the previous place.