+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

maxygirl

Nov 8, 2014
canadian_J said:
I have been following this thread lately and wanted to update my timelines

Application sent - Aug 21st 2014
Test completed - Feb 6th 2015 (Kitchener office)
Oath - Still waiting

eCAS still shows "In process" with information about my test request. Will eCAS update when OATH letter is mailed??? Does it take this long to get an oath invitation?
I am kind of wondering the same. It is now exactly a month since I took and passed the test - and no mail or electronic update. I am from London. They did say to expect the invitation in 4-10 weeks though so I guess I don't have a right to complain just yet.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maxygirl said:
I am kind of wondering the same. It is now exactly a month since I took and passed the test - and no mail or electronic update. I am from London. They did say to expect the invitation in 4-10 weeks though so I guess I don't have a right to complain just yet.
When did you write the test exactly? I'm from Sarnia and took the test pretty recently on Mar 5, 2015 @ London. But I was told that the next available oath ceremony is not till 8-10 weeks and I would get a regular mail for oath invite 2 weeks prior to oath date.

If we believe in latest info; there won't be any oath @ London before May. In your case, you may have to wait 10 weeks then. FYI, the last oath that took place in London office was on Mar 4, 2015.

canadian_J

May 13, 2010
I took my test exactly a month before on Feb 6th in Kitchener office and still waiting for Oath....Anyone else here in this thread share similar timelines????

Saif1587

Oct 8, 2009
App sent=> Aug. 25 (from Toronto,family application of 3)
App recvd=>Aug 29
Processing => Oct 29th
AOR letter Booklet received: 25-Nov-14
Trans. from Ott. to Scarborough office=> don't know
Test and Interview: 18-Mar-15 (letter received on 9th March)
Test and Interview: Done

Good experience in Scarborough Office. Have about 8 trips out of Canada( mostly US) in between. The officer had my CBSA report and was satisfied with the dates that I have provided. He mentioned that.

Now will be waiting for Oath date.
Cheers!

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all who have done the test.

Ottawa office is too slow. I am really frustrated and disappointed seeing the August applicants taking their test and oaths and i am still waiting. Below is my time line. please tell me if it is normal or not.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 29, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on December 31, 2014. The Ottawa office will contact you.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tamara_ said:
Congratulations to all who have done the test.

Ottawa office is too slow. I am really frustrated and disappointed seeing the August applicants taking their test and oaths and i am still waiting. Below is my time line. please tell me if it is normal or not.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 29, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on December 31, 2014. The Ottawa office will contact you.

So Many, i mean so many are in similar situation and even their files been transferred long before you and they still waiting - So many applied long after you and are getting through long before you.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, test done today at Montreal.

No problems at interview.

Waiting time to oath »» 3 to 6 month (they said they are overloaded)

Good luck !

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Hi, test done today at Montreal.

No problems at interview.

Waiting time to oath »» 3 to 6 month (they said they are overloaded)

Good luck !
Congrats Buddy. Great news of course. Can you please elaborate more about the interview? Did they inform you if they finished reviewing your RQ response? Thanks.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Congrats Buddy. Great news of course. Can you please elaborate more about the interview? Did they inform you if they finished reviewing your RQ response? Thanks.
My wife went before me, the official asked some questions to her and she asked the same questions to me (about the vacations and our son).

The official didn't check my passports, just asked me to show some certificates for my french studies.

She said that she check the RQ response and everything was ok for her but another person will take the decision, it shouldn't be any problem she said.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
My wife went before me, the official asked some questions to her and she asked the same questions to me (about the vacations and our son).

The official didn't check my passports, just asked me to show some certificates for my french studies.

She said that she check the RQ response and everything was ok for her but another person will take the decision, it shouldn't be any problem she said.
Thanks Zumba and wish you all the best for your next step ( Oath). This gives me some hope of fast process of RQ.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had 22 trips, 18 to the us, and the officer let me off in 5 minutes.

It looks like they really do their homework before meeting us.

Saif1587 said:
App sent=> Aug. 25 (from Toronto,family application of 3)
App recvd=>Aug 29
Processing => Oct 29th
AOR letter Booklet received: 25-Nov-14
Trans. from Ott. to Scarborough office=> don't know
Test and Interview: 18-Mar-15 (letter received on 9th March)
Test and Interview: Done

Good experience in Scarborough Office. Have about 8 trips out of Canada( mostly US) in between. The officer had my CBSA report and was satisfied with the dates that I have provided. He mentioned that.

Now will be waiting for Oath date.
Cheers!

maxygirl

Nov 8, 2014
Rossei said:
When did you write the test exactly? I'm from Sarnia and took the test pretty recently on Mar 5, 2015 @ London. But I was told that the next available oath ceremony is not till 8-10 weeks and I would get a regular mail for oath invite 2 weeks prior to oath date.

If we believe in latest info; there won't be any oath @ London before May. In your case, you may have to wait 10 weeks then. FYI, the last oath that took place in London office was on Mar 4, 2015.
I took the test on Feb 17. Officer said oath-taking likely to be in April. I tried to search for an oath-taking date in April on the CIC website - I found none so you might be right.