+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saif1587 said:
Yap, its still the same. I just called and they told that they cant reschedule it. they can only make a note against my application saying that I am not appearing. Then I would have contact local office to get a new date.

I have decided not to reschedule. we will fly back from Orlando to appear the exam, and then fly back on the same date! more money :(
Good choice !

Does the invitation say something about the oath? If you take the oath the same day, you have to surrender your PR card and you won't be able to return to Canada by air (after going to Orlando that same day). Just keep that in mind.

gee8mail

Aug 19, 2014
I completed my test today and PASSED. Also had my interview...
Since I have multiple trips to USA and there was NO Entry/Exit stamping on the passport. The office said, he has to request for my "Entry History from CBSE".

Do anyone now how long with it take this process?

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saif1587 said:
Yap, its still the same. I just called and they told that they cant reschedule it. they can only make a note against my application saying that I am not appearing. Then I would have contact local office to get a new date.

I have decided not to reschedule. we will fly back from Orlando to appear the exam, and then fly back on the same date! more money :(
Don't take me negatively, just a suggestion. If I were at your place, I would delay the vacation for a while. With flights these days you never know, they get delayed a lot. If something like that happened, you will waste money plus loose ur chance in appearing for test.

Better choose wisely now, then regretting later.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gee8mail said:
I completed my test today and PASSED. Also had my interview...
Since I have multiple trips to USA and there was NO Entry/Exit stamping on the passport. The office said, he has to request for my "Entry History from CBSE".

Do anyone now how long with it take this process?
It took me exactly one month.

Good luck !

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally some more movement. Test on March 21st. Letter received today dated March 9th.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
Finally some more movement. Test on March 21st. Letter received today dated March 9th.
What a relief, at least I have seen another scheduled for Saturday, March 21st.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi,
Van_City_APP,
You are right. I am also waiting for my oath talking at local office Vancouver after the test. Here is my time line just to help you.

Application April 22, 2014.

started processing June 27, 2014.

citizenship test February 19, 2015

Oath taking: ? ? ? ?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hi,
Van_City_APP,
You are right. I am also waiting for my oath talking at local office Vancouver after the test. Here is my time line just to help you.

Application April 22, 2014.

started processing June 27, 2014.

citizenship test February 19, 2015

Oath taking: ? ? ? ?
What's wrong with you? Why do you keep replying to all threads with your stupid reply? You are obviously not an August applicant!

luigi60

Jul 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
1. Seniors do not have to write the test but have to show up at the scehduled venue. While others are taking test, you will be directed to a different room (seperate from test room) to have a little chat with a CO and review of original documents (personal identification, immigration documents, etc.) submitted with your application and passport and/or travel documents etc.

2. Not a problem, if no residency concerns.
Thank you for your answer, it was very helpful. I have my interview/document review scheduled this week, but my E-cas showing still In process... Not showing even the fingerprint request what I did almost 1 month ago. Somebody in the same situation?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luigi60 said:
Thank you for your answer, it was very helpful. I have my interview/document review scheduled this week, but my E-cas showing still In process... Not showing even the fingerprint request what I did almost 1 month ago. Somebody in the same situation?
Absolutely normal. Ecas is pretty slow in getting updated.
Congrats.

OhCanada2015

Jan 30, 2015
Make sure to send your local office a registered letter explaining your situation and attach your travel itinerary and request a re-schedule.

Takes 1-2 months depending on the local office and you may have to follow up with the CIC call center just to make sure they are aware of it.

Saif1587 said:
App sent=> Aug. 25 (from Toronto,family application of 3)
App recvd=>Aug 29
Processing => Oct 29th
AOR letter Booklet received: 25-Nov-14
Trans. from Ott. to Scarborough office=> don't know
Test and Interview: 18-Mar-15 (letter received on 9th March)

My Ecas is still showing processing.
I will not be able take the exam on 18-March as I have plan to go to Orlando on march break. Anybody have experience changing the exam date? An school of thoughts guys?

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tried CIS call center 3-4 times this week and it wouldn't connect me to a Rep due to 'high call volumes'. Have they deactivated the call-in facility? Anyone else experience the same? I wanted to check status as I heard nothing since the file transfer to Mississauga in December. Seems like a long delay. Any suggestions regarding alternate follow-up methods (other than checking the website)?

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple_Star said:
Tried CIS call center 3-4 times this week and it wouldn't connect me to a Rep due to 'high call volumes'. Have they deactivated the call-in facility? Anyone else experience the same? I wanted to check status as I heard nothing since the file transfer to Mississauga in December. Seems like a long delay. Any suggestions regarding alternate follow-up methods (other than checking the website)?
Hi, I talked to a Rep on Tuesday without problems (10 minutes waiting).

I was lucky I think.

Saif1587

Oct 8, 2009
OhCanada2015 said:
Make sure to send your local office a registered letter explaining your situation and attach your travel itinerary and request a re-schedule.

Takes 1-2 months depending on the local office and you may have to follow up with the CIC call center just to make sure they are aware of it.
I have postponed my vacation one week later. Costed lot of money to change the flight,hotel and Disney tickets but eventually decided not to try my luck with CIC! Anyway thanks guys for your valuable inputs.

Anybody have links to legitimate mock tests?

canadian_J

May 13, 2010
I have been following this thread lately and wanted to update my timelines

Application sent - Aug 21st 2014
Test completed - Feb 6th 2015 (Kitchener office)
Oath - Still waiting

eCAS still shows "In process" with information about my test request. Will eCAS update when OATH letter is mailed??? Does it take this long to get an oath invitation?