August 2014 Citizenship Applications

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
I had to call them with my receipt & tracking # for them to look for my application as the date they are opening has passed my date of receipt and days after my application was loaded on the site. They kept on telling me maybe your application was return. I had to tell them I know how the process works. If your application is not return for at least 3 weeks after received by CIC it means its good to go. There is a team that opens all applications to make sure everything you sent is correct otherwise it will be returned to you in like 3 wks. If I had not done that I maybe here still waiting. There is no need for persons to re-send their application. I saw a case where someone re-send their application and later received AOR for the first application.
Yes, I understand your feelings exactly, they have been known to give inaccurate information from time to time. This I believe is due to the fact that things are not in place as they should be, i.e. relevant and up to date information is not readily made available to agents, along with negligence and poor work ethics on the agents part (this seems like common practice).
The reality is that the words of the agents must be taken with a grain of salt while applying personal observation at all times.

However, on a more positive note, if indeed your files have been accepted your respective local offices, then you guys should hear something soon... Fingers crossed.

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC yesterday. The file was transferred to Mississauga on Dec 16, apparently all is in order and awaiting test schedule. I was actually expecting an RQ but seems clear, touch wood.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
If I may ask, why were you expecting RQ?

Thanks

Maple_Star said:
Called CIC yesterday. The file was transferred to Mississauga on Dec 16, apparently all is in order and awaiting test schedule. I was actually expecting an RQ but seems clear, touch wood.

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
If I may ask, why were you expecting RQ?
....due to the general stigma associated with Middle East applicants in general, UAE in particular. Bunch of travel stamps in my passport although I traveled out of Canada only a 4-5 times after becoming a landed immigrant. Despite an impeccable documentation and proof of credible / continuous residence status in Canada, one can always get stumped. However, I do see that instances of mindless RQ are beginning to drop if this forum is anything to go by.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple_Star said:
....due to the general stigma associated with Middle East applicants in general, UAE in particular. Bunch of travel stamps in my passport although I traveled out of Canada only a 4-5 times after becoming a landed immigrant. Despite an impeccable documentation and proof of credible / continuous residence status in Canada, one can always get stumped. However, I do see that instances of mindless RQ are beginning to drop if this forum is anything to go by.
QA seems to have passed its significant issuances since half a year ago and plus CIC is now implementing this "new rules", I believe CIC is focusing more on the promise of "reducing processing time for citizenship applications" in order to give a hit on the coming election.

Nov 26, 2014
Has any August 2014 applicant from Edmonton gotten a test invite?

I applied for my Citizenship in August 2014 and requested for Urgent Processing due to a job offer from a local firm who can only hire citizens due to classified projects with the Government.
The companies lawyers provided affidavit letters of employment offers, and also stated that they too support my request for urgent processing. All letters were sealed and corporate stamped by the lawyers of the company.

Sydney initially flagged my application as urgent, but when it finally reached the Edmonton office around December 2014, the local staff decided to un-urgent it... No idea why.
I called the CIC Call Center, got an agent who refused to believe there was even an urgent procedure until I showed him the website. I am very very ticked off about this. I would expect adequate training before an agent is allowed to answer phones and give out false information.

Anyways, tried to get hold of someone in the Edmonton office to see why my application was marked un-urgent even though Sydney thought I provided all the applicable documents and proof needed for it to be urgent. Turns out no way to speak to anyone in Edmonton other than by faxing in a letter. So I faxed in a letter, so did the lawyers of the firm who offered me the job. Been two weeks now, no response or update to my file. Now I'm in a bind as the firm who offered me the job opportunity is saying they may not be able to wait any longer and might interview and hire someone else. I don't blame them. But its no good for me in this weak Albertan economy as I'm specialized and finding another job in my field is difficult.

Apparently in terms of slowest application processing times, this is the order: Edmonton<Calgary<Vancouver<Rest_of_Canada.
My friend here in Edmonton has had his application In Process for 5 years now. I hope I'm not in the same boat...

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
whatchamamacallit said:
Has any August 2014 applicant from Edmonton gotten a test invite?

I applied for my Citizenship in August 2014 and requested for Urgent Processing due to a job offer from a local firm who can only hire citizens due to classified projects with the Government.
The companies lawyers provided affidavit letters of employment offers, and also stated that they too support my request for urgent processing. All letters were sealed and corporate stamped by the lawyers of the company.

Sydney initially flagged my application as urgent, but when it finally reached the Edmonton office around December 2014, the local staff decided to un-urgent it... No idea why.
I called the CIC Call Center, got an agent who refused to believe there was even an urgent procedure until I showed him the website. I am very very ticked off about this. I would expect adequate training before an agent is allowed to answer phones and give out false information.

Anyways, tried to get hold of someone in the Edmonton office to see why my application was marked un-urgent even though Sydney thought I provided all the applicable documents and proof needed for it to be urgent. Turns out no way to speak to anyone in Edmonton other than by faxing in a letter. So I faxed in a letter, so did the lawyers of the firm who offered me the job. Been two weeks now, no response or update to my file. Now I'm in a bind as the firm who offered me the job opportunity is saying they may not be able to wait any longer and might interview and hire someone else. I don't blame them. But its no good for me in this weak Albertan economy as I'm specialized and finding another job in my field is difficult.

Apparently in terms of slowest application processing times, this is the order: Edmonton<Calgary<Vancouver<Rest_of_Canada.
My friend here in Edmonton has had his application In Process for 5 years now. I hope I'm not in the same boat...
Did you get hire? Still offered the job?

Nov 26, 2014
era1521 said:
Did you get hire? Still offered the job?
Yes I was offered the job, but cannot be hired until I possess a valid Canadian Citizenship.
Therefore the lawyers of the firm wanting to hire me have supported me and provided letters of request for Urgent Processing too (which I included in my initial application and faxed in two weeks ago as well).

But now they are saying they cannot wait indefinitely, and at some point will make the decision to interview other candidates and hire someone else if need be.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
whatchamamacallit said:
Yes I was offered the job, but cannot be hired until I possess a valid Canadian Citizenship.
Therefore the lawyers of the firm wanting to hire me have supported me and provided letters of request for Urgent Processing too (which I included in my initial application and faxed in two weeks ago as well).

But now they are saying they cannot wait indefinitely, and at some point will make the decision to interview other candidates and hire someone else if need be.
yeah, thats too bad.

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally call centre confirmed that my oath ceremony is on March 06, 2015 and I will be recieving a letter soon.

dasm2014

Aug 5, 2014
goodman36 said:
Congrats !!!

Would you please share your experience of the Test and Interview, please?
It was a very short interview, asked about work and checked only passport & PR card and handed over oath letter. All it took less than 10 minutes.