+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
akheya said:
Really? as student? coz thats whats confusing me. I mean i came as a student not intent to live here as a resident. Unless thats not what they are asking as a resident or not resident.
That what they mean. It what I wrote in my application and I had a lwayer fill mine.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
akheya said:
I came to canada on student permit in aug 2000. i got my PR on oct 14 2008.
I stayed in canada for a month or so and left for home country on nov 20 2008, and came back april 2011.

so my question in citizenship forms is

6a Date you became permanent resident(landed immigrant)? - OCT 14 2008
6B When did you first come to canada to live if different from A? - I dont know which date am i suppose to put here.

Hope this helps
6B When did you first come to canada to live if different from A?

Aug 2000, the date you entered on student permit.

Really? as student? coz thats whats confusing me...

If your student status is what confuses you, please understand you resided, paid rent, worked (if work permit allowed) and paid taxes too, here. So that is what basically all Canadians do, and that made you "live" in Canada too.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That makes sense.. i just didnt want to put any wrong dates in there. Thank u soo much.

I have 2 other question as well.

1)when i got my PR in 2008 i had to go IELTS, even though i went college here and everything. Now for citizenship they need proof of language, i cant seem to find my IELTS results, but i do my degree. Can i just make a copy of that and send it or do i also need transcripts or something, coz they take atleast 3-4 weeks to get i assume. Any suggestions.

2) They have asked if i have another countries permanent residency, which i do for UAE, i was born there so i have always had it under dads sponsorship. It does expire every 2 yrs and i renew it. So what date should i put for that. Also is that going to be a problem do have PR or another county still valid?

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1) Canadian university, the transcript and diploma/degree should be enough. A copy of diploma (or degree or transcripts) from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion will be sufficient but my suggestion is to submit the transcript also to avoid risk of return, if you are in doubt.

Note: Diploma for short term courses earned in Canada are not acceptable as proof of English language proficiency.

2) Date you got your UAE residency for the first time. For the second part of the question what I can only say (by observing different posts here and my own personal experiences) is, it may not be a problem as such, but having a UAE work visa valid/expired is definitely not a good thing to have with a citizenship application. Many posts here attest that it wasn't a smooth experience. Your case may be different as dependent though. I wish you all the best.

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:
2) They have asked if i have another countries permanent residency, which i do for UAE, i was born there so i have always had it under dads sponsorship. It does expire every 2 yrs and i renew it. So what date should i put for that. Also is that going to be a problem do have PR or another county still valid?
Although it is understandable why you decided to keep PR/sponsorship from UAE, the experience of people who kept dual residence has been somewhat challenging with respect to CIC. Something you need to work on and get your duck in row.

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone of you ordered CBSA report? While ordering CBSA report, I have two options, use "privacy act" or "access to information"; which one should I choose for citizenship application? Would both give me the same report?

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slm.tbt said:
Has anyone of you ordered CBSA report? While ordering CBSA report, I have two options, use "privacy act" or "access to information"; which one should I choose for citizenship application? Would both give me the same report?
I am planning to submit this week. I have read in a separate thread that using Privacy Act will expedite the process by 50% (1 month instead of 2...just quoting what I saw).

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, this is my ECAS

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 15, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 14, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 28, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

Any ideas why I have 2 lines for the file transfer? I got RQed, maybe that's the cause.

Any thoughts ?

TRM2011

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
04-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
Hi Guys...

Here is my timeline:

Application received by CIC - March 6, 2014
Started Processing - April 23, 2014
Transferred to Local office (Mississauga) - August 2014
Test date - January 30, 2015 (letter dated January 6, 2015)
Oath date - February 6, 2015

When I wrote my test in Mississauga, there were people who had applied in August 2014 who wrote the test with me. After the test, almost all of the people who wrote the test got an oath letter for the same ceremony. It was quite dramatic as to how the CIC staff revealed this news to us. The test was super easy and the CIC staff are quite nice.

For the interview, I was asked about my travel (I have quite a bit of travel due to work and family), about my general background, about my family, about all the places I have lived in my life. Since I have a lot of travel, the interviewer had to spend some time to match all the stamps to all the absences as per my application form. I had sent in some extra paperwork due to the absences and tried to make it as clear as possible in my application.

Good luck people!

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
slm.tbt said:
Both are same information, i.e. two different Acts which give you right to access same information but used on different situations.

1) Under Privacy Act, it is free and can be used for getting information on your own file only.

2) Under Access to Information Act, it costs $5 and grant you access to file of your own or others, if representing some one else with permission, like spouse etc..

Select Privacy Act, don't forget to indicate what information you are requesting and time period, in comment box at the end.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Donvalley said:
Both are same information, i.e. two different Acts which give you right to access same information but used on different situations.

1) Under Privacy Act, it is free and can be used for getting information on your own file only.

2) Under Access to Information Act, it costs $5 and grant you access to file of your own or others, if representing some one else with permission, like spouse etc..

Select Privacy Act, don't forget to indicate what information you are requesting and time period, in comment box at the end.

Hi ,

I am going to order my CBSA records very soon. I applied in September 2014 .Experts kindly advice which dates did you use for CBSA records ? Did you cover only the period from your landing date to the application date or till to date ?

I believe the relevant period is only till the application date , however what if one has any trips after the application and has got one or more stamps for that period in the passport. Is it going to create any problem (doubt in the mind of CO) at the time of test ?

Kindly advise .

Thanks

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Hi TRM2011, congratulations! I took my test/interview on that same date and got my oath as well (was in the room when the officer announced that we'd passed).

Had a similar experience overall...

All the best, here's to smooth sailing on Feb. 6th!

TRM2011 said:
Hi Guys...

Here is my timeline:

Application received by CIC - March 6, 2014
Started Processing - April 23, 2014
Transferred to Local office (Mississauga) - August 2014
Test date - January 30, 2015 (letter dated January 6, 2015)
Oath date - February 6, 2015

When I wrote my test in Mississauga, there were people who had applied in August 2014 who wrote the test with me. After the test, almost all of the people who wrote the test got an oath letter for the same ceremony. It was quite dramatic as to how the CIC staff revealed this news to us. The test was super easy and the CIC staff are quite nice.

For the interview, I was asked about my travel (I have quite a bit of travel due to work and family), about my general background, about my family, about all the places I have lived in my life. Since I have a lot of travel, the interviewer had to spend some time to match all the stamps to all the absences as per my application form. I had sent in some extra paperwork due to the absences and tried to make it as clear as possible in my application.

Good luck people!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Hi, this is my ECAS

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 15, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 14, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 28, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

Any ideas why I have 2 lines for the file transfer? I got RQed, maybe that's the cause.

Any thoughts ?
Hi Zumba369, your case looks very similar to mine and there is a gap of roughly a month in the timelines. Do you know when your RQ response was received by the CIC? So far, I have not seen any line added in my E-CAS (forget 2 lines). The last one that I have is "In process".

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:

Thanks Donvalley and Maple_star :)

Will order it for the four years prior to the day I became eligible in terms of physical presence, and the end date of today.

Thanks again guys, good info, great people :)

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi Zumba369, your case looks very similar to mine and there is a gap of roughly a month in the timelines. Do you know when your RQ response was received by the CIC? So far, I have not seen any line added in my E-CAS (forget 2 lines). The last one that I have is "In process".
Hi garian, it was received on January 20th.

Your file is moving faster than mine. I think you should receive invitation for test really soon.

Good luck !!