+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC and received info that the file was transferred to Mississauga on 16th December. What is the typical timeline from the file transfer date to
the next likely outcome (IE, a test call hopefully).

amy2008

Aug 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse and myself passed the test with 20/20. Test is simple but definitely tricky. Read the book 2x and online test practise did the trick. Interview went well, friendly conversation about our employment and asked about our trips outside of Canada. The guy was very polite and told us, he wud have given the oath letter, but they do not have the next scheduling as such and wud mail the letter.

Test was at 8:15 we got there by 7:30, test started at 8:20 and we exited the building by 9.

Wait for the Oath letter begins....

patientdog

Oct 2, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Did anyone who took test receive their Oath date? after being told that they needed to verify entry/exit. Please advise how long it took.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
patientdog said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Did anyone who took test receive their Oath date? after being told that they needed to verify entry/exit. Please advise how long it took.
Like everything else Scarborough office seems to do the followup call quite quickly within 2-3 days. See the following post.
Don't know where you are, it may vary depending on the local office and officer thou.

def_col_male said:
I did my test at Scarborough centre on 8th jan. and Chinese lady office told me the same thing that she would verify my entry exit. She suggested that it would take 2-3 days max. and she would call me after verifying. I am now waiting for my oath letter.

Also she called me the very next day and confirmed that my file was okay and I would receive my oath letter.

Hoping for the best now.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys for the prompt replies. Another question.

I Renewed my PR card in june 2014, will the paperwork for Citizenship be almost same?

When i initially got my PR i did my IELTS, however i cant seem to find my results to include it in my citizenship application. Do i need to? I have also completed university here. Do i need to include transcripts or something?

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
akheya said:
Thank you guys for the prompt replies. Another question.

I Renewed my PR card in june 2014, will the paperwork for Citizenship be almost same?

When i initially got my PR i did my IELTS, however i cant seem to find my results to include it in my citizenship application. Do i need to? I have also completed university here. Do i need to include transcripts or something?
1. More or less similar

2. Be careful here...double check what you submit matches the CIC instructions...a very common mistake many make & get their application returned by CIC is wrong language proof submission.

vodkatiger

Jan 5, 2015
passed test 20/20 at Mississauga office. Interviewer was going to verify my travel history through ICES within a week and would mail a letter within a month. Interview in general was really mediocre, she kept talking to herself and was validating my docs and application. That didn't make sense because I was hoping that they had already checked everything. anyways... now more waiting.

vodkatiger

Jan 5, 2015
patientdog said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Same story, I was told within a month.

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Hi vodkatiger,

Sorry to hear that it's more waiting for you. Did you have many trips that the interviewer unable to verify from stamps in your passport? I have my test/interview on Friday in Mississauga, so we'll see how that goes. Will post my experience here as well.

Cheers!

vodkatiger said:
passed test 20/20 at Mississauga office. Interviewer was going to verify my travel history through ICES within a week and would mail a letter within a month. Interview in general was really mediocre, she kept talking to herself and was validating my docs and application. That didn't make sense because I was hoping that they had already checked everything. anyways... now more waiting.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to fellow Augustians who have gotten progress thus far, it wont be much longer now before we start getting the bulk of test invites for February. :)

Small update of my own:

RCMP got fingerprints as requested through agency on Monday 26, January. I received the below email this morning.

Service was pretty swift took them only 24 hours to complete.

Good Morning,

In response to your request for a status update on a Civil Criminal Record verification for: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on: January 27, 2015 and the result has been sent to:

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA
CIC ST CLAIR
25 ST CLAIR AVENUE EAST, 2ND FLOOR
TORONTO ON M4T 1M2

NOTE:
CFSS processes more than 30,000 criminal record searches each month. The processing times for applications will vary depending on whether or not an individuals fingerprints can be associated to a criminal holding maintained by the RCMP. For those that are associated and or a manual review must take place, the process can take in excess of one hundred and twenty (120) days. For those that are not associated the processing time is significantly less. For further information on processing times please visit our website.

Service seems effective , praying CIC follows suit.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting update again,

Just got off the phone with CIC to advise them the requested fingerprints were submitted. The agent was kind enough to attempt to note my file and came back stating that they had already received the results on the 26th, and not the 27th as per RCMP! anyway 26th or 27th doesn't matter either way, what matters here is speed. :D
Agent also stated that all background checks were already completed. However since I had answered yes to having used another name in the past, even though that name is still part of my current name, the process requires that applicants finger prints be submitted in these cases .
(So much for trying to cross every T ) ::)

see example below

Current Name : JANE DOE-SMITH (Smith being spouse's Surname)
Maiden name : JANE DOE

Therefore, I did not need to fill the section of application that referred to having used another name including maiden name, since I still also currently use my maiden name, I would only need to fill that section if I was currently using the name JANE SMITH, so even though the background checks were already done using all my names that I currently use, according to CIC's policy, a test could not be scheduled before the submission of fingerprints, as this request should have been sent to me earlier in the process.

Also, I think someone else from another thread hinted at this before too, But when I went to get my prints taken at commissionaries, I was advised that a match does not necessarily have to be on a same name basis, when the criminal registers are checked if a similar date of birth and gender is matched to a sex offender a Finger print request is needed to rule out Criminality.

I know there are a lot of guessing surrounding these FPR's, but according to the lovely lady at CIC this was the issue in my case, and it may very well be for others especially female applicants.
Hope this sheds light or make the process a little easier for others in a similar position.

AugCitiApp

Dec 4, 2014
Hello,
An update for you guys. I got a call from CIC on Monday but I missed. They left me a message asking to call them back at.... I called 3 times in 3 days but nobody picked it up. So worried, I called CIC call centre this morning to figure out why they called me. The agent was unable to find anything strange in my file. It just says my file is in process in Sydney. Finally, this afternoon, they called me back and ask my about documentation for name change. I told them I dont have any. If they require it to make the change, then just proceed with my application, I won't need the name change anymore. The lady was very nice. She told me other than the name change, my application is completely fine and she will proceed with my original name. I guess my file will be transfer to the local office soon.

My timeline:
App received Aug 25
Confirmation by email: Nov 5
Jan 29: got a call (no idea when my app was put in process)
Local office: Kitchener

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Friday everyone ,

Another great day for some more good news!

Early August Applicants,
I suspect we will be hearing some good news for you guys very soon, February-March will be great months.

(I smell tests and oaths) ;)

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
latitudeofgratitude said:
Happy Friday everyone ,

Another great day for some more good news!

Early August Applicants,
I suspect we will be hearing some good news for you guys very soon, February-March will be great months.

(I smell tests and oaths) ;)
Thank you latitudeofgratitude, I hope it comes true. Its been a long wait especially with Sept. & Oct. applicants getting test dates. The email AOR is a curse.
Hopefully this gets done latest by May 2015.