+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calvados said:
I did but it was a while ago - end of 2009, timelines were different back then. Moved 2 months after the test, did not have an oath invitation at that point. Called CIC and changed the address, couple of months later got an invitation to the oath at the new address. I believe moving did delay the oath, but hard to say for how long.

FYI: citizenship timeline below is for my wife's citizenship. She passed the test today in Mississauga and got the invitation to the oath at the spot for 30 January. Very happy for her!
Your less than 5 month timeline is INSANT

salmonbait

Jan 21, 2015
OP_POP said:
I just called CIC to get an update on my case, the agent was again super helpful. He verified my information and checked my application status. He told me "Great news! Your test is on Feb 10th!!"
Nice! We're taking the test on the same day. My letter was dated Jan 12, and I got it in the mail on Jan 19th. Any updates with your letter's journey? :)

steven77 said:
We have almost the same timeline, still waiting for test invite. hope you good luck on test.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 21, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 21, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 11, 2014.
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

steven77 said:
We have the almost same timeline here, but I still waiting for test letter. Did you get the letter? please let me know,thanks.
another user in this forum name "salmonbait" reported he just got test letter and will have test on the sameday with you (Feb 10).

Good luck guys.
P.S. I'm not a he. :)

Also, when I check my application status online, it's not updated about the confirmation on sending the letter. The page was "last modified on 2014-11-04". I assume they don't really update this in real time, I guess?

Since this test day was MUCH earlier than I expected, I actually had to book a flight for Feb, as I've been on a short stint outside the country for a month. :'( :( :)
-----------
Vancouver
Submitted: Aug 1, 2014
AOR: Aug 21, 2014
In Process: Oct 16, 2014
Letter dated: Jan 12, 2015
Letter received in mail: Jan 19, 2015
Test date: Feb 10, 2015
Oath: SOON, I HOPE!

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I have been reading most of the posts here and sounds the whole citizenship process from the time ppl mailed out their application to oath date is rouhgt 6-8months? is that true? I am going to be mailing out my citizenship application end of jan early feb, but havent even started the paper work yet. Any time estimate on how long did it take everyone to get all the documentation sorted?

What kinda of documentations did you guys provide other than the obvious one, passport copies, translation, PR card, proof of res and fee etc? Bascially what would speed up the process for me, i just dont want unnecessary delays coz of missing paperwork. What extra cautionary step should i take.

Jan 22, my 1095 Residency days are up. Is it save to apply enf of Jan? or should wait another week or 10days?

Your expert opinion is really appreciated.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:
Hi All

I have been reading most of the posts here and sounds the whole citizenship process from the time ppl mailed out their application to oath date is rouhgt 6-8months? is that true? I am going to be mailing out my citizenship application end of jan early feb, but havent even started the paper work yet. Any time estimate on how long did it take everyone to get all the documentation sorted?

What kinda of documentations did you guys provide other than the obvious one, passport copies, translation, PR card, proof of res and fee etc? Bascially what would speed up the process for me, i just dont want unnecessary delays coz of missing paperwork. What extra cautionary step should i take.

Jan 22, my 1095 Residency days are up. Is it save to apply enf of Jan? or should wait another week or 10days?

I will say apply with 15-20 days extra... I provided all T4/Notice of Assessment and letter from my employer.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
akheya said:
Hi All

Yes, there is significant reduction in average processing time. Straight forward files may complete in 6-8 months, mail to oath. It depends totally on the complexity of file and what local office your file is going to plus your luck. Scarborough office trend shows a record drop recently even shorter to five months for some cases.

Again it depends how good you are in documentation work and how big your file is. My file was very straight forward and simple, nothing much to declare or explain, it took me almost a week to prepare (family kit of three) the proof, then reviewing and correcting multiple times until my brain refused to work on it. I was taking gaps between and for some other reasons it took me almost a month to send the final. Not neglecting the luck factor, it worked like a charm for me, mail to oath in five months and one week.

I learned the meaning of "Guideline" during my first visit to a Govt. office as a PR new comer -- during Jean Chretien time -- so strictly followed CIC guideline and what is asked in document check list. I had nothing to translate, so sent only regular copies of pp biographical pages, PR card, IDs, school records and fees. No mortgage, lease, rental, car lease, noa, t4, bank statements, color copies or phone bills or anything else. There is contradicting opinions about this factor.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to seed up the process as such except submitting a proper, complete, neat and clean file.

It is wise to give some padding, few weeks or at least few days, especially if you have travels during the relevant period.

This is not an expert opinion, nobody seem to respond here so I am sharing my experience. Note: Just saw one gentleman posted while I was typing. Your case is different than mine or anyone else here, so please consider all the factors which matters to you and take your decision.

I wish you all the best.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
catchvb said:
I will say apply with 15-20 days extra... I provided all T4/Notice of Assessment and letter from my employer.
I second that. Sending T4, NOA and letter of employment are generally a good idea.
Start putting your application together now and check every other day or so to ensure you are not missing anything

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I havent updated but just read through all (most) of the posts and congratulations to everyone, things seem to be moving at rapid speed around here! hurray!! ;D ;D

I moved after after receiving my ROA and emailed my new address to CIC .

This is my timeline so far:

App Received :August 28, 2014.
ROA received via email: OCt. 27
We started processing your application on December 19, 2014.
File transferred to the Scarborough office on January 8, 2015.

I have my fingers crossed to have the same luck as many of you that have already taken the test or have test dates! Have a great weekend everyone! :p :p

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Anybody from Ottawa receive any test dates or oath dates?

I moved to Kingston but my file was transferred to the Ottawa office. My file is up to date with my Kingston addresses.

Bashar4

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ottawaResident,

I think we are in the same boat. Our timelines are pretty much the same and we have the same local office. I haven't received anything yet. Keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully we get a test invitation in Feb.

Good Luck

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:
Anybody from Ottawa receive any test dates or oath dates?

I moved to Kingston but my file was transferred to the Ottawa office. My file is up to date with my Kingston addresses.
We are almost in the same boat. I moved to Toronto, but my initial local office was Ottawa.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Indigo.Indigo said:
Anyone from London,ON received test letter recently??
My file has been transferred to London office on Dec 17, 2014 (E-Cas update). And since then, no news at all. BTW, I'm one of the unfortunate Email-AOR recipients.

What about you?

Indigo.Indigo

Jan 9, 2015
Rossei said:
My file has been transferred to London office on Dec 17, 2014 (E-Cas update). And since then, no news at all. BTW, I'm one of the unfortunate Email-AOR recipients.

What about you?
I got same timeline..applied in first week of Aug. and file transferred to local office in dec.17.

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
Well, I still seem to be the only person who's gotten an RQ... I sent in my documents in December, and haven't heard anything since. I'm afraid I have a very, very long time left to wait. I'm glad it's moving quickly for everyone else though.

amy2008

Aug 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could anyone who has written test at Scarborough advise on where to park my car. My test is scheduled for tomorow at 8:15, considering 401 traffic i would probably get there by 7:45. I understand the parking lot at the centre is small, i maynot find a spot there.

Can someone please suggest a parking place (even paid parking is okay). I'm just overwheled about tomorow.

Thanks in advance.