+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

patientdog

Oct 2, 2014
Thanks catchvb,

I included a CBSA report which was right there in front of him. When I referred him to my report in front of him, he did say they use a different system to check.

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update

Received: 19/9/2014
Email-AOR: 17/11/2014
eCas: Active on 12/12/2014
In process: 13/1/2015
Transfered to local office (Guy-Farveau): 15/1/2015

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
where is your local office patientdog? I hope you receive your oath letter very soon.

patientdog said:
Please can someone help answer this question for me, I wrote my test today and the officer during the interview process told me that they will contact me after verifying my entries. That if everything matches with my dates then he will invite me to take the oath. But its funny that he did not even try to verify the stamps on my passport.

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A husband of my wife's colleague is having a test today.
He applied in Aug 2014.

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Big congrats Donvalley! Your journey has come to an end!

Donvalley said:
Just a quick update my friends,

We took oath today at Scarborough office.

will be back with more details later...

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Err not sure if this is a joke? What do you mean by did I intimidate them?!

Anyway, for the part of your message that makes sense, the answer is yes, my letter included proofs of my exam schedule.

gtareddy said:
Hi NigerianCanadian,
Did you intimate them before you receive the invitation for test or after? You sent a letter to Scarborough office along with proofs? Just intimating CIC call center is not enough?

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called their only number listed on their website: 1 (888) 242-2100.

Maple_Star said:
Hi, Which number did you call?
My AOR is dated 3rd October and no update since then. Want to call and check. Appreciate the assistance.

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Hello all,

I thought I'd add my timeline to this thread and provide my experiences concerning this timeline, in case it helps anyone.

Applied: Aug. 16, 2014
Received and Discover Canada guide mailed out: Aug. 26, 2014
Processing started: Oct. 27, 2014
Notice to appear sent: Jan. 06, 2015
Test to be taken in Mississauga office: Jan. 30, 2015

Some maybe relevant points:
- I used a lawyer because I am very nervous about such things
- I didn't have all my exit/entry stamps in my passports, due to scanning of my PR and the inconsistency of US border entries and exits
- I applied with 1432 days calculated and, hopefully, show my commitment to staying Canada by: 1. being employed and having all my notice of assessments, 2. being married to a Canadian, 3. having my rental history accounted for by lease agreements
- HOWEVER, I made a single mistake on my residency calculator which worries me: because I didn't have an entry stamp back into Canada for a particular trip, I mistakenly put the wrong entry back into Canada and was off by 3 days; by the time I noticed this - looking through my application, and then gathering any and all documents - I had already been called to take the test
- On the advice of my lawyer, I am bringing my boarding pass as proof of the correct day; she does not think this issue will be a huge one since even with my error, I meet the residency requirements

So, it's really up to fate's hands now, I'm going to take the test, do the interview and if I get the dreaded RQ, I'm going to deal with that if and when it comes. Good luck to all of you out there. I don't post very often but I am on here a lot, it takes a lot of bravery and patience to go through the immigration process and being around everyone who is going through it too is somewhat of a comfort during a very stressful time.

I'll post shortly after Jan. 30th and let everyone know how it all went!

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NigerianCanadian said:
Err not sure if this is a joke? What do you mean by did I intimidate them?!

Anyway, for the part of your message that makes sense, the answer is yes, my letter included proofs of my exam schedule.
I think you read it incorrectly. My message says intimate but not intimidate... may be its time to change your glasses :D

gunterinella

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sidney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
07-04-2012
Hi,

I had my test in Mississauga today. I arrived about 10 minutes before the time on the letter (7.45) and we started entering the test room soon after I arrived. The test started around 8.10 after we receive instructions.
Questions were slightly different from the practice test online but in same spirit.

I was the first one to leave the test room and the first one having the interview. The agent told me I passed and then checked my passport, landing doc and IDs, asked several questions about my travel history and my occupation. It was very friendly. At the end she told me to go back to the waiting area and someone will come and talk to me about the oath ceremony.

After 20 or 30 minutes, another agent called me in and offered me to choose the ceremony date between the 2 options they had for downtown Toronto mid February. I live in Toronto, so they wanted me to offer the option to take the oath downtown. and that was it !
It took about 1hour 30 minutes all together, but as I left the test early, everything went very fast after that.

So my oath ceremony should be on Feb 18th. I am waiting for the official invite letter now !

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patientdog said:
Thanks catchvb,

I included a CBSA report which was right there in front of him. When I referred him to my report in front of him, he did say they use a different system to check.
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Officer said she need to verify my entry/exit date while many got their oath letter right there.

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
There seems to be no consistent pattern to how the officer behaves i.e. grants oath date right there, or verifies with their system. But I wonder if this has anything to do with how many days one applies with (residence calculation)? For example, if one just barely clears the 1095 versus having many, many "buffer" days. Then, if you search the forums, there are people that never once left Canada during the four year period before application and received the RQ!

I've also heard conflicting accounts of whether it helps or hinders bringing one's CBSA report. In my case, I was advised against it so I'm not bringing mine. However, plenty of examples of people who brought their reports with them and agent took it as a good thing!

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
Quick Question:

My citizenship application is under process and the timeline is as follows:
Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Jan 16

My passport is expiring in a couple of months time, and I will be attaining a new passport;
Do I need to provide updates to CIC about the new passport that will be attained and does this affect the citizenship process in any way?

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My own mistake for responding to you and trying to help.

Just so you know, intimate means a close relationship. It can be an adjective, noun, or adverb, but certainly CANNOT be used in the way your sentence employs the use of the word.

Good luck!

gtareddy said:
I think you read it incorrectly. My message says intimate but not intimidate... may be its time to change your glasses :D

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hi guys:

I just called CIC twice today. The first agent said my test has been arranged FEB 12 and the letter was sent out on Jan 09(but i have not received anything). and the 2nd agent told me that my test has been arranged on the same day but no letter has been sent. He also said CIC trying to schedule me on that date,but it is not confirmed yet! I am so confused right now. what should i do ?? I submitted my application on Aug 06. Local office is Vancouver. Anyone has any ideas?? Thx