+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I am going away to USA for a couple of weeks during Christmas and New Year, should I inform CIC (just in case I get a test letter...)?
What is the e-mail contact for such correspondence?.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
look what I found to day

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on December 17, 2014. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor-blue83 said:
look what I found to day

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on December 17, 2014. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Same exact thing here! Go Montreal go ...

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Maple_Star said:
If I am going away to USA for a couple of weeks during Christmas and New Year, should I inform CIC (just in case I get a test letter...)?
What is the e-mail contact for such correspondence?.
what i heard is that if it will be under 2 weeks you don't need to. or you can call CIC to confirm?

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Bad news for me.

RQ from Montreal's office.

F**k !
Oh, so sorry to hear you need to fill up forms and prepare more documents. Were you informed through email or regular mail?

I remember everyone was saying that if you provide the RQ in a timely fashion, the processing time does not get lengthened a lot.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slm.tbt said:
Oh, so sorry to hear you need to fill up forms and prepare more documents. Were you informed through email or regular mail?

I remember everyone was saying that if you provide the RQ in a timely fashion, the processing time does not get lengthened a lot.
Yeah, I hope so.

The only thing that really bother me is translating all the stamps.

bouyaka

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi folks,

been a long time creeper but I've got some exciting news. here is my timeline:

Application sent from Ottawa on 8/18/2014
Application received 8/25/2014
Received AOR e-mail on 10/31/2014
Ecas activated on 12/19/2014 showing "Received"
Application In Process as of 12/24/2014: We started processing your application on December 19, 2014

Xmas miracle indeed :)

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So apparently, even though the new citizenship changes comes into effect next year, applications made after August 1, 2014 will be processed under CIC's new model which finalizes applications in under a year, (we are already seeing the effects of this ) This allows the CIC officer to process applications from start to finish.
As such, once file is transferred to local office its probably safe to assume that its in the final leg; assuming that the officer processing applications is based in Sydney.

P.S. the 24-36 months processing times announced earlier this year may just have been a way to give CIC the opportunity to work without being contacted too often by applicants.
otherwise it does not make sense that they would put longer processing time changes into effect in June 2014 only to adopt shorter ones in August of the same year.

My thoughts on this are , I think CIC always knew that they would not take as long to process applications, I believe a strategy was applied to :

• Make the announcement to increase processing times to allow for working on backlog in the background
  • Announce a decrease in processing times months after to justify the increase in fees coming into effect January 1, 2015 (these are going up to $530+$100 effective January 21, 2015)
  • This strategy was applied to appear efficient and on target. ( CIC knew what they were doing all along, it takes more than a year to come up with these plans and put them into effect)

I think I agree with a post made some months back that its all political... either way these are welcomed changes
just thought I would share.

See below links for latest news on processing times and fees

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=916869
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872619

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
small update just got off phone with CIC,

Agent gave me the 24 months script and refused to actually check application status, I called back and insisted that It would be great if they can check the status of my application, since for applications received after august 1, 2014 the 24-36 months processing is no longer in effect. she came back and confirmed file was transferred to Mississauga

P.s there was no wait time at all to get through either ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not yet... However, ecas update is not usually real time. I think by some time in January I should be hearing from them Mississauga. by then I may or may not get an ecas update. does not matter though my file is where it should be.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has any of you ordered the ATIP report and received a response?

Would you please let me know when your applclication was created, which shows on the first page of the report if you have?

Thank you and Happy holidays,

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also called CIC today, I spoke with a really nice agent, no wait time as well.

He took time to confirm and update my information and then got my client ID to check my application status. He came back after 2 minutes on hold and he said:

"I am actually glad you called today, your file has been transferred to your local office. Your local office is Vancouver. You are on queue for test invitations"

Good news.

Merry Christmas guys!