+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hear Hear! Let's be patient!

dav3000 said:
Everyone should be patient. Your applications are being processed, they haven't updated their system yet. For those contemplating on sending another application, be patient!!!

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Interview........
11-08-205
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
Good morning,

I missed a copy of my old passport and my file was returned without being processed :'(. I send back the copy of the missing passport immediately, I have two questions:

• CIC didn't processed the application, does my file go to the end of the line, I mean it has to wait until they start reviewing November applications?

CIC reviewed
my file and found one document missing, Can I assume the rest of the application was completed?

Cheers

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zaraben said:
Good morning,

I missed a copy of my old passport and my file was returned without being processed :'(. I send back the copy of the missing passport immediately, I have two questions:

• CIC didn't processed the application, does my file go to the end of the line, I mean it has to wait until they start reviewing November applications?

CIC reviewed
my file and found one document missing, Can I assume the rest of the application was completed?

Cheers
Oh my god. When did you get yours returned? I am so sorry to say that I have seen many posts indicating that the returned application will be at the end of the line, which sucks. I haven't still recevied any follow up as to my application. I might be in the same boat like you. The thing is that I can't think of any documents I missed. Just send your application asap with the document they are requiring for now.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zaraben said:
Good morning,

CIC reviewed

Cheers
unfortunately, your app will be checked with November applicants. But, since other documents have been checked and put on file, it will be speedily done. just ensure you attach the missing document and send it back in a timely manner.

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hello to all
I have applied for citizenship and mail delivered to cic 18th August. but since that no AOR no Ecase no Email any body want to join. :p

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
gatormei said:
I think they just want to know how much you bond to Canada. It is not about the traveling to anywhere. I did travel a lot to US (at least twice per year) and other countries (at least spent two months in one country).

I have the same job since I moved to Canada and always live in the same city (but moved few times to different apartment). I gave them the T4.

Nothing to worry! Just gave them whatever you have.

Good Luck!
You are not save from RQ yet. Most people got it after their line disappeared. If 2 months after your line's gone and you haven't gotten RQ, then looks like you won't get a pre-test RQ. But during your interview, if you couldn't show your stamps from US, then another chance you would be given RQ after test (post-test RQ, this one is a curse).
Having same job all the time, sent them T4, etc won't save you from RQ. The citizenship processing time is a lottery, and RQ is a mystery. Nobody knows the exact numbers.

dazissimo

Aug 9, 2014
Montréal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
Looks like I have been moved from the group of July applicants to August. My application was received 31st July and my ecas finally came through today indicating that my application was received 1st August!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on November 13, 2014.

Are there anyone in August who waited as long as me?

Daz,
British national living in Montreal

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torontonion said:
Hello to all
I have applied for citizenship and mail delivered to cic 18th August. but since that no AOR no Ecase no Email any body want to join. :p
I want to join! You can call CIC to see if ther are working on your application. They are now working on applications received on August 29, 2014. Yesterday I call them and was told that my application was received on August 14 and ECAS will be updated soon. Also the agent said that the processing time is 24 months now so I shouldn't be worried at all even though I haven't received anything as of today because she confirmed that they are working on my application. The weird thing is that Fedex delivered my application on August 15 with the proof of delivery but she said it is received on August 14. Anyway, they received mine and have it now.

canappli

Nov 19, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while now and found it very informative as my application is around the same time as all of yours on this page. I wanted to get response from those who could have been through this or going through this. My dates are as follows:

Application sent 29th August
Applicatrion Recvd 5th September
E-cas update: 5th Nov
Recvd line disappeared: 13th Nov

With all the information mentioned above i want to understand when should i expect to receive any letter / email with test book? The above is all i have tracked through online update
Thanks

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
dazissimo said:
Looks like I have been moved from the group of July applicants to August. My application was received 31st July and my ecas finally came through today indicating that my application was received 1st August!

Are there anyone in August who waited as long as me?

Daz,
British national living in Montreal
1) Welcome to this August'ian group...
2) There is at least one exact match for your timeline, among a group of five still waiting to hear from CIC under this thread. See below link for details:
New Citizenship Application Timeline 2014
http://goo.gl/UdobDn

If you wish, please join and keep updated whenever you have one.
Please browse to end of lines and click on Add New here ...fill out/update and submit...
Also feel free to have a glimpse of progress any time.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
canappli said:
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while now and found it very informative as my application is around the same time as all of yours on this page. I wanted to get response from those who could have been through this or going through this. My dates are as follows:

Application sent 29th August
Applicatrion Recvd 5th September
E-cas update: 5th Nov
Recvd line disappeared: 13th Nov

With all the information mentioned above i want to understand when should i expect to receive any letter / email with test book? The above is all i have tracked through online update
Thanks
The first August AOR recipients are receiving AOR/Book by mail beginning last week. So general idea is to expect AOR/book around one month from e-cas/AOR activation.

If you wish please join the New Citizenship Application Timeline 2014 and keep updated whenever you have one.
It is here: http://goo.gl/UdobDn
Please browse to end of lines and click on Add New here ...fill out/update and submit...
Also feel free to have a glimpse of progress any time.

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
Bad news for me.
We applied for citizenship on Aug. 14 and didn't receive ecas or AOR email yet.
We called CIC again today and the agent told us that he doesn't see the file in the system and this means only one thing - the file was returned to us and we'll receive a letter within 2 weeks.

My miss-fortunate fellows, please tell me if you receive a same or different answer from CIC agents.
I'm pretty devastated. In the previous times I called they told me that after 2 month my application couldn't return and now this...

marteno

Mar 1, 2010
Hello

Don't worry quite yet yano4ka! Our application was received on Aug 1 and we heard nothing for months. So we called last week and got exactly the same message as you, including that we should reapply. However, just as we were preparing a new application this morning I did a final check - and there we were! No guarantees for you of course, but I wouldn't believe the message you got from the CIC agent either - at least not yet.

Good luck!

Martin

yano4ka said:
Bad news for me.
We applied for citizenship on Aug. 14 and didn't receive ecas or AOR email yet.
We called CIC again today and the agent told us that he doesn't see the file in the system and this means only one thing - the file was returned to us and we'll receive a letter within 2 weeks.

My miss-fortunate fellows, please tell me if you receive a same or different answer from CIC agents.
I'm pretty devastated. In the previous times I called they told me that after 2 month my application couldn't return and now this...

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
marteno said:
Hello

Don't worry quite yet yano4ka! Our application was received on Aug 1 and we heard nothing for months. So we called last week and got exactly the same message as you, including that we should reapply. However, just as we were preparing a new application this morning I did a final check - and there we were! No guarantees for you of course, but I wouldn't believe the message you got from the CIC agent either - at least not yet.

Good luck!

Martin
Thank you Martin,
This is somewhat encouraging