+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
My application was received on August 28, started processing on October 31, and today I received an RQ :( I travel sometimes, but I do have enough physical presence. I haven't left Canada at all in 10 months now. Feeling very worried. Please wish me luck!

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
prettymaryk said:
My application was received on August 28, started processing on October 31, and today I received an RQ :( I travel sometimes, but I do have enough physical presence. I haven't left Canada at all in 10 months now. Feeling very worried. Please wish me luck!
My app was received on Aug27th. No e-cas activated but AOR by email. Hope thing turns out okay to you.

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prettymaryk said:
Hi Prettymaryk,

So it shows that the processing is happening at the background even though we can't see it anything on the Ecase.

How did you receive AOR? Email or regular mail.

What is your location?

Did you apply for yourself only or was it family application?

Is it the full RQ or the moderate one ( A shorter version of RQ) which I have heard some of earlier applicants have received.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prettymaryk said:
Don't fret. From what I have read on other forums, it seems it is better to have an RQ before than after the test. If you submit the RQ in a timely manner, all will be fine. Also, what kind of RQ did you get?

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
I'm not sure what kind of RQ I got, what's the difference between full and moderate? It's 5 pages, asking for employment/family/work/education history and supporting health records, rental agreements, a copy of your passport with translated stamps etc. There weren't any reasons listed, but most likely it's because I travel to the U.S. sometimes and live here alone.

I'm a single applicant from Toronto. I didn't get an AOR at all, just e-cas.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prettymaryk said:
I'm not sure what kind of RQ I got, what's the difference between full and moderate? It's 5 pages, asking for employment/family/work/education history and supporting health records, rental agreements, a copy of your passport with translated stamps etc. There weren't any reasons listed, but most likely it's because I travel to the U.S. sometimes and live here alone.

Hi PrettyMaryk,
Sorry about RQ, Please send them the informaton they requested asap, this way your application will move onto the next step, it is all you can do now. Re: employment/family/work/education history Etc.
Assuming that you had provided most of these already on initial application, maybe they just wanna clarify things.
Either way, just give them what they requested ASAP

sending you positive energy.
HUGS

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Okay my bf called again today and this time the agent told him his address.
so the last one lied to him, when he told him they only got his name & bday.
I d prefer if they say sorry I m not telling y anything instead of bs.
anyways the new agent send a ticket cause he thinks it s weird there is nothing in the system. He should call back in two weeks to see if they found sth.. he even suggested that they either send back the application or it got lost.
mhm better not. I doubt they would send it back by now and lost. Hiw would that be possible if we hot a signiture.

Funny enough the guy who signed for the mail actually was mentioned in a different post. Similar case where the application git somewhere misplaced and took months to be processed.
I guess just not lucky.

Hopefully next week.

Btw nothing to do with patience but cic is disorganized.
anyways...

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone;

I am just getting a little nervous. They received my application on 30th of Aug 2014 (perhaps 29th). I have not received anything form them to date.

I called them last week. The lady advised me that they were processing applications received on 12 of Aug 2014. I may have to wait for another month to hear anything. I further asked if she can confirm my new address, which i updated online. She confirmed my new address. And that was the end of it.

I forgot to send them my work history for last 4 years. I did list it on the forms however. Is that potentially a problem perhaps?

@latitudeofgratitude

Congrats. i sent you a message, not sure if you have received it.

Thanks everyone.

regards

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone should be patient. Your applications are being processed, they haven't updated their system yet. For those contemplating on sending another application, be patient!!!

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
dav3000 said:
Everyone should be patient. Your applications are being processed, they haven't updated their system yet. For those contemplating on sending another application, be patient!!!
I second to what dav3000 just said. The system is very slow and less transparent . Be patient, don't initiate another application at this point to double your anxiety in future.
Though things are moving in the background in its usual slow pace, the update/communication mechanism is much slower now. So patience is the key to go my friends....

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
prettymaryk said:
Hi prettymaryk,
One of the forum member eileenf is running a very informative and helpful blog about RQ and related issues.

Resources for RQ Recipients / What to do if you get an RQ
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/resources-for-rq-recipients/

You can go through the blog to get some help if needed in answering the RQ; plus find out if your's was a mini or full RQ.
Wish you all the best.

Also, if you wish please join the New Citizenship Application Timeline 2014 and keep updated whenever you have one.
It is here: http://goo.gl/UdobDn
Please browse to end of lines and click on Add New here ...fill out/update and submit...and feel free to visit for a glimpse of progress any time.

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Donvalley said:
Hi prettymaryk,
One of the forum member eileenf is running a very informative and helpful blog about RQ and related issues.

Resources for RQ Recipients / What to do if you get an RQ
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/resources-for-rq-recipients/

You can go through the blog to find out if yours was a mini or full RQ

If you wish please join the New Citizenship Application Timeline 2014 and keep updated whenever you have one.
It is here: http://goo.gl/UdobDn
Please browse to end of lines and click on Add New here ...fill out/update and submit...
Also feel free to have a glimpse of progress any time.
Donvalley +1

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zujal said:
Hello everyone;

I am just getting a little nervous. They received my application on 30th of Aug 2014 (perhaps 29th). I have not received anything form them to date.

I called them last week. The lady advised me that they were processing applications received on 12 of Aug 2014. I may have to wait for another month to hear anything. I further asked if she can confirm my new address, which i updated online. She confirmed my new address. And that was the end of it.

I forgot to send them my work history for last 4 years. I did list it on the forms however. Is that potentially a problem perhaps?

@ latitudeofgratitude

Congrats. i sent you a message, not sure if you have received it.

Thanks everyone.

regards

Thank you Zugal, Check inbox

gatormei

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they just want to know how much you bond to Canada. It is not about the traveling to anywhere. I did travel a lot to US (at least twice per year) and other countries (at least spent two months in one country).

I have the same job since I moved to Canada and always live in the same city (but moved few times to different apartment). I gave them the T4.

Nothing to worry! Just gave them whatever you have.

Good Luck!

prettymaryk said: