+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Friends,

I am yet to receive my AOR in mail including the discover canada booklet

My processing as per e-cas started Oct 9th..It says AOR and discover canada booklet was sent in August however it has been almost 2.5 months and I am yet to receive anything

Is there any Aug applicant who might have received AOR in mail including discover canada booklet?

cheers,

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IT applicant said:
Is there any Aug applicant who might have received AOR in mail including discover canada booklet?
cheers,
It is a canned line sent out as a standard line. Not sure if and when the booklet is actually dispatched. It is better to download the online PDF copy if you are keen to read up.

HashB

Oct 28, 2014
nervousCat said:
Another August applicant here... Been stalking this thread for a while, had to make an account just to say: I'm in the exact same boat! I assumed the option was to request to truncate/shorten name, so I went ahead and checked that box and left out my middle name. Oh boy.

You're a few steps ahead of me - my e-CAS just got activated today (yay!) - so please keep me posted on what they say about your response. I wonder if I should preemptively send them a letter asking them to disregard section 3B because I misunderstood the checkbox... What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Should I just wait and see? I just don't want the application to be stalled because of this... Sigh, a new problem to fret about, barely had time to celebrate my e-CAS activation :'(

Sure, I'll post the reply I'll get for my case specific inquiry. I have already posted about the discussion with call center agent. hopefully, we just have to send the letter stating to continue with the full name. I have already prepared the letter and going to send it tomorrow even if i dont receive the case specific reply by tomorrow.

jaiTORONTO

Oct 3, 2014
Finally I see some activity on my application on-line service...

In Process:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 28, 2014.

I never received any letter or study book in mail....

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the CIC agent today, and she informed me that she sees my application in the system and that's good news. Apparently the people whose citizenship application number starts with C00000XXXX are following a different track, she said, and have to be patient in order to see some activity online since they are updating the system.
Don't you think that is a bit unfair? My brother and I sent our applications (both single applicants & full-time students) on the same day. His was received on July 31st, 2014 for some reason, and mine was received on August 1st, 2014. His application has been in process since September 22nd, 2014 and he only received the AOR and the booklet in the mail, no email or anything. So far, I have only received an AOR via email on October 16th, 2014 and nothing else.
I mean, I couldn't care less if I can see my application status online or not at this point as long as my application is being processed at the same time of other applicants who sent their applications around the same time as I and are following the old track.

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
rivermax91 said:
I called the CIC agent today, and she informed me that she sees my application in the system and that's good news. Apparently the people whose citizenship application number starts with C00000XXXX are following a different track, she said, and have to be patient in order to see some activity online since they are updating the system.
Don't you think that is a bit unfair? My brother and I sent our applications (both single applicants & full-time students) on the same day. His was received on July 31st, 2014 for some reason, and mine was received on August 1st, 2014. His application has been in process since September 22nd, 2014 and he only received the AOR and the booklet in the mail, no email or anything. So far, I have only received an AOR via email on October 16th, 2014 and nothing else.
I mean, I couldn't care less if I can see my application status online or not at this point as long as my application is being processed at the same time of other applicants who sent their applications around the same time as I and are following the old track.
I am on the same boat...Did the agent confirm that your application is NOT in process?

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
jaiTORONTO said:
Finally I see some activity on my application on-line service...
@rivermax91

Congrats!!

After uncertainty of first two/three months, nice to see more than 90% August-ians got AORs now. A big relief !

A note to all AOR recipients:
Please don't forget to update your timeline on new Citizenship Application Timeline 2014. (see below footer for links)

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
rivermax91 said:
Nah, not unfair. Who knows, maybe we'll be at an advantage - and all of a sudden see a test date next :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Donvalley said:
A note to all AOR recipients:
Please don't forget to update your timeline on new Citizenship Application Timeline 2014. (see below footer for links)
Hey Donvalley,

If you feel same, could you change the date format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd-mmm-yyyy (i.e. 01-AUG-2014) in your database? When all are numeric; it's sometimes hard to understand. I think it's easier to read if months are written in letters.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Rossei said:
Hey Donvalley,

If you feel same, could you change the date format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd-mmm-yyyy (i.e. 01-AUG-2014) in your database? When all are numeric; it's sometimes hard to understand. I think it's easier to read if months are written in letters.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work.

Hi Rossie,

Yeah, makes sense...Done!
I think it looks much better now..

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
:'( :'( :'(

Guys,
I'm really worried now. I applied on Aug 14 and still don't see any updates.
I called CIC and there is nothing on their system either.
What can it be? How I can check that they didn't loose my package?

Thanks

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yano4ka said:
:'( :'( :'(

Guys,
I'm really worried now. I applied on Aug 14 and still don't see any updates.
I called CIC and there is nothing on their system either.
What can it be? How I can check that they didn't loose my package?

Thanks
I am in the same situation. But when I called CIC and was verified if I am the person who applied for the citizenship application, they had my work phone number in their system (I put the phone number on the citizenship application only). I noticed that is a sign they have put my information in their system. But no E-cas or AOR. I am not worried any more. Your case might be same as me. The officer who are working on our files may be extremely busy to update my info. Just call and ask them again like the only thing you would like know is that if the application is returned or not.

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
HiCanadiano said:
I am in the same situation. But when I called CIC and was verified if I am the person who applied for the citizenship application, they had my work phone number in their system (I put the phone number on the citizenship application only). I noticed that is a sign they have put my information in their system. But no E-cas or AOR. I am not worried any more. Your case might be same as me. The officer who are working on our files may be extremely busy to update my info. Just call and ask them again like the only thing you would like know is that if the application is returned or not.
Not the case for me. They only had my old address on file, the one I lived at when I applied for PR. So no one touched my file since August.
Is there a way to check if the file is on some officer's desk or it was lost forever ????

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received the booklet today along with the standard letter. In Process since 3rd Oct.
I am planning to start working on getting the paperwork together for the highly anticipated RQ due to being the usual suspect (applied from Middle East, traveled to M.E. after the first landing etc).

gunterinella

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sidney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
07-04-2012
Just a quick update as I received the AOR with the booklet today by mail.