+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Select PROFILE from your right top Menu bar. On your left, you will see FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION under Modify Profile. Click there and you will find SIGNATURE field to edit.
Thank you, Rossei!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HashB said:
Hi pals,

I have a problem with my application and need help :(
Not yet sure how major could it be..

I received a letter from CIC asking me to provide supporting document for my name that i requested on Citizenship Certificate.
Situation:
My full name on all identification documents (drivers license, healthcard, current passport) is as FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME LASTNAME.
as in : HXXXX AXXX BXXXX. I typed the same name in the application Question3-A.

In Question3-B Request for a different name... I checked 'shortened' name and typed FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.
I assumed that it wouldn't be an issue and I would prefer 2 names, now they are asking me for supporting docs in self addressed enclosed envelope they sent. they asked me to send info in 60 days until then application is at halt :( (as of 30th Oct)

I have issued a case specific inquiry to ask them if I should reply in a letter stating that please proceed with Full name including Middle name. Should I reply to the letter stating the same? that I do not want to 'shorten' my name if that's a problem. My full name is FIRST MIDDLE LAST and proceed with the full name ?
Would that be acceptable ???? or will my application get rejected and start again bla bla ??
Anyone else ever landed into similar situation ? or what's the best thing todo?
I called CIC but there 'telephony' system is experiencing problem and cannot transfer to agent. will keep trying though.... if anyone has another no. than 1-888-242-2100, please let me know..
To answer your questions:
1. As the application form you sent out has your signature on it and is dated, and specifies a different name, simply asking them to proceed with different information you have supplied is most likely not an option.
2. You still have a chance to give them what they want: your bank statements, your driver's license, health card, name change certificate, etc. Any document that has only your first name and last name. Provide as many as you can.
3. If you cannot provide supporting documents. I would suggest keep trying to call CIC at the 1-888 number, see what the agent says about it. If proceeding without name change is not an option, you'll have to send out another application ASAP.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
thepolestar said:
Good work!!!! +1 for that.
&
@Rossie for keeping us updated...

Thanks....

HashB

Oct 28, 2014
jrjayl said:
To answer your questions:
1. As the application form you sent out has your signature on it and is dated, and specifies a different name, simply asking them to proceed with different information you have supplied is most likely not an option.
2. You still have a chance to give them what they want: your bank statements, your driver's license, health card, name change certificate, etc. Any document that has only your first name and last name. Provide as many as you can.
3. If you cannot provide supporting documents. I would suggest keep trying to call CIC at the 1-888 number, see what the agent says about it. If proceeding without name change is not an option, you'll have to send out another application ASAP.

Thanks for your reply.
I was able to talk to an agent on CIC and explained the situation (and that I do not have legitimate IDs without middle name). She mentioned that I should reply with a letter stating that I do not want a name change and agree to have full name on the citizenship certificate. She said it's standard procedure.
I think I'll also wait for email reply of Case Specific inquiry that I initiated before sending out written and signed letter.
I hope that's all I would have to do.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on the new updates. I hope we all get test dates soon.
Also, we should all expect to receive the book / official AOR shortly. Most July applicants already received it through mail.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Saif1587 said:
Joining the party!

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 25-AUG-2014
Date Received => 28-AUG-2014
AOR via Email or Mail=> none
eCAS updated => not sure
Processing Started => 29-October 2014
Rcvd Line disappeared =>
Test Date =>
Oath Date =>
Good job Saif1587
My app's timeline is pretty same with you but AOR. Hope I can see my ceas activated soon.
Cheers,

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
jaiTORONTO said:
Donvalley....too good...amazing work... it works great....
Thanks!

nervousCat

Nov 8, 2014
HashB said:
Hi pals,

I have a problem with my application and need help :(
Not yet sure how major could it be..

I received a letter from CIC asking me to provide supporting document for my name that i requested on Citizenship Certificate.
Situation:
My full name on all identification documents (drivers license, healthcard, current passport) is as FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME LASTNAME.
as in : HXXXX AXXX BXXXX. I typed the same name in the application Question3-A.

In Question3-B Request for a different name... I checked 'shortened' name and typed FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.
I assumed that it wouldn't be an issue and I would prefer 2 names, now they are asking me for supporting docs in self addressed enclosed envelope they sent. they asked me to send info in 60 days until then application is at halt :( (as of 30th Oct)

I have issued a case specific inquiry to ask them if I should reply in a letter stating that please proceed with Full name including Middle name. Should I reply to the letter stating the same? that I do not want to 'shorten' my name if that's a problem. My full name is FIRST MIDDLE LAST and proceed with the full name ?
Would that be acceptable ???? or will my application get rejected and start again bla bla ??
Anyone else ever landed into similar situation ? or what's the best thing todo?
I called CIC but there 'telephony' system is experiencing problem and cannot transfer to agent. will keep trying though.... if anyone has another no. than 1-888-242-2100, please let me know..

Thanks
Another August applicant here... Been stalking this thread for a while, had to make an account just to say: I'm in the exact same boat! I assumed the option was to request to truncate/shorten name, so I went ahead and checked that box and left out my middle name. Oh boy.

You're a few steps ahead of me - my e-CAS just got activated today (yay!) - so please keep me posted on what they say about your response. I wonder if I should preemptively send them a letter asking them to disregard section 3B because I misunderstood the checkbox... What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Should I just wait and see? I just don't want the application to be stalled because of this... Sigh, a new problem to fret about, barely had time to celebrate my e-CAS activation :'(

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maxygirl said:
I finally have my ecas updated. It was received on Aug 29 and in-process as of Nov 5. Good luck to all!

Congrats nervouscat, Dasm2014 and maxygirl @ maxygirl, you
and I both have the same timeline , this gives me hope

black-feather

Nov 2, 2014
Mailed the application on August 25 by Canada post X-press. Received by Sydney on 27. Started processing on October 30th. Online service available on Nov.2nd. Received line disappeared on Nov. 9th. Single applicant from Toronto.