+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
patientdog said:
Guys I just need your advice. My application was received August 5th and nothing from CIC. Should I re-submit another one or keep waiting. I called their Call Centre and was told no record of my application.
Too early in my opinion. Take in to consideration the massive storming of applications in June due to C-24 panic, which may be delaying things further than recent time lines. Some June applicants are still waiting for AOR. I believe it is hard to miss any applications once inside CIC. So patience is important and the only way to go.

My application reached Aug 11, no news so far. I am taking this positive to find some relief, at least they didn't returned my application so far.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Donvalley said:
My application reached Aug 11, no news so far. I am taking this positive to find some relief, at least they didn't returned my application so far.
Same here. Mine got there on Aug 14, 2014. Nothing so far. I may call CIC next week if nothing happens this week. BTW, E-Cas is tremendously slow.

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing so far for me either. They received my application August 13, 2014.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:
Same here man. Reached August 8. And nothing so far.
Early Augustians , Fingers crossed you guys should be hearing something soon, Just spoke with Cic and was told by agent to wait another 2-3 weeks, then call back if no AOR Received as they are still finishing up with July's applications.
After asking a few detailed questions, I came away with the following understanding of the initial part of the application process.

• The initial people working on our applications just check for completeness and eligibility, nothing else. (therefore not hearing anything does not necessarily mean an application rejection)
  • Application file is assigned to a case worker but is still not updated immediately it takes at least 3 weeks according to agent, ( but we know that it takes longer )
  • How quickly a status gets updated may depend on factors such as how heavy Cic's work load is, as well as how quickly the case worker goes through individual files: Is the case worker on vacation/ leave of absence Etc. or were you assigned a caseworker that has a strong or weak/poor work ethic?) These are factors that will "in my opinion" determine how quickly or slowly an initial application is updated.

This observation makes sense of why some applicants who have applied after other applicants get an update, while others who have been waiting for a lot longer are still waiting for an update on their file.

Frustrating as it is, Cic seems to be making strides in completing applications more quickly, However, had a structure been in place to return applications immediately if found to be incomplete, it would take away some of the "anxiety" applicants feel of potentially waiting for 2 months sometimes only to have their applications returned.

In short, the process of applying to come and live in Canada is a long and sometimes frustrating one, it sometimes doesn't seem as though it will ever end, even after landing. That said most of us were already aware of this to some extent when we decided to make Canada our new home.

I have consoled my self by accepting that:

Applying for permanent residence to live in Canada is a : Test of Faith and Patience
    Applying for Citizenship is a: Test of Patience
    After all the the faith and patience exercised, Receiving Citizenship is only : A Test and oath away :p
    So let us take heart and endure till the end, since each day that passes by brings us one step closer to taking the oath of citizenship and finally calling ourselves Citizens of this beautiful land.

All the best to those of us still waiting (Sorry about long post just thought I would share )

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for this latitudeofgratitude! much appreciated.

latitudeofgratitude said:
Early Augustians , Fingers crossed you guys should be hearing something soon, Just spoke with Cic and was told by agent to wait another 2-3 weeks, then call back if no AOR Received as they are still finishing up with July's applications.
After asking a few detailed questions, I came away with the following understanding of the initial part of the application process.

• The initial people working on our applications just check for completeness and eligibility, nothing else. (therefore not hearing anything does not necessarily mean a application rejection)
  • Application file is assigned to a case worker but is still not updated immediately (this may depend on factors such as how heavy Cic's work load is, as well as how quickly the case worker goes through individual files: Is the case worker on vacation/ leave of absence Etc. or do you have a caseworker that has a strong or weak poor work ethic?) These are factors that will "in my opinion" determine how quickly or slowly an initial application is updated.

This observation makes sense of why some applicants who have applied after other applicants get an update while others have been waiting for a lot longer and still have heard nothing yet.

Frustrating as it is, Cic seems to be making strides in completing applications more quickly, However, had a structure been in place to return applications immediately if found to be incomplete, it would take away some of the "anxiety" from applicants of potentially waiting for 2 months sometimes only to have their applications returned.

In short, the process of applying to come and live in Canada is a long and sometimes frustrating one, it sometimes doesn't seem as though it will never end, even after landing. That said most of us were already made aware of this to some extent when we decided to make Canada our new home.
    I have consoled my self by accepting that:

Applying for permanent residence to live in Canada is a : Test of Faith and Patience
    Applying for Citizenship is a: Test of Patience
    After all the the faith and patience exercised, Receiving Citizenship is only : A Test and oath away :p
    So let us take heart and endure till the end, since each day that passes by brings us one step closer to taking the oath of citizenship and finally calling ourselves Citizens of this beautiful land.

All the best to those of us still waiting (Sorry about long post just thought I would share )

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gatormei said:
your local office?

I assume it should be Vancouver, not mentioned on my e-CAS. Also called CIC and they informed me they mailed everything on Oct 16th, but I have not received anything yet.

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Everyone;

i think i have forgotten to attach a few docs (like old passport, work history in Canada and overseas for last 4 years). I have not received anything yet. They received my application on 30th of August 2014. How do i send them these missing docs, there is no case id.

BTW: nice summation by latitudeofgratitude.

regards

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Hi Everyone. I received confirmation of receipt via email today. ;D ;D

I sent my application and was received on August 28th.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
zujal said:
hi Everyone;

i think i have forgotten to attach a few docs (like old passport, work history in Canada and overseas for last 4 years).
Old passport - CIC may request/RQ later. No Return

Work history in Canada and overseas for last 4 years - If you forget to list employment history in the form, your application will be returned as incomplete. I guess you did this part.
If you forget to attach the records, that is not a requirement now. No return.
I believe almost all return application from August is already home by now.

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hello . I received confirmation of receipt via email today.

I sent my application and was received on August 28th.

I hope best wishes to all.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hi guys. Here is my timeline below. but i have not received my AOR and book. Is it normal? Thank you!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 8, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2014.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks,

When you check the status of your application, what number are you using?

I have been using my client ID but it shows only my sponsorship application. (I was a sponsor of my wife for permanent residence. The sponsorship application has been finalized in June but still shows up on ECAS.) The funny thing is I don’t see anything when I use my PR card number or receipt number or landing paper number to check the sponsorship application. (I had to send all the relevant documents to prove that I am a permanent resident in Canada. So I have no doubt that they have entered my PR number/Receipt number/landing paper number into the system.)

I now wonder if I am required to use a particular number to see the status of my citizenship application.

Please share your experience or provide any ideas.

Thank you,

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abc3896 said:
Hi guys. Here is my timeline below. but i have not received my AOR and book. Is it normal? Thank you!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 8, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Yes. They probably sent the AOR on the day they started processing the application not on the day of receipt like they claim. So sit tight :)
On a side note, it's pretty weird that some applicants like myself from july (and even from june) went through the "new routine", i.e AOR by email, no eCAS and application no C000XXXXXX while others in August still go through the old process. I wonder if it's random.

gatormei

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is normal that you have not received your AOR and book.
Most people haven't yet. Only one in August received.

abc3896 said: