Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
22-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012
Hi Everyone... I just came to check back in this forum after a few years! Last time I was here was when I got my PR. I see some recognizable names here still...

I submitted my Citizenship application on August 22. No updates on ecas yet.

And yes... e-cas has been super slow this morning.

sraheem86

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid-June 2010 (PNP Application)
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
September 10, 2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
22-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012
Does anyone have the link for the Google drive spreadsheet which was tracking applications?

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

sraheem86

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid-June 2010 (PNP Application)
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
September 10, 2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
22-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012
Fort Mc. said:
just received my AOR in the mail.
Congrats!

For the rest of us... Any day now!

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fort Mc. said:
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I sent my application on may 20th and my ecas was updated as follow

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 26, 2014.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 26, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us..

But my application was rejected as incomplete because my application was postdated and returned to me on August 5th, I signed my app for may 30th but CIC received it on May 26th and rejected it.

CIC sent me back my package with a form to fill and resend (with new application form and all supporting doc).

the new package was sent to cic on August 20th and received at CIC on August 25th and ecas was updated on Friday as follow:

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We started processing your application on October 15, 2014.

My status now on ecas is: in process.

good luck all
Hi Fort Mc.

So they sent back your application despite them activating your ecas in the first place? I thought once they activate your ecas your application won't be sent back as incomplete!! and your ecas has both dates on it now?
The first one from may and now this one!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They usually return incomplete applications in 2 months.
Having ecas active and passing 2 months mark ur fine.

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
They usually return incomplete applications in 2 months.
Having ecas active and passing 2 months mark ur fine.
Thanks for the info! that's what I thought too, but when I saw the above timeline above (Fort Mc) I got a bit nervous!

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Windsor_PhD said:
Hi Fort Mc.

So they sent back your application despite them activating your ecas in the first place? I thought once they activate your ecas your application won't be sent back as incomplete!! and your ecas has both dates on it now?
The first one from may and now this one!
Under the new decision-making/process model, CIC doesn't accept or open an e-cas file when an application is incomplete, in order to keep the inventory low. But on FortMc case it seems that there was an oversight on initial scrutiny and file moved until computer entry stage where they catch the application was stale dated. Noticing the error they rejected it and returned to sender.

This is a very rare case and no need to get paranoid about it. If your file is incomplete you will get the kit returned without e-cas or AOR within ~50-60 days. I believe most August returns are home by now finishing the circuit.

Also from threads it is visible that re-send applications (i.e. incomplete returns) are given some priority and processed at least a week ahead of other cases.

Accepting applications...
All applications received are checked upfront for completeness, and when the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S) receives an application without the requisite fee and/or without the required documents, the mailroom staff will:
not allocate the paid fees to the processing of the application;
not record any data in the Global Case Management System (GCMS);

Guidelines
Postdated applications
Postdated applications are returned to the applicant at the time the kit is received. An application is postdated when the Minister receives the application before the date indicated on the form.

Procedures
Postdated applications
Kit, forms, documents, payment receipt are returned to applicant with a letter;
Letter indicates applications dated after the date of mailing cannot be accepted into processing and instructs the applicant to complete a new application, check the website for current acceptable form version and requirements if they choose to resubmit an application.

silverfox

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-03-12
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-12 received on 11-04-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-12 received on 28-04-12
LANDED..........
july 24, 2012
newcomer said:
Thanks ! Are you in Calgary ?
No. I'm in st paul. That's about 220 km northeast of edmonton.

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
Under the new decision-making/process model, CIC doesn't accept or open an e-cas file when an application is incomplete, in order to keep the inventory low. But on FortMc case it seems that there was an oversight on initial scrutiny and file moved until computer entry stage where they catch the application was stale dated. Noticing the error they rejected it and returned to sender.

This is a very rare case and no need to get paranoid about it. If your file is incomplete you will get the kit returned without e-cas or AOR within 50-60 days. I believe most August returns are home by now finishing the circuit.

Also from threads it is visible that re-send applications (i.e. incomplete returns) are given some priority and processed at least a week ahead of other cases.

Accepting applications...
All applications received are checked upfront for completeness, and when the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S) receives an application without the requisite fee and/or without the required documents, the mailroom staff will:
not allocate the paid fees to the processing of the application;
not record any data in the Global Case Management System (GCMS);

Guidelines
Postdated applications
Postdated applications are returned to the applicant at the time the kit is received. An application is postdated when the Minister receives the application before the date indicated on the form.

Procedures
Postdated applications
Kit, forms, documents, payment receipt are returned to applicant with a letter;
Letter indicates applications dated after the date of mailing cannot be accepted into processing and instructs the applicant to complete a new application, check the website for current acceptable form version and requirements if they choose to resubmit an application.
Thank you for the detailed response, it was insightful

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D :D Hellooooooo Everyone.

Good News to share.

Just got the email for my family application. Myself and Wife.

File received on Aug/11/2014

Text of the email is standard as we have already read with few of our fellow Augustians.

Guys...good news are coming your way too.

Though there is no mention about the local office, I believe it should be Scarborough as I live in Scarborough.

Good day everyone. :D :D