+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
...May be it is an application for child..

There may be exceptions like adoption, but a child/minor is not allowed as a single applicant. The child application must also have at least one parent who will become a citizen at the same time.

In general terms the child is a citizen by birth if born in Canada (regardless of parents' status) or if both or one of the parent is a citizen (regardless of birth place). Then they don't need to apply for citizenship.

....if it's a returned application maybe....

In certain cases like where CIC returned application by error; you can ask for fast processing to cover the "additional" delay but not this fast to process immediately upon receipt.

Earlier I was a bit amazed too, seeing the case you are referring to; when I added myself into the list. Later I have an educated guess that the date he referred as "received" is not the Canada post delivery date as we just typed in but the CIC updated system date in e-cas as received. i.e he sent the application atleast two months prior to.

There is no shortcuts or speed booster when you deal with CIC other than place things as and in order where it is asked. The only exception of priority processing is for CBSA; everything else is normal case and depends purely up on your luck; at least in my knowledge.

Hope for a no return application and keep waiting; patience is the only way to go here! Wish us all the best!!!

And finally just an update (based on forum time lines) for those with less attention span : CIC is opening the July last week applications now! So hope we will see this thread growing with updates from some early and lucky ones by end of next week.

September 22, 2014,
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 25, 2014.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Called up the 1800 CIC number and they now have a new automated system.
I went through the options and selected "Citizenship Application" status.

It said that if you sent in your application after June 19, 2014 - then it is not being processed yet.

At least they have some sort of automated system now. But with that said, I saw some end-July applicants getting their AOR already.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
It's been 4 weeks! Nothing in mailbox so hopefully sometimes next couple weeks will.
Any updates, you guys?

Cheers,

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my papers back today. They are requesting a copy of my old passport.
Any advices on returned papers to expedite the process?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
morzilla said:
Is it copies of all stamped pages or just the identification ones they want?

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
morzilla said:
Hi Morzilla,

When did they receive you application? could you please share your timeline?

Thanks

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asagalen said:
Hi Morzilla,

When did they receive you application? could you please share your timeline?

Thanks
his app was received on july 31st.

andyhuhero

Jan 16, 2013
Hi guys, i got my application returned today.
CIC received my case on August 1st.
In the return letter, it said 'the school records provided for yourself do not cover the 4 year period preceding the data of your application. Please send us a photocopy of school records for each of the 4 years during the relevant 4 year period.'
Here is my case
from 2010- 9 to 2011-6 , i studied outside Canada and i graduated in June 2011. Then i came back to Canada in 2011-07. I attended the master program from 2011-07 to 2014-06. I worked from 2013-09 till now.
I gave them my school records related to the degree i obtained in Canada. I sent them my transcript recoding all the courses and marks during
winter session 2011-2012,
summer session 2012,
winter session 2012-2013,
summer session 2013.
winter session 2013-2014
And i sent them my degree photocopy.
But it seems those documents are not enough at all. They even require my first year's oversea school records as well.
Could anyone help me to analyze why they return my application? I am so frustrated because it is totally futile for me to wait in the past two months. I thought cic only required the past three years' school records. Now i have to start from the beginning and then wait another two months because of such a minor issue. I am afraid i will get a second or third return in future. I am just so exhausted and tired. Fxck cic!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
andyhuhero said:
Hi guys, i got my application returned today.
CIC received my case on August 1st.
In the return letter, it said 'the school records provided for yourself do not cover the 4 year period preceding the data of your application. Please send us a photocopy of school records for each of the 4 years during the relevant 4 year period.'
Here is my case
from 2010- 9 to 2011-6 , i studied outside Canada and i graduated in June 2011. Then i came back to Canada in 2011-07. I attended the master program from 2011-07 to 2014-06. I worked from 2013-09 till now.
I gave them my school records related to the degree i obtained in Canada. I sent them my transcript recoding all the courses and marks during
winter session 2011-2012,
summer session 2012,
winter session 2012-2013,
summer session 2013.
winter session 2013-2014
And i sent them my degree photocopy.
But it seems those documents are not enough at all. They even require my first year's oversea school records as well.
Could anyone help me to analyze why they return my application? I am so frustrated because it is totally futile for me to wait in the past two months. I thought cic only required the past three years' school records. Now i have to start from the beginning and then wait another two months because of such a minor issue. I am afraid i will get a second or third return in future. I am just so exhausted and tired. Fxck cic!
Sorry to hear about your issue .

Did you submit your out of Canada degree ?

andyhuhero

Jan 16, 2013
informatics said:
Sorry to hear about your issue .

Did you submit your out of Canada degree ?
no i didn't. Because i thought they didn't care about the period i didn't stay in Canada. In the past four years, i spent the first year outside Canada. But then i lived, studied and worked in Canada for entire three years. I just gave them all the records i had in the past three years. i didn't predict that CIC became so picky now.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
andyhuhero said:
no i didn't. Because i thought they didn't care about the period i didn't stay in Canada. In the past four years, i spent the first year outside Canada. But then i lived, studied and worked in Canada for entire three years. I just gave them all the records i had in the past three years. i didn't predict that CIC became so picky now.
No actually they are very much ! Infact they do need education records for the last 4 years . .

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
andyhuhero said:
CIC states clearly that an applicant has to submit all Education +Work history and related documents since 4 years from the date you signed your application.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Guys, consider this : When you have your Ecas activated, don't rush to post it here. Otherwise some people will become miserable, knowing that their application was received before yours but no news so far, then would call CIC and start to give negative inputs by comparing around. Especially when you have gotten the test invitation, some people would feel like this is the end of the world, knowing applicants applied later could get that first.
Please understand that every application is unique on it's own, and not comparable to others, especially different office or region.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
BLT said:
Guys, consider this : When you have your Ecas activated, don't rush to post it here. Otherwise some people will become miserable, knowing that their application was received before yours but no news so far, then would call CIC and start to give negative inputs by comparing around. Especially when you have gotten the test invitation, some people would feel like this is the end of the world, knowing applicants applied later could get that first.
Please understand that every application is unique on it's own, and not comparable to others, especially different office or region.
Lol what? I think you're missing the point of this forum then. It's to report and be open and honest in a quick manner. What do feelings have to do with this?

If I post here then at least those who are waiting can take proactive action and start enquiring about their case through proper channels. I'm not going to suppress my excitement and happy feelings on the off chance that someone is going to get hurt about it. If anything, this forum is here to help them.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
ottawaResident said:
Lol what? I think you're missing the point of this forum then. It's to report and be open and honest in a quick manner. What do feelings have to do with this?

If I post here then at least those who are waiting can take proactive action and start enquiring about their case through proper channels. I'm not going to suppress my excitement and happy feelings on the off chance that someone is going to get hurt about it. If anything, this forum is here to help them.
I agree w you. Just post whatever u want. Your postings helps other ppl too. Many others would be grateful to you because your posts give them some hints what to expect. I believe that most of us are kindhearted ppl. They are not jealous of other members' early processed apps; but they have the rights to worry about their delayed apps. By the end of the day, everyone ' posts contribute to the success of others.