latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luigi60 said:
Hi Guys,

I received the acknowledge letter and the book last Friday. I have a question if somebody from this forum can answer to me. I am a senior, 56 years old. Regarding to the old process, I don't need to write a test. Why they send me the book? Could somebody tell me what is the procedure for seniors after receiving the acknowledged letter? Thanks.
Hi Luigio60,
Sending out the Discover Canada book is a normal part of the administrative process, everyone "should" get one... However, based on your senior status you will not be required to take the written test according to Cic's guidelines.

Hope this helps

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Also note that those applicants who received an EMAIL AOR (in an email from CIC) did not receive an envelope in the mail with the hard copy version of Discover Canada but were given a link to Discover Canada online in the EMAIL AOR.

So either you got it by mistake or it was as an FYI (regardless of the age factor)

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hello

I applied for ATIP last week and today I received following Email Response

the electronic citizenship file concerning *********** *********

I regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

Following a thorough search of our information holdings, I regret to inform you that no records were found that respond to your request with the information provided. Please provide/confirm your file number and location of embassy. To obtain your file number, please contact our Call Centre at 1-888-242‑2100.

If you wish to receive your permanent resident file, the consent of ******** **** is required to process your request and allow us to release your client's information to you. To be valid, a consent must be signed, recently dated, and indicate to whom authority is given with the printed name of the person giving consent. Ensure that the consent form is signed by all applicable parties, including client, principal applicant, sponsor and spouse if applicable, and ensure that the consent form has the signature date and date of birth. Furthermore, one of the boxes on the consent form under section D must be checked:
“I authorize CIC to release my personal information to the individual named above (by mail) or (by email)”

I also submit a case specific inquiry but haven't get any response yet, I am getting ready to submit another application by the end of next week.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torontonion said:
Hello

I applied for ATIP last week and today I received following Email Response

the electronic citizenship file concerning *********** *********

I regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

Following a thorough search of our information holdings, I regret to inform you that no records were found that respond to your request with the information provided. Please provide/confirm your file number and location of embassy. To obtain your file number, please contact our Call Centre at 1-888-242‑2100.

If you wish to receive your permanent resident file, the consent of ******** **** is required to process your request and allow us to release your client's information to you. To be valid, a consent must be signed, recently dated, and indicate to whom authority is given with the printed name of the person giving consent. Ensure that the consent form is signed by all applicable parties, including client, principal applicant, sponsor and spouse if applicable, and ensure that the consent form has the signature date and date of birth. Furthermore, one of the boxes on the consent form under section D must be checked:
“I authorize CIC to release my personal information to the individual named above (by mail) or (by email)”

I also submit a case specific inquiry but haven't get any response yet, I am getting ready to submit another application by the end of next week. I think my application mystery will solve only when the MH370 mystery will solve.
Oh my god. When did you summit your ATIP request? Have you ever talked to CIC agent? Were you told the sane thing? They don't see anything in the system? I made an ATIP request and haven't received anything as of yet. I will definitely follow up with what I get. As I am in the same boat like you. Speechless.

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
I talk to CIC agent every week of the last month, they have nothing in the system, I request for case specific inquiry on 20th November, still got nothing, I applied for AtIp last week and get this response, now I think its time to get ready for apply again, one question how did you send your application by canada post or by courier? :eek:

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Canada post

Torontonion said:
I talk to CIC agent every week of the last month, they have nothing in the system, I request for case specific inquiry on 20th November, still got nothing, I applied for AtIp last week and get this response, now I think its time to get ready for apply again, one question how did you send your application by canada post or by courier? :eek:

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I m basically going through the same thing. Prepared my new application today, I will send it by friday since i gotta do my photos again :(
I mean if there is going to be an update on my previous application, they will then disregard my new one eh. so its better not to waste more time
Canada post to
CPC-Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Best of luck
Torontonion said:

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
IRCanada

If your application was received on 15th of September you should wait couple of weeks before re apply. for us (August Applicants) situation is little bit different.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torontonion said:
I sent it by Fedex. I know it is more expensive than Canada post but my company has entered into a contract so it was way cheaper than Canada post.. I am not too sure about the quality.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well i mean if my old app goes into process, wont they just ignore my new application ?
Torontonion said:
IRCanada

If your application was received on 15th of September you should wait couple of weeks before re apply. for us (August Applicants) situation is little bit different.

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
zujal said:
Folks;

just got off the phone with CI. The lady advised me to send the application again. She advised me that it may have been returned and lost. Any suggestions or recommendations as to what should i do ?

I know IRCANADA is sending his/her again. What about CFBEBE, Torontonion and everybody else? I think we should have a quick chat and discuss what is to be sent. I can share my contact number with with everybody involved.

cheers
Hi Zujal,

We will send the application on January 2d if we haven't heard anything by then.
We will sent the same thing again (made a copy of all documents) but use the updated application form if there is one.
and we'll use a different colored envelope o no one might loose it!

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
@ IRCANADA

Dude, relax and calm down.

I was told the same exact information they told you. They recieved my application on August first before the vast majority of people here. I was the last one recieving anything.

I was so confused until Donvalley came and advised me to the specific case online. Two days after that, CIC emailed me back confirming that they have my application and it is in process.

If your application is not in the system, does not mean that they do not have it or they are not processing it.

For cic, no one knows how they work amd the whole application dates is just to relax people.
we did a case specific inquiry November 18th and where told it takes 2 weeks. but here we are dec 3 and still nothing.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why dont you just send a new application anyways?? better to buy yourself some time
cfbebe said:
we did a case specific inquiry November 18th and where told it takes 2 weeks. but here we are dec 3 and still nothing.

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Guys .. send en email to this one with those info

Email: Question@cic.gc.ca

Applicant Information
Name of Applicant:
DOB of Applicant:
Client ID Number:
File Number:
Telephone number:
Mobile number:
Type of Application: Citizenship (grant, proof, adoption)
Reciept Number:

Enquirer Information
Name of Enquirer:
Relationship to Applicant: Applicant
Email Address:
Telephone number:
Mobile number:
Consultant ICCRC No.:

Enquiry:
CIC recieved my application for citizenship grant on ---- and the person who recieved the regiestered mail signed it with --. It has been --- and I have not recieved back anything from CIC. I want to know the situation of my applcation please.