+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
Ok, my e-CAS is updated as well:

1 - We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 18, 2014.

2 - We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 18, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3 - We started processing your application on October 16, 2014.

However, I did not receive anything.

Good luck to all of you guys!

Further update to this:

My current address just appeared in e-CAS. Still no email.

Bellbury

Oct 15, 2014
Hello everyone.
I am new to this forum that i have already gotten a lot out of it.
My husband and I have applied for citizenship as a family in August, the application was received by cic on Aug 21, today my application was returned because it's incomplete, my husband's application was returned also in the same envelope but it had a cover letter that said: this application is complete but it's returned because you applied as a family.
I would appreciate if anyone could help me figure out the following:
- can my husband resend his application tomorrow as an individual or does he have to wait for me ?
- do we need to print the applications again and sign with the new date or we send them as is ( after i add the missing documents)
- after we resend do we have to wait 2 more months to start processing ?

Thank you very much.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bellbury said:
Hello everyone.
My husband and I have applied for citizenship as a family in August, the application was received by cic on Aug 21, today my application was returned because it's incomplete, my husband's application was returned also in the same envelope but it had a cover letter that said: this application is complete but it's returned because you applied as a family.
- can my husband resend his application tomorrow as an individual or does he have to wait for me ?
- do we need to print the applications again and sign with the new date or we send them as is ( after i add the missing documents)

Thank you very much.

uh if I am not mistaken you do not need to print applications again. All you need is attach the missing document to the application and a letter explaining that you have attached the required documents (Note: Leave the letter for the reason of return attached). Also, this is important because other documents have been checked and stapled together and I believe dated. Doing it this way will alert the officer that this is just a returned document. As for the time to start processing, I can't say if it will be longer or shorter than two months but, I do believe it may be shorter because all they have to do is cross check to see if you have satisfied the condition for the reason of return. Besides on other forums, I have seen people say that the start of processing for their second submission of returned application was much faster.

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am new here, I sent my application on 25 August 2014 and I am still waitting like most of you guys.

I hope we pass this stage smoothly.

Good luck to all.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Bellbury said:

Thank you very much.
Sorry to hear your applications returned.

1 & 2) He can resend his application alone but if the fee was paid together as single payment it will be better to re-send both together if possible. i.e. if you paid $800 as single payment and returned your husband's application alone, chances are that they will take one fee and return $400 back to you upon starting process of his application. Then may be you have to make another payment etc.etc.. If you paid by credit card there may be some other issues in refunding too...

Here is some excerpts from CIC guidelines which may help:

Guidelines
Same application may be used
It is not necessary for the applicant to submit a new application kit every time an application is returned for incompleteness. Unless the application is stale dated, post dated, unsigned or undated, the applicant may update the information on the current kit and re-sign and redate the application.

Family applications
A family application package will be returned if at least one application is incomplete. All applications of the package considered complete at the first submission will not need to be updated and may be resubmitted as is if the applicants choose to resubmit.

3) Unfortunately yes..your application will be "Received" and date stamped on the new arrival date but as dave3000 said from other threads on this forum it is visible that resend applications are processed on priority at least a week ahead.

Determining the date the application is received
The Minister receives the application when:
received in person or by mail at CPC-S

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Bellbury said:
Hello everyone.

Thank you very much.
Sorry to hear that . Would you like to share what documents were missing in your application ? That could be useful for future applicants.

Thanks

Bashar4

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear folks,

Its's been long time since I logged in this forum. However, I felt it is really necessary to join it now and share my experience in citizenship application process. Anyways. I applied for the citizenship at the 1st of August and just received the email below. My question is. Are we expecting the AOR and the book to be sent to us as a hard copy or is the email below enough. I have seen so many people who got their email notification in June and their online status shows nothing till now. Is the email system gonna be one addition obstacle that we should wait long to get rid of it. Please help.

Dear ....

This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/08/05.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons aged 18 to 54 years must meet language and knowledge requirements:

• You must know enough English or French to carry on a simple conversation.
• You must know enough about Canada's history, geography and government, and the rights and responsibilities of
citizenship to pass a written or oral test.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the study guide. The study guide
is available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp

When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will invite you
to a knowledge test, interview or ceremony, if applicable. Please visit our Web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ciizenship/cit-test.asp for information to prepare for these events.

It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone
number). Please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:

1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.

You may also call the Citizenship and Immigration Call Centre toll-free number at 1-888-242-2100.

Citizenship Official

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
asagalen said:
HiCanadiano

When i got my returned application it was sealed on a regular short brown envelop. my application received on august 14, 2014 and got the returned application on the mailbox on october 10, 2014. i think they sent out the letter on october 3 as the letter of incompleteness was dated october 3 too.
Hey asagalen,

Sorry to hear it. Based on the Google spreadsheet, both you and I have same received date of Aug 14, 2014. I still haven't heard anything from CIC re: my application. What made your application incomplete, if you don't mind sharing?

patientdog

Oct 2, 2014
Hello Bashar4, when did you receive your email confirmation. My application was received the same day as you but to data i have not received email from CIC and my application is not returned.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Rossei said:
Hey asagalen,

Sorry to hear it. Based on the Google spreadsheet, both you and I have same received date of Aug 14, 2014. I still haven't heard anything from CIC re: my application. What made your application incomplete, if you don't mind sharing?
Hi Rossei,

They returned my application because I submitted a CLBA result as a language proof. I had this result way back 2008 when I applied for Provincial nominee. The reason stated on the letter of incompleteness " The language proof provided is not in the list of acceptable language evidence".

I thought they would accept it as my friend submitted her application last year with the same CLBA language result as mine and it was accepted and currently in process at this time.

Anyway, I have a CELPIP LS test scheduled on November 15, So hopefully by last week of november I will resend my application.

Well good luck to your application. you should received returned application long before this time if your application were not accepted. Did you check your ECAS? check you spam folder too. be positive you will receive email soon . cheer ;D 8)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
asagalen said:
Hi Rossei,

They returned my application because I submitted a CLBA result as a language proof. I had this result way back 2008 when I applied for Provincial nominee. The reason stated on the letter of incompleteness " The language proof provided is not in the list of acceptable language evidence".

I thought they would accept it as my friend submitted her application last year with the same CLBA language result as mine and it was accepted and currently in process at this time.

Anyway, I have a CELPIP LS test scheduled on November 15, So hopefully by last week of november I will resend my application.

Well good luck to your application. you should received returned application long before this time if your application were not accepted. Did you check your ECAS? check you spam folder too. be positive you will receive email soon . cheer ;D 8)
Thanks for sharing and wishing. E-Cas has stopped working from my office network for last couple of days; it works fine when I go home. And I check my email constantly.

Good luck with your test and re-application.

Bashar4

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patientdog said:
Hello Bashar4, when did you receive your email confirmation. My application was received the same day as you but to data i have not received email from CIC and my application is not returned.

I received my email on October 14th.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Just logged in to spreadsheet to see some one screwed it all...hope the OPs restore it soon!

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
I think the spread sheet has just been restored.
Hi jrjayl,

Did you receive an AOR via mail after receiving the email AOR? Is your ECAS updated? How long it took after the email?

Thanks,