+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

PhBee

Aug 26, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
File Transfer...
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2014
Florida Bear said:
Congrats!! It's very exciting to see y'all getting such great news on your applications!

So basically after you get the DM it's just a wait for the CoPR to show up?

Fingers crossed indeed!! I'm wearing out my phone constantly checking for an email from CIC.. lol
Yes...and, it showed up today!!! I almost can't believe it! :eek:

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
PhBee said:
Same here, checked this morning and saw that it was DM! Said it had started being processed on Feb 26th, so I imagine that DM was updated on the Friday (as CIC seems to do). Here's hoping it means that the COPR's are en route.
Florida Bear - I hope you hear good news soon, too! You're right behind EC and I :)
It seems that they finish processing August applications faster than the ones filed in June.

Congrats guys.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
PhBee said:
Oh wow.. believe it!!! LOL That is such great news, super happy for ya!! :D

katester

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
Hi everyone,
I've been feeling pretty discouraged lately and haven't been check in. Today, March 5, I received and email saying my Right of PR fee needs to be paid with 60 days. What does this mean...as far as my process? I understand it means they want their money...but where do I stand now after getting this email? It also said my application was transfered to Ottawa, which I thought had already happened. The email also requested an update to my Canadian husbands pay stubs. What does that mean? We were already given sponsorship. Why do they want it again...even though we have the sponsorship approval, for health care reasons I am still living and working in NY, can they revoke the approval because we haven't used it?? I'm a little confused so any inputs would help

ExiledCanadian

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
24-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
PhBee said:
Ok, I now want to leave work and race home to check the mail, LOL.

Congrats!

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
katester said:
Hi everyone,
I've been feeling pretty discouraged lately and haven't been check in. Today, March 5, I received and email saying my Right of PR fee needs to be paid with 60 days. What does this mean...as far as my process? I understand it means they want their money...but where do I stand now after getting this email? It also said my application was transfered to Ottawa, which I thought had already happened. The email also requested an update to my Canadian husbands pay stubs. What does that mean? We were already given sponsorship. Why do they want it again...even though we have the sponsorship approval, for health care reasons I am still living and working in NY, can they revoke the approval because we haven't used it?? I'm a little confused so any inputs would help
I think that's a good sign if you are being asked to pay your fees. Last Friday CIC also asked for my husbands pay stubs and a letter from his employer which we sent on Monday. I have not read anywhere that the sponsors approval can be revoked, I'm sure in some crazy circumstance it could, but as someone else had stated they just want to make sure we are somewhat financially sound for the new life in Canada and not gonna hop right on welfare.

sidenote - sent the info to CIC via Canada Post - Priority. Was guaranteed to be in Ottawa the next day but took two days to deliver. Not sure if this is common with Canada Post but will use FedEx next time.. lol not worth the $38 if it's not there when they say it will be. ::)

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
katester said:
Hi everyone,
Hi,
I was also asked pay stubs by New Delhi while sponsoring my child last month. It seems like embassies are verifying cic missisaugas work. I heard that canadian citizens are asked these kind f things to verify whether they re moving in r not

ExiledCanadian

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
24-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
PhBee said:
Got home last night and found the COPR waiting. Immediately went and bought a bottle of wine, put it and the envelope on the table and waited for my husband to get home from work so we could celebrate.

The only thing that seemed odd is that the COPR says my husband has to land before August 6. I thought you had to land within a year of your medical exam and he had his exam in June, 2013. Is it a year from the date of the medical exam, or a year from the date CIC receives the medical report?

It's nice to have the extra time because we still need to sell the house, but we'd been thinking we would have to leave by June and were surprised when we saw an August date.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
ExiledCanadian said:
Got home last night and found the COPR waiting. Immediately went and bought a bottle of wine, put it and the envelope on the table and waited for my husband to get home from work so we could celebrate.

The only thing that seemed odd is that the COPR says my husband has to land before August 6. I thought you had to land within a year of your medical exam and he had his exam in June, 2013. Is it a year from the date of the medical exam, or a year from the date CIC receives the medical report?

It's nice to have the extra time because we still need to sell the house, but we'd been thinking we would have to leave by June and were surprised when we saw an August date.
That is so awesome! Congrats!!!

Hey if CIC is giving ya extra time might as well make use of it.. lol

ExiledCanadian

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
24-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
Florida Bear said:
That is so awesome! Congrats!!!

Hey if CIC is giving ya extra time might as well make use of it.. lol
Thanks, Bear (is it ok if I call you Bear?) :)

I think we are still going to shoot for landing in June. I'd hate to miss the summer in Edmonton and get there just in time for winter, LOL. Mind you, this winter has been so cold in Indiana, I told my husband it was nature's way of preparing him for Canada.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Absolutely! :)

I don't blame you on not wanting to miss summer, hear they are beautiful up in Canada.

judging from the stories I've heard about the cold up north this year, he will be well prepared for Canadian winter.. lol

PhBee

Aug 26, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
File Transfer...
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2014
ExiledCanadian said:

Wooohooo! Congrats! Yeah, the deadline for DH is a few weeks after the expiry of his medicals too. Not frowning on extra time, that's for sure!

As for the winter, I've been joking with DH that with the unusually cold weather PA has been getting, he's getting a good intro to a Canadian winter. Though, it'll still be colder here I downplay that a bit (I don't want to scare him off! :p)

sangela

Sep 16, 2013
Got the much coveted 'Decision Made' on my husband's ecas today 3/7. So psyched!!! I swear I've been checking several times a day EVERYDAY for the past 7 months just to see these words. We got PPR on 2/24 and faxed over his passport page the very next day. Today 2 more lines added to ecas showed that they started processing his application on 3/4 and had reached a decision. Hope to see the COPR in the mailbox soon!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
gratsssssss :) which Visa Office?

sangela said:
Got the much coveted 'Decision Made' on my husband's ecas today 3/7. So psyched!!! I swear I've been checking several times a day EVERYDAY for the past 7 months just to see these words. We got PPR on 2/24 and faxed over his passport page the very next day. Today 2 more lines added to ecas showed that they started processing his application on 3/4 and had reached a decision. Hope to see the COPR in the mailbox soon!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Hi - I sent in our outland (Manila) application end of January. Waiting (hoping) to have my SA any day now. Looking at the spreadsheet here it appears that not one of the applicants via Manila have received even an AOR from there to date. Is that correct, i.e. is everyone updating their status? Going on six months after SA's and NO AOR's from Manila VO yet? That's not encouraging if true. Hope to hear from some of the Manila applicants...! (and hope you get some news/progress soon!)