+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is probably my LAST post .. thank you for staying with me for 9 long months .
i just got my citizen certificate from OTTAWA..
thank you for your help and support and encouragement..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MY TIME LINE ----------------
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 22, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2013.

We sent you a notice on March 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 27, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 10, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c0mputer said:
this is probably my LAST post .. thank you for staying with me for 9 long months .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MY TIME LINE ----------------
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 22, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on March 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 27, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 10, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations ^_^

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
c0mputer said:

Congrats! :D

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
c0mputer said:

Congratulations!!

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Received oath invitation letter today for all four of us including both the kids. Oath date is on 24th June at 1:00PM at Scarborough.

Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Morning Augusturs !!!

Just checked my application status online to find out that my citizenship test is scheduled for July 7 :) :)

Here is my complete timeline:

Office: Montreal
Application received: 7 August 2013
In process: 17 Oct 2013
received line disappeared: first week of May
Citizenship test: 7 July 2014

I still did not yet receive the letter by post as it was sent on June 12.

surething

Jan 6, 2014
:D My turn at last!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 16, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 24, 2013.

We sent you a notice on June 9, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on June 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 27, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

surething

Jan 6, 2014
Does someone know what a `photocopy of a landing document is`? What do they mean by `landing document`?: is it the confirmation of permanent residence or the stamp in the passport when you arrived the first time?

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
fromMontrealWithLove said:
Morning Augusturs !!!

Just checked my application status online to find out that my citizenship test is scheduled for July 7 :) :)

Here is my complete timeline:

Office: Montreal
Application received: 7 August 2013
In process: 17 Oct 2013
received line disappeared: first week of May
Citizenship test: 7 July 2014

I still did not yet receive the letter by post as it was sent on June 12.
Congratulations!!

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
surething said:
:D My turn at last!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 16, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 24, 2013.

We sent you a notice on June 9, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on June 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 27, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations!!

Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surething said:
Does someone know what a `photocopy of a landing document is`? What do they mean by `landing document`?: is it the confirmation of permanent residence or the stamp in the passport when you arrived the first time?
I believe they refer to the document "IMM 5292". google it. hope that helps.

surething

Jan 6, 2014
fromMontrealWithLove said:
I believe they refer to the document "IMM 5292". google it. hope that helps.
Thank you, I ended up googling it and it turns out that landing document is the older name of the confirmation of permanent resident - before 2002 - called 'record of landing' but they still sprinkle it here and there.

sweetguy4u

Mar 5, 2008
Here is my time line..
Application received - August 2nd 2013
Started Processing - October 9th 2013
Fingerprint request letter - March 2014
Province - Ontario
local office - Windsor
Days at the time of application 1104
Test date June 12th-Date on letter May 29th. E-cas update 1st week of June.

On test day

Test was simple-Everything was asked from Discover Canada.Got 20/20.Some of the questions required common sense.
After test,there was a short interview,Officer checked the passport entry and exit stamps and tallied them with the application.Asked questions about family,work.Did not look at any other document except passport and ID's(License and Health card).
Finally,officer told he has no concerns with my application and would recommend it to the judge for final steps.

Hope you guys get your test/oath soon and all the best for your future endeavors.I will keep you guys updated.