+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2011 applicants lets get the waiting game started :)

easykiwi

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
11-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-02-2012
Ryffa_Q said:
hi everyone,
Congrats essex!! Just thought i'd update you all on my landing process. Still suffering jetlag ;D

Since it was under such short notice, and not doing a permanent move after first landing, this may not be applicable to all:

Landed at vancouver airport wed nite, ard 8.30pm. Went straight to immigration counter and was directed to the new immigrants counter. Officer asked for passport and declaration card. No smiles, just a somber welcome to canada. Cancelled my PR visa, stamp stamp then guide me to the new immigrant office. had to take number from a nice lady who was in a rush to go home, she provided me some leaflets, 2012 diary, told me to get my SIN and gave me meds form and ticket number to process the COPR papers.

Here's the funny part, 5 officers were working, 2 caucasian ladies, 2 chinese looking dude and 1 indian lady.
One of the ladies was having a difficult time with a philipino family, cause they didnt understand english and she kept saying she was frustrated but she stamped them anyways after some time. And lucky me, i got her as my officer. So casually walking up to the counter, she said hi, how are you, to which i replied, good thanks, yourself? to which she replied, not too good, to which i automatically responded yeah, it shows...it just came out of my mouth.... :p to which she promptly turned to her colleague in the next counter, laugh and said, i think someone does not want to be in canada today ;D

Anyways, she continued to process me, glad i made her laugh, she asked how much money i had with me, didnt ask me to show it though, checked if the address on the copr is correct to send the PR, which she corrected as it was hubby's work address, asked if i had any kids, i said 2 non accompanying, she said they are not in the system, i said they should be coz i did the medicals for them, then she ask why they are not accompanying, yada yada yada, signed 3 places on the copr and am done. She did warned me PR card will be ready in 2 months and to not leave before that as she will not allow me in without the pr card or visa. I told her u meant Travel Document rite? And she was like, yeah whatever. Then i showed the the B4 form and she said i cant sign that coz i cant see what u brought in.

Anyways, since i didnt have any goods to follow, only my accompanying personal items in my 3 suitcases, i.e. Clothes, shoes, handbags, phones, ipad, camera, i just went to pick up my luggage and walk through customs. Cant be bothered to show them the B4 forms anymore. he didn't stopped me when i passed him my stamped declaration form either. Then on wards to see a familiar face i havent seen in 8 months...

Going to get my SIN today. So wish me luck on another bureaucratic procedure, hubby says they are nicer as they get to tax you..so they welcome you with arms wide open ;) sorry for the long post, i'll update more later and to those still waiting, enjoy your hometown while u can, i miss it already :)
Hey Ryffa, Congratulations on landing bet it was AMAZING to see your husband again!

I hope to be landing in the next month or so, and would be interested to hear how you got on with getting your SIN? I know not all Service Canada offices work the same but I don't really have a clue about this stuff yet.

Also did you have the Visa (counterfoil) in your passport? I'd be interested to hear how things work now the CIC don't give counterfoils to those with PP's from countries that don't require a Visa.

Thanks!

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
thought i would let you guys know still noting with my wifes file really depressed sucks blls not happy at all her paper work is in syria damscus

Ironboy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22
Well it may or may not mean something, my wife's address disappeared from Ecas today.
I guess we are all so hopeful that any change is a big deal!
Congratulations to all who are having happy results !

Z

zancotelo

I'm new here too!...

They received my application on August 9, sponsor approval on Oct 15, Quebec approval on Nov 15, Medical test did last week and it should be there by now (or close I hope), police certificates deliver on dec 19...

My wife is sponsoring me from Canada (10 years from marriage and 7&9 y.o. kids), we are doing this process from Mexico office (I'm waiting outside Canada at Mexico)...how much longer do you think it will take?...

mrbeam

Dec 6, 2010
Ayad, don't worry too much, we're all in the same boat. It's all in the hands of the VO right now. There really is very little we can do to help expedite the process. It isn't that nothing is happening but that it is nearing Christmas and Year end, the VO is busily doing their job before their holidays.

In the meantime, just hope for the best.

BTW my address also has disappeared from ECAS, the case of the missing ECAS continues~

DodaP

Dec 19, 2011
I wonder why would mean good or bad news that your address was disappearing from the e-cas?
I have worked with webpages and this means nothing but that somebody screwed up and uploaded a different file than the one to be uploaded... wondering why they would have to touch a fixed file loke your address, they've got nothing to do with that except to send you the information.
that's weird, somebody working at the e-cas should explain me the technicallities of their system haha.
no news for me yet, same old! Decision made, don't know the direction! :-\

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2011
File Transfer...
29-09-2011
Med's Done....
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
DodaP said:
no news for me yet, same old! Decision made, don't know the direction! :-\
Hi DodaP

I am in a similar situation as you are. Going through Paris as a Swiss citizen. On December 12th "desicion made" showed up on ecas on my pr application but no letter or email yet. Hope to get news soon!

BTW, does anybody know if I have to send my original passport to Paris or will I just receive a confirmation letter for immigration? Yes, I am confident!

Greets

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
zancotelo said:
I'm new here too!...

They received my application on August 9, sponsor approval on Oct 15, Quebec approval on Nov 15, Medical test did last week and it should be there by now (or close I hope), police certificates deliver on dec 19...

My wife is sponsoring me from Canada (10 years from marriage and 7&9 y.o. kids), we are doing this process from Mexico office (I'm waiting outside Canada at Mexico)...how much longer do you think it will take?...
Is your wife a canadian citizen or PR?

funky

Star Member
Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2011
Med's Done....
27th June 2011
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
9th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Leaving on 18th Feb 2012
GUYS address disappear from ECAS today...

DodaP

Dec 19, 2011
Hello 1291, that's my case as well! Through Paris, I'm Spaniard. Decision made on the 16th or the 19th, we are not sure, we last checked on the 15th but they hadn't changed the status.
Congratulations, fingers crossed to recieve the good news before New Year's Eve,...!
I don't know about the passport. My experience is that they would not require it and would provide the letter right away. However, that was with the Student Visa, so it might be different.
How long did they take to make the decision, counting from the day they start working on your file? They took them less than a week with me :-\ :'(

1291 said:
Hi DodaP

I am in a similar situation as you are. Going through Paris as a Swiss citizen. On December 12th "desicion made" showed up on ecas on my pr application but no letter or email yet. Hope to get news soon!

BTW, does anybody know if I have to send my original passport to Paris or will I just receive a confirmation letter for immigration? Yes, I am confident!

Greets

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2011
File Transfer...
29-09-2011
Med's Done....
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
DodaP said:
How long did they take to make the decision, counting from the day they start working on your file? They took them less than a week with me :-\ :'(
They startet processing the application on November 28, 2011 and ecas changed to "decision made" on December 12, 2011. Hope thats good news!

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
easykiwi said:
Hey Ryffa, Congratulations on landing bet it was AMAZING to see your husband again!

I hope to be landing in the next month or so, and would be interested to hear how you got on with getting your SIN? I know not all Service Canada offices work the same but I don't really have a clue about this stuff yet.

Also did you have the Visa (counterfoil) in your passport? I'd be interested to hear how things work now the CIC don't give counterfoils to those with PP's from countries that don't require a Visa.

Thanks!
Hey easikiwi, it was amazing to be back in canada and see my husband after 8 months. Thanks for the wishes. I got my SIN last week, they were really nice and all, it took me less than 30mins. hubby says they are nicer coz it means u r taxable :p

Got my number right away but the card itself would take 10 business days. The officer also advised never to give it out to anyone except once u r hired for work, or banker if necessary. Other than that keep it to myself. He also told me to get a BC ID or driver's license so i dont have to carry my COPR or PR card around and to keep the original passport with the visa counterfoil stamped inside even if i renew my passport. I checked on CIC and my PR card is not even processed yet..sigh..am leaving in 2 weeks...

I hope your landing will be as smooth, happy holidays and merry xmas!!

funky

Star Member
Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2011
Med's Done....
27th June 2011
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
9th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Leaving on 18th Feb 2012
2nd day and address is still not there on ECAS..

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Hi Ryffa, I am new in this forum. I just need to ask izzit the waiting time for Family Sponsorship in Kuala Lumpur is 11 months or more faster? I saw your application have been approved in 4 months? So if minus the waiting time for the assessment of the sponsor, your waiting time in Kuala Lumpur Visa office is only 2 months? It is so fast and so smoothly. Congrat...