+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2010(or later) applications sent to CIC(AINP stream)

swats

Jan 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22, 2009
Nomination.....
April 15,2010
AOR Received.
August 15, 2010
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
Univander : I have sent my passports to Buffalo office for PR stamp. on 31st July. I wanted to know, in how much time can I expect my passports back? how much time did it take you to get them back?

Everyone : Can anyone else tell - in how much time will we get our passports back . Sent them for PR stamp on 31st July. Is there anay way to expedite it. I really need my passport because I have other travel plans!!

THANKS,

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
All,

My information is missing on ECAS completely today. do not know the reason yet. could be some issue with the system or it could be that they do not show applications that have not started processing. My status was "Application Received" till yesterday. sent an email to Buffalo now. will update once I hear anything back from them. Please let e know if anyone has experienced it?

Thanks!

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats your timeline Sri?

Sri19 said:
All,

My information is missing on ECAS completely today. do not know the reason yet. could be some issue with the system or it could be that they do not show applications that have not started processing. My status was "Application Received" till yesterday. sent an email to Buffalo now. will update once I hear anything back from them. Please let e know if anyone has experienced it?

Thanks!

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
forberta, please find my time line below:

Category: AINP
Visa Office: Buffalo
Application sent to CIC: Sept 24, 2010
AOR : 2nd week of April 2011
Med's request : 2nd week of April 2011
Med's received by OTTAWA: 2nd week of May 2011

forberta said:
Whats your timeline Sri?

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sri,

My address disappeared and came back that same day. But I think it might be some maintenance thing for the website. (They have a notice at top of the page for maintenance on the weekend)

Sri19 said:
forberta, please find my time line below:

Category: AINP
Visa Office: Buffalo
Application sent to CIC: Sept 24, 2010
AOR : 2nd week of April 2011
Med's request : 2nd week of April 2011
Med's received by OTTAWA: 2nd week of May 2011

swats

Jan 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22, 2009
Nomination.....
April 15,2010
AOR Received.
August 15, 2010
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
So I got my passports back and now its time for landing!! I am thinking of doing Landing in Calgary!!
any suggestions. Do I have to give a local Calgary or Edmonton address?

Does it have to be residential? I know someone in edmonton but he will be shifting his apartment in a month or so..

any suggestions..on what should I do? Also..looks like the photo specs have changed? what are the new specs?

ivan1007

Dec 21, 2010
WOW!!!!!
Only about 15-16 days and you already got you passport back!!!
That's great!!! My Congr!!!!
Buffalo is not slow.
Good Luck Swats and Bless landing to Canada.

PRmein

Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 31 2010
Nomination.....
Jun 21 2010
Med's Request
Feb 3 2011
Med's Done....
Mar 10 2011
Passport Req..
Aug 11 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2011
Everyone, I received my request for passports last week. Sorry for being a little late in updating. Here are some of the details of the letter I received by e-mail:

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance. Your permanent resident visa can only be issued at our office in Detroit.......Based on the validity date of your medical examination results, your immigrant visa will be valid to 17-02-2012.........The visa expiry date cannot be extended. If you fail to provide the passport(s) and/or the Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s), your application will be closed when the medical validity has expired."

A question for the seniors:
Once I send my passport for visa, will they give me a new date by which I'll have to land in Canada or is it still going to be 17th February 2012?

Thanks for all the help guys!!

AB_SUN

Mar 5, 2011
PRmein said:
Everyone, I received my request for passports last week. Sorry for being a little late in updating. Here are some of the details of the letter I received by e-mail:

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance. Your permanent resident visa can only be issued at our office in Detroit.......Based on the validity date of your medical examination results, your immigrant visa will be valid to 17-02-2012.........The visa expiry date cannot be extended. If you fail to provide the passport(s) and/or the Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s), your application will be closed when the medical validity has expired."

Once I send my passport for visa, will they give me a new date by which I'll have to land in Canada or is it still going to be 17th February 2012?

Congratulation!!..as far as I've read it will valid till only till your medical date.

AB_SUN

Mar 5, 2011
Guys - I've a situation here, my H1B 6 years is completed recently. I did not apply for US green card since I applied for Canadian PR. Now I am on dependent visa based on my wife's visa here in the US. I applied for Canadian PR on AINP in September last,completed my medicals,my file has also been transferred to Detroit office. Now the question is will there be any issue in getting the PR visa from the consulate due my change of status or will it be OK. Please provide some guidance.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
forberta, actually I noticed that my file number got changed. below is the response from buffalo, and they had put my old number and new number which starts with "EP000*****" in the subject of email, but did not mention anything about the change. Now I am able to see my information on ECAS using the new number only.

has any experience it? my old file number starts with B and new one is "EP000*****"
does it mean the file got transferred to a new office?

reply from buffalo:
"Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

Thanks.

forberta said:
Thanks Sri,

My address disappeared and came back that same day. But I think it might be some maintenance thing for the website. (They have a notice at top of the page for maintenance on the weekend)

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations PRmein on getting your PPR. What date did you get the email?

PRmein said:

johanna19782002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
Hello Guys,

I have gotten today my passports back from seattle. Now just I have to cross the border in order to active the PR. So happy this process is done.

Seattle was quite efficient to provide the Stamp, my passports arrived Friday August 5th (because FEDEX delays), they stamped the PR August 9th and they sent my passports Friday 12th. Finally, my passport arrived today because Fedex delays also.

After suffer too much cause Fedex, I am very happy to see the stamps in my family's passport :)

Have good Luck in your process and my best wishes,

Johanna

shan_e_haider

Oct 14, 2010
PRmein said:

congratulations.