+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUG -SEPT '12 Temporary Working Permit CEM NBI's Letter of Explanation

maphi2199

Dec 7, 2012
Hi everyone!
I am expecting CEM will contact me because I got a remark on my NBI Clearance "No Criminal Record". But, I haven't been contacted by the CEM until today. I already had my MEDs done last September 22. Is that "Letter of Explanation" really needed? And, will it affect my application?

ruthinte

Mar 15, 2013
Hello,

Just want to ask, if the CEM phoned you for the interview or ask explanation letter from nbi? were in the same case, my husband got a remark" no criminal record on file" so we expecting the CIC will ask supporting docs or explanation letter from nbi manila.

Please let me know what are the process you went through...

thank.. :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruthinte said:
Hello,

Just want to ask, if the CEM phoned you for the interview or ask explanation letter from nbi? were in the same case, my husband got a remark" no criminal record on file" so we expecting the CIC will ask supporting docs or explanation letter from nbi manila.

Please let me know what are the process you went through...

thank.. :)
Well "no criminal record on file" means your husband has no pending case, no derogatory record or any record of having committed any illegal act or crime within the Philippines as known by the NBI.

That is actually very good. :). No need for any explanation.

/Good luck...

ruthinte

Mar 15, 2013
Hello, Are you sure? I mean. Am so happy to know that no explanation needed, but as far as I know, the remark from NBI should be "no record on file".. Did you have same experienced? Please explain to me and thank you;)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruthinte said:
Hello, Are you sure? I mean. Am so happy to know that no explanation needed, but as far as I know, the remark from NBI should be "no record on file".. Did you have same experienced? Please explain to me and thank you;)
The only way to allay your fears and be sure - have your husband go to any NBI office and ask what those remarks mean.

Those remarks mean the same - as long as he does not have any criminal record, any record (pending case etc.) or no report against him (no derogatory record) - then his record is "clean". Feel free to get a second opinion/explanation from others in the forum to satisfy your uncertainty.

/Good Luck....

ruthinte

Mar 15, 2013
My husband is here with me now in Canada.. We applied for permanent resident, and in the last stage of process. If we don't get call from immigration then probably we are good. I'll let you know what will happen. Thanks for help;) ;)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruthinte said:
My husband is here with me now in Canada.. We applied for permanent resident, and in the last stage of process. If we don't get call from immigration then probably we are good. I'll let you know what will happen. Thanks for help;) ;)
That should be fine. My other PCCs from other countries required of me also had different remarks - No Record, No Record on File and No Findings or Records. As you are in Canada, you can take advantage of getting GCMS notes to see the remarks on your application file after you have submitted your supporting docs.

See here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

They are free for residents in Canada. You will see the progress of your application and see if your medical, criminality, and other checks have been completed and are OK. Takes 1 month to get the results.

/Good luck..