+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
So guys/gals, got the GCMS notes finally. Its the course that screwed me as we predicted. I did not mention its benefits to me in the SOP properly. Also I think they saw my engineering back logs or score as less. Let me know what you guys think, and how to address this in my SOP. Please...
======
Office: CPC Edmonton
Text: On review of all information including PA's previous employment and educational history,
their motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable.
Client has obtained a Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering 2008. PA
is requesting to take a Computer Software and Database Development Program. PA has worked as a
Senior Automation Consultant from 2016 to 2017, Senior Automation Engineer from 2017 to 2019, and
Senior Associate from 2019 to present.
Chosen program and course content at the college level at such expense appears illogical/ redundant
in light of the PA's reported scholarly/work history, thus the proposed program does not adequately
demonstrate a logical progression of studies, hence I am not satisfied that applicant would not
have already achieved the benefits of this program.
Client has not satisfied me that the course of study is reasonable given the high cost of
international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits.
Considering previous academic performance, employment history, and relevance of the proposed course
of study, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada and would
depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused as per R216 (1)
(b).

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
So guys/gals, got the GCMS notes finally. Its the course that screwed me as we predicted. I did not mention its benefits to me in the SOP properly. Also I think they saw my engineering back logs or score as less. Let me know what you guys think, and how to address this in my SOP. Please...
======
Text: On review of all information including PA's previous employment and educational history,
their motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable.
Client has obtained a Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering 2008. PA
is requesting to take a Computer Software and Database Development Program. PA has worked as a
Senior Automation Consultant from 2016 to 2017, Senior Automation Engineer from 2017 to 2019, and
Chosen program and course content at the college level at such expense appears illogical/ redundant
in light of the PA's reported scholarly/work history, thus the proposed program does not adequately
demonstrate a logical progression of studies, hence I am not satisfied that applicant would not
Client has not satisfied me that the course of study is reasonable given the high cost of
international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits.
Considering previous academic performance, employment history, and relevance of the proposed course
of study, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada and would
depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused as per R216 (1)
(b).
No, they didn't read your SOP and reviewed any documents. The reasons are from the template they use. There is no reference of any information from any documents other than the study permit application form.

• Haha
Reactions: yesWeCanada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know buddy, I've learned my lesson that you cannot be totally honest in your application with IRCC. They like things sugar-coated and blatant lies in their application and only then do they give people study permits. Well, so be it!

My GCMS notes took more than 60 days which is what delayed my reapplication as well. Did you read the latest memo IRCC issued? They have messed up big time with the PR applications and are now saying the backlogs can take as long as 36 months to clear. Guess what, they are blaming COVID, literally, every small company and govt from 3rd world countries have adapted and fixed things(heck, even made it faster) and here we are, Canadian authorities waiting for things to get better. Im also looking at Ireland, to be honest, so fed up with unfair Canadian systems.
Many people have been infected or had children infected with Covid and therefore had to take sick days. That is likely the reason for delays. Repeatedly ordering GCMS notes if you haven’t received your first copy just creates more delays.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
======
(b).
Without your SOP your choice of study doesn’t make sense. Your choice to return to school as a senior consultant would only make sense for a very advanced degree. To justify studying in Canada and spending all that money you would need to see a huge career progression for it to be justified.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Without your SOP your choice of study doesn’t make sense. Your choice to return to school as a senior consultant would only make sense for a very advanced degree. To justify studying in Canada and spending all that money you would need to see a huge career progression for it to be justified.
I agree that without SOP it does not make sense. But I really want to do this course. Honestly, no BS.
I am not changing the program. Since its the program I want. Test automation engineers know coding but they are no way close to being a developer. Because that involves coding at a much higher standards and they need to know how to run the system. Their code is exposed to millions of customer traffic, code should be optimized. The whole works. Test automation does not need deep knowledge, in short we are script writers and our code is not exposed to customers ever.
So basically I want to stay in technical side although I am in senior position. So all the jobs I get now are manager positions which I dont want to do. Test automation is also not paying well with dead-end technically deprived jobs. Which I see as a problem for me to keep my earning potential healthy. So now I either have to switch to managerial position or become like a QA Architect which are rare in the wild and diminishing. So I am thinking if I have to put so much effort why not become a developer and bring a whole new world for me to compete. Plus I am no longer interested in doing testing job. Mentally I am done with it. I cant.
Universities are tough because of my grades, but still I will try to find one and see I get lucky. But how to justify that switch now. Still its a decent change.
I will mention in the sop that in India you cant just switch to developer roles without the experience, so hence I need this course for the knowledge and the co-op condition it has to get graduate certificate. This will give me credibility back home that I have work experience as a developer.
But what if they dont read the SOP?!!!! :confused:

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
I agree that without SOP it does not make sense. But I really want to do this course. Honestly, no BS.
I am not changing the program. Since its the program I want. Test automation engineers know coding but they are no way close to being a developer. Because that involves coding at a much higher standards and they need to know how to run the system. Their code is exposed to millions of customer traffic, code should be optimized. The whole works. Test automation does not need deep knowledge, in short we are script writers and our code is not exposed to customers ever.
So basically I want to stay in technical side although I am in senior position. So all the jobs I get now are manager positions which I dont want to do. Test automation is also not paying well with dead-end technically deprived jobs. Which I see as a problem for me to keep my earning potential healthy. So now I either have to switch to managerial position or become like a QA Architect which are rare in the wild and diminishing. So I am thinking if I have to put so much effort why not become a developer and bring a whole new world for me to compete. Plus I am no longer interested in doing testing job. Mentally I am done with it. I cant.
Universities are tough because of my grades, but still I will try to find one and see I get lucky. But how to justify that switch now. Still its a decent change.
I will mention in the sop that in India you cant just switch to developer roles without the experience, so hence I need this course for the knowledge and the co-op condition it has to get graduate certificate. This will give me credibility back home that I have work experience as a developer.
But what if they dont read the SOP?!!!! :confused:
If you certain that this is the right course for you, then that's it! Write a SOP straight from the heart, if it's no BS it will show.
Often, we start looking at things from other's POV, which does not make sense because it's you telling your own story. If you are convinced, don't second guess yourself. But write the SOP well, a stranger will read it and you don't know how long his attention span is! Make it personal, reader friendly and make sure that every sentence you write belongs there.

And I am quite sure they read the SOP

Reactions: yesWeCanada

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
If you certain that this is the right course for you, then that's it! Write a SOP straight from the heart, if it's no BS it will show.
Often, we start looking at things from other's POV, which does not make sense because it's you telling your own story. If you are convinced, don't second guess yourself. But write the SOP well, a stranger will read it and you don't know how long his attention span is! Make it personal, reader friendly and make sure that every sentence you write belongs there.

And I am quite sure they read the SOP
Yeah I really need this course. Let me write a new SOP, I will share when its done via DM. Thank you

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
I received notes after almost two months. The crazy part is that they've mentioned that I did not declare any education history from 2015 to present. When I have actually completed my Masters towards end of 2017.

How do we trust the "software" that they use when there are mistakes of this kind.

First reason was "pandemic", second "Afghan Crisis", and from now on it may be "Ukraine". I'm not inhumane. Glad they help people but it's our money that's just stuck there. Also will they deduct a certain amount from our GIC incase we withdraw?

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
I received notes after almost two months. The crazy part is that they've mentioned that I did not declare any education history from 2015 to present. When I have actually completed my Masters towards end of 2017.

How do we trust the "software" that they use when there are mistakes of this kind.

First reason was "pandemic", second "Afghan Crisis", and from now on it may be "Ukraine". I'm not inhumane. Glad they help people but it's our money that's just stuck there. Also will they deduct a certain amount from our GIC incase we withdraw?
When did you apply ?

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021

Their bot systems are useless. They are filtering out applications with zero human approach. I read somewhere that they have preset filters like, education gap, age, demographic, etc. which will already make your application high risk if you are on the higher side of it. Also the bots are used mostly for third world countries as you can see someone applying from a more affluent country will get study permit no matter what their profile is. I get it, Canada does not want people to come and overstay their visa regulations but at least give a fair chance to those who want to study, apply for PR and settle legally.

I believe it is right thing to priorities people going through war and crisis. But at the same time, they should also understand that mental health is equally important. People have been going through depression and lives destroyed because the bot made a bad decision. Most of the time IRCC is inefficient because of its own doing, laziness or lack of setting priorities and goals. Every time there is a crisis they see it an an excuse to cover up the mess they created.

Oh, and not to forget the thousands of dollars you have invested and sitting in Canadian banks for years from students.

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....