+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Sorry to hear that man..
Even I got refusal for the same reason.. I have raised webform for reconsideration.. got response that they have received the documents and forwarded to the concerned office.
let's see what they do now..
Good luck my friend. I am also putting it for reconsideration. But we might wait until the GCMS notes, but if its reconsideration in my opinion there is no need to wait for gcms I think, since its almost the same file. Just change SOP and add some more details based on our assumption of refusal reasons.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Finally got PPR after a long wait. This was the first thread I joined in on back in September. My timeline:

File submitted: 20th sept 2021
Biometric: Oct 7th 2021
Medical passed: Oct 13th 2021
Eligibility review started: 29th Nov 2021
Ghost Update: 2nd December 2021
BVL and PPR: 3rd December 2021

Been a wild ride
Congratulations!! Awesome...
Good luck on the further preps :)

Reactions: Freecanman

Deepak6591

Oct 8, 2021
Good luck my friend. I am also putting it for reconsideration. But we might wait until the GCMS notes, but if its reconsideration in my opinion there is no need to wait for gcms I think, since its almost the same file. Just change SOP and add some more details based on our assumption of refusal reasons.
Exactly, I didn't wait for the GCMS notes. It takes around 30 days to get it.. I just justified for the refusal reason and attached some more documents. Let's see what happens now.

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi, thank you.
Its a graduate certificate, not just a diploma. Yeah, masters make sense for sure but I could not get a seat. I was told I was not eligible for masters because of the percentages I have in BE. Now I have to see how to transfer the funds to another institution if I decide to get masters seat. I will look into this.
I thought funds are enough since it will cover 2 years fees and 1 year expense. For next year expenses I will be getting support from my investments or from my wife. I did not mention that because it was enough for the SDS!
I felt Canada immigration policy was helpful for students. I genuinely do, but yeah will try and change it also. Consultant had put the details of job opportunities in India in the cover letter. And I have my family back in India. So not sure.
I feel its luck but I have to make a proper attempt next time.

Thank you again!
Hello brother, I wanted to know is Ontario graduate certificate is the same as Post graduation diploma? I've done Bachelors in Accounting and wanted to go for a Diploma in Accounting at Humber but VO has refused my application twice. Although I wanted to stay with Diploma in accounting, considering VO I've decided to change the program to PGD. However, I couldn't see any PGD in Humber program list they have Ontario Graduate certificate in professional accounting.

if possible, pls guide. Thanks

zubinmatie

Sep 11, 2015
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank God!
Got PPR request today 4pm. Family of 4, Age 42
Applied together with spouse and kids
Applied on 3rd August 2021 SDS
Biometric given on 10th Aug.
Medical updated for Primary applicant and Kids on 27th Aug
Eligibility review started on 2nd Oct.
Spouse medical updated on 3rd Nov
4 PPR+ 3BVL (BVL for 3 of us and Minor kid Biometric exempt so No BVL) for all on 02-Dec. From Delhi

My age is 42, Applied as family / MBA at Vancouver. Kids aged 12 and 16
Last study 2007, work exp. 18 yrs in total.

Everyone pls keep hope, especially those who applied 35+, 40+

Thank you All for your guidance. God bless you all
Congrats Buddy,
If possible please share your SOP here it will help me as I am helping my sister who is 34+. Also if you can share any major things to keep in mind

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hello brother, I wanted to know is Ontario graduate certificate is the same as Post graduation diploma? I've done Bachelors in Accounting and wanted to go for a Diploma in Accounting at Humber but VO has refused my application twice. Although I wanted to stay with Diploma in accounting, considering VO I've decided to change the program to PGD. However, I couldn't see any PGD in Humber program list they have Ontario Graduate certificate in professional accounting.

if possible, pls guide. Thanks
Graduate certificate is for someone who has already completed graduation like in my case I am Bachelor of Engineering. But I am not completely sure what all the other certificates mean in Canada. I dont think I can help you much at this point, sorry bro.

Reactions: Vycanis

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Exactly, I didn't wait for the GCMS notes. It takes around 30 days to get it.. I just justified for the refusal reason and attached some more documents. Let's see what happens now.
Yeah, good luck bro. Lets see what my consultant says. I need to speak with him today.

lavieinca

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
Hi all, I got PPR today at 7 am. Hope you all the best and get PPRs soon!
Share my profile & timeline:
Age 35+, applied for Cybersecurity master at NYIT
SDS timeline (applied from China)
Upfront medical: 24Aug.
Applied: 28 Sep.
BIL: 29 Sep.
Medical Passed: 10 Nov. (pushed through webform)
After 68 days waiting....
BVL & PPR: 5 Dec.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Congratulations, wonderful news!
Good luck on your next steps :)

Deepak6591

Oct 8, 2021
Congratulations bro.. Good luck ahead..

Reactions: lavieinca

Jdsheta

Oct 4, 2020
I am commenting on behalf of my brother.
He has applied on 21st August Non-SDS
There was a ghost update on November 17

Review of medical results - October 5, 2021
:You passed the medical exam
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: September 16, 2021

COR - India

• no other update since then

Anyone in the same boat??

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
Congrats Buddy,
If possible please share your SOP here it will help me as I am helping my sister who is 34+. Also if you can share any major things to keep in mind
Dear zubinmatie my SOP was very unique, I don't think it will be helpful for others. I have scholarship/sponsorship from my own organization (A reputed Group of Institutions) for INR 52 lakhs to cover the expenses of fees and living for entire family. Out of which 26 lakhs was released to for 1st year tuition, GIC CAD20,000 (Because of 4 members) etc. Also I have stated that, I must take-up the post of director, business school after the completion. Same is mentioned in my sponsorship letter as well. Another document was a leave sanctioned letter for 2 years which is showing the date of rejoining. Also I have included an award which I received from MHRD, Govt of India, and its photographs. Regarding family my wife also has the same qualification as mine and holding a director post in the same organization. I also mentioned my kids are teenager, and this is the transition time for them and parents presence and support is very crucial during this time. And requested the officer to accept our application as a whole. My education field was science and technology, but my majority of work experience was in management and administration. So I wanted to take MBA, it will make eligible for my next position in the organization. In my case I have submitted General IELTS. My university was ok with duolingo, so I used the same for securing admission. Hope some of these information are helpful. I applied myself. For myself and kids study permit, and for my wife work permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesWeCanada

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
I am commenting on behalf of my brother.
He has applied on 21st August Non-SDS
There was a ghost update on November 17

Review of medical results - October 5, 2021
:You passed the medical exam
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: September 16, 2021

COR - India

• no other update since then

Anyone in the same boat??
Enquire through webform to Canadian high commission Delhi. I send enquiry to Bangalore and Delhi in my case.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Dear zubinmatie my SOP was very unique, I don't think it will be helpful for others. I have scholarship/sponsorship from my own organization (A reputed Group of Institutions) for INR 52 lakhs to cover the expenses of fees and living for entire family. Out of which 26 lakhs was released to for 1st year tuition, GIC CAD20,000 (Because of 4 members) etc. Also I have stated that, I must take-up the post of director, business school after the completion. Same is mentioned in my sponsorship letter as well. Another document was a leave sanctioned letter for 2 years which is showing the date of rejoining. Also I have included an award which I received from MHRD, Govt of India, and its photographs. Regarding family my wife also has the same qualification as mine and holding a director post in the same organization. I also mentioned my kids are teenager, and this is the transition time for them and parents presence and support is very crucial during this time. And requested the officer to accept our application as a whole. My education field was science and technology, but my majority of work experience was in management and administration. So I wanted to take MBA, it will make eligible for my next position in the organization. In my case I have submitted General IELTS. My university was ok with duolingo, so I used the same for securing admission. Hope some of these information are helpful. I applied myself. For myself and kids study permit, and for my wife work permit.
It's awesome to read about your journey. Are you by any chance going to Vancouver Island University?
I must say you are blessed to work for an organisation which is paying for your full ride, tuition plus living expenses, that too for your entire family. 52 lakhs is no small amount. I wish more companies were like that :) what's more, seems like they are holding your job for the next two years with a promotion when you come back. That's just awesome! Congratulations!
Even MNCs don't do this (I know because I have worked for a few) they should learn from your organization