+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

lavieinca

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
Hi, just personal opinions for your reference:
1. You’ve already had 13years work experience in testing, so a diploma course isn’t enough, it’s better have a post graduate or a master program.
2.In terms of fund, I don’t think 25lakhs can fairly enough cover two years living expenses and tuition fees, because you live and study in Toronto.
3. Don’t mention any immigration policies that sort of things in your SOP. Focus on your job opportunities and family ties back in India.

Reactions: Harper@Canada

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Sorry to learn about your refusal. Great that you haven't lost heart. Much of the process is based on chance and with your resolve you should succeed.
I am not an IT professional but going through your SOP, what stood out for me is why would you spend two years on a diploma in SW when you are already an engineer, have two additional pg diplomas and extensive industry experience, albeit in a different role. Most of us progress from one role to another to progress in our careers, a diploma may not make a material difference. This is my evaluation going strictly by how your SOP is argued.
You have already explained why you didn't opt for a master's degree, but it's worth considering, not only from a visa but also your prospective career in Canada. Since you are going to spend a bomb anyway, might as well something which fetches you commensurate returns.
There are master's degrees offered by the likes of Dalhousie in NS and UBC. Master's of engineering leadership at UBC is one such example. Do some research while your reconsideration is in progress.
In addition, some parts of your SOP struck me as a tad generic, for example the bit about Canada as an educational destination. Think about how can you personalise it further. Rewrite, edit and then read, reread and read again. Mercilessly evaluate each phrase, each paragraph to determine what is it adding to your profile as an applicant being evaluated by a stranger who doesn't know you and probably does not understand your domain either. Every sentence must enhance his understanding of you as an applicant, the generic stuff is already known universally.
Good luck onc again!
Thank you for the review.
I wanted universities but my consultant could not get my application in with the agents he had. I also wanted a one year college instead of 2 years. But later settled for 2 years for PGWP. I only have one diploma that was just 6 months course I took, so it was actually not that extensive. The other one is a part time introductory course, its nothing. I will remove these 2 in my reconsideration, since they are not adding any value.
This course is the natural progression for me. I want to do a career switch to developer role, in India you wont even get an interview when you are a software tester. So its about getting certified as a developer so that I have a chance to apply for developer roles.
Let me start thinking about master's now, but now I have paid the fees also :( What a mess. Also, I saw universities are costlier, please let me know if I got wrong info. Because I am playing a total of 30000 CAD for this college course for 2 years.
I dont want leadership roles, I wanted to remain in technical field and dont want management role. I hate doing management. Please let me know if I have to change my mind because my age will be a limitation in technical roles.
I thought I personalized it, because that Moore documentary showed a wonderful side of Canada. And it is a good study destination! I am not sure how else to personalize it. But I am sure I will find a way and do it :)
I will rewrite and include the review comment.

Thank you again friend...

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Thank you for the review.
I wanted universities but my consultant could not get my application in with the agents he had. I also wanted a one year college instead of 2 years. But later settled for 2 years for PGWP. I only have one diploma that was just 6 months course I took, so it was actually not that extensive. The other one is a part time introductory course, its nothing. I will remove these 2 in my reconsideration, since they are not adding any value.
This course is the natural progression for me. I want to do a career switch to developer role, in India you wont even get an interview when you are a software tester. So its about getting certified as a developer so that I have a chance to apply for developer roles.
Let me start thinking about master's now, but now I have paid the fees also :( What a mess. Also, I saw universities are costlier, please let me know if I got wrong info. Because I am playing a total of 30000 CAD for this college course for 2 years.
I dont want leadership roles, I wanted to remain in technical field and dont want management role. I hate doing management. Please let me know if I have to change my mind because my age will be a limitation in technical roles.
I thought I personalized it, because that Moore documentary showed a wonderful side of Canada. And it is a good study destination! I am not sure how else to personalize it. But I am sure I will find a way and do it :)
I will rewrite and include the review comment.

Thank you again friend...
Best to apply for notes to eliminate the possibility about your choice of course and institute being the reason for refusal. It is indeed difficult to change college after having your loan cleared, changing college would also involve more work.
Nothing wrong with your SOP, however any personal statement works better when you phrase it through the prism of your personal experience and philosophy. I am sure when you rewrite the SOP having read the gcms notes, it will have a sharper focus, since you will be addressing specific concerns included in the notes

Reactions: yesWeCanada

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
Thank God!
Got PPR request today 4pm. Family of 4, Age 42
Applied together with spouse and kids
Applied on 3rd August 2021 SDS
Biometric given on 10th Aug.
Medical updated for Primary applicant and Kids on 27th Aug
Eligibility review started on 2nd Oct.
Spouse medical updated on 3rd Nov
4 PPR+ 3BVL (BVL for 3 of us and Minor kid Biometric exempt so No BVL) for all on 02-Dec. From Delhi

My age is 42, Applied as family / MBA at Vancouver. Kids aged 12 and 16
Last study 2007, work exp. 18 yrs in total.

Everyone pls keep hope, especially those who applied 35+, 40+

Thank you All for your guidance. God bless you all
Congratulations to your family!

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hi, just personal opinions for your reference:
1. You’ve already had 13years work experience in testing, so a diploma course isn’t enough, it’s better have a post graduate or a master program.
2.In terms of fund, I don’t think 25lakhs can fairly enough cover two years living expenses and tuition fees, because you live and study in Toronto.
3. Don’t mention any immigration policies that sort of things in your SOP. Focus on your job opportunities and family ties back in India.
Hi, thank you.
Its a graduate certificate, not just a diploma. Yeah, masters make sense for sure but I could not get a seat. I was told I was not eligible for masters because of the percentages I have in BE. Now I have to see how to transfer the funds to another institution if I decide to get masters seat. I will look into this.
I thought funds are enough since it will cover 2 years fees and 1 year expense. For next year expenses I will be getting support from my investments or from my wife. I did not mention that because it was enough for the SDS!
I felt Canada immigration policy was helpful for students. I genuinely do, but yeah will try and change it also. Consultant had put the details of job opportunities in India in the cover letter. And I have my family back in India. So not sure.
I feel its luck but I have to make a proper attempt next time.

Thank you again!

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Best to apply for notes to eliminate the possibility about your choice of course and institute being the reason for refusal. It is indeed difficult to change college after having your loan cleared, changing college would also involve more work.
Nothing wrong with your SOP, however any personal statement works better when you phrase it through the prism of your personal experience and philosophy. I am sure when you rewrite the SOP having read the gcms notes, it will have a sharper focus, since you will be addressing specific concerns included in the notes
Agreed on GCMS notes, my consultant is applying for it today. Yeah SOP can be refined still, I will do it. I will talk with him regarding universities also but we will get clear picture only after gcms notes.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi, thank you.
Its a graduate certificate, not just a diploma. Yeah, masters make sense for sure but I could not get a seat. I was told I was not eligible for masters because of the percentages I have in BE. Now I have to see how to transfer the funds to another institution if I decide to get masters seat. I will look into this.
I thought funds are enough since it will cover 2 years fees and 1 year expense. For next year expenses I will be getting support from my investments or from my wife. I did not mention that because it was enough for the SDS!
I felt Canada immigration policy was helpful for students. I genuinely do, but yeah will try and change it also. Consultant had put the details of job opportunities in India in the cover letter. And I have my family back in India. So not sure.
I feel its luck but I have to make a proper attempt next time.

Thank you again!
I don't think there is a problem with finances, else that would have been mentioned in the notification.
One year tuition and 10k GIC are sufficient conditions for SDS. That is how they are able to commit to a shorter processing period since they don't have to scrutinize the financial background of applicants who have already demonstrated the availability of the first year's expenses

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
I don't think there is a problem with finances, else that would have been mentioned in the notification.
One year tuition and 10k GIC are sufficient conditions for SDS. That is how they are able to commit to a shorter processing period since they don't have to scrutinize the financial background of applicants who have already demonstrated the availability of the first year's expenses
True, I suspect its the course and SOP explanation, but I still honestly think its my luck :)

Deepak6591

Oct 8, 2021
Got refusal today! :(
Reason:
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

So my consultant said we will go for reconsideration. I will mention details later today. Got decision from Edmonton around 230am
Flight is still on.... :)
Sorry to hear that man..
Even I got refusal for the same reason.. I have raised webform for reconsideration.. got response that they have received the documents and forwarded to the concerned office.
let's see what they do now..

Reactions: yesWeCanada

Freecanman

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Finally got PPR after a long wait. This was the first thread I joined in on back in September. My timeline:

File submitted: 20th sept 2021
Biometric: Oct 7th 2021
Medical passed: Oct 13th 2021
Eligibility review started: 29th Nov 2021
Ghost Update: 2nd December 2021
BVL and PPR: 3rd December 2021

Been a wild ride

Mr.Sharma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Finally got PPR after a long wait. This was the first thread I joined in on back in September. My timeline:

File submitted: 20th sept 2021
Biometric: Oct 7th 2021
Medical passed: Oct 13th 2021
Eligibility review started: 29th Nov 2021
Ghost Update: 2nd December 2021
BVL and PPR: 3rd December 2021

Been a wild ride
Congratulations

Reactions: Freecanman