Thank God!
Got PPR request today 4pm. Family of 4, Age 42
Applied together with spouse and kids
Applied on 3rd August 2021 SDS
Biometric given on 10th Aug.
Medical updated for Primary applicant and Kids on 27th Aug
Eligibility review started on 2nd Oct.
Spouse medical updated on 3rd Nov
4 PPR+ 3BVL (BVL for 3 of us and Minor kid Biometric exempt so No BVL) for all on 02-Dec. From Delhi

My age is 42, Applied as family / MBA at Vancouver. Kids aged 12 and 16
Last study 2007, work exp. 18 yrs in total.

Everyone pls keep hope, especially those who applied 35+, 40+

Thank you All for your guidance. God bless you all

Last edited:

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Thank God!
Applied on 3rd August 2021
4 PPR+ 3BVL (BVL for 3 of us and Minor kid Biometric exempt so No BVL) for all on 02-Dec. From Delhi

My age is 42, Applied a family / MBA at Vancouver. Kids aged 12 and 16

Heartiest Congratulations to your entire family.

lavieinca

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
Thank God!

Congratulations to you and your family!

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Thank God!

Awesome, congratulations. This one is inspiring for older candidates like me. I am 35+. You applied with family, such a complicated file this one is! :)
My wait is brutal but still hopeful.
Congratulation once again!!

Reactions: lavieinca

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Got refusal today.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

I was doubtful about the program. Is that the reason?

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Got refusal today.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

When u applied

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Thank God!

Hello bro, if you don’t mind could you please share your SOP as that will be very inspiring and helpful - jagjitbba@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Got refusal today.

Sorry to hear this man. Good luck with your reapplication. Dont give up...

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Got refusal today! :(
Reason:
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

So my consultant said we will go for reconsideration. I will mention details later today. Got decision from Edmonton around 230am
Flight is still on.... :)

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
So here is my full profile with my SOP. Please let me know what correction I should make.
Got refused Dec 3rd, today 230am got the decision. Looks like they sat on it so that I dont reapply. I think the decision was made in September only when my medical was updated. Anyway here it is...

I am 37 years old male, married and have a baby daughter. I am from India
I had applied only for my SP. Wife and baby were not coming for now.
I am a software test automation engineer in India.
Total 13 years of work exp, 13 years study gap. Graduated in 2008
Course is Computer Software and Database development in Loyalist College Jan 2022 intake. Graduate Certificate course, valid for 3 years PGWP.
Applied on Aug 15th
IELTS: S7, L8, W7 R9 Band 8 or CLB9
12th: 60% Graduation: 66%
Loan from SBI Bank for 25 lakhs that covered 2 years tuition and expenses. GIC and 1 year tuition paid. I had also attached CA certificate showing property in India, ties to home country.
Universities were not the option since my graduation score was less and study gap was too much. But I think that was not a good reason given by the agents for courses. I also did not want a university since the cost was more than the college. This college course was specific and enough for me.

Consultant has attached close to 16 files with his cover letter explaining any anomalies we thought they might find like why now study, why I dont have a huge bank account savings(I do investments and recently paid off car loan), why I took 5 years to complete engg instead of 4 years, why huge study gap, why wife and baby are not coming to Canada. The files included PCC, Marriage certificate, daughter's birth certificate, bank account statements, loan document, ca certificate and other obvious documents needed.

He had also mentioned how this course will help me in India to get software developer job and what are the opportunities and the size of the software industry.
Consultant said that he checked with his colleagues and they agree that the file is good. We will apply for reconsideration with more explanations. Ordering GCMS notes for details.

SOP:
===========
Statement of Purpose​

My name is xxxxxxxxx and I am submitting this statement to express my desire to attend the Computer Software and Database Development program by Loyalist College in Toronto. I am currently a software tester, but I want to make a career transition and become a software developer; I sincerely believe that this program will help me achieve this goal.

Since the year 2000, I have had strong interests in computers and electronics, which motivated me to complete a bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering from xxxxx India. This degree allowed me to gain a wider perspective on the booming software industry as it taught me the fundamentals of electronics and computer programming. It took me five years to complete the degree instead of four as I had to sit out for one year to complete the backlogs I had. I was very passionate about my studies, clearing all the backlogs and scoring First Class in my graduation. I have also completed a Real-Time Embedded Systems advanced diploma certificate program from Cranes Software International in xxxxx, Karnataka, India, and a certificate course in Energy Sources and Distribution from Indian Institute of Science, also in Bangalore. I am deeply motivated by the prospective future of robots and the software that runs them. I am inspired by the advancements of the software industry positively impacting humanity. Robotics is becoming more involved with software that is extremely intuitive and indiscernible as artificial intelligence starts to become more widely used. This new development within the software industry that is building a completely different set of software applications from before is incredibly exciting and I wish to be part of that industry.

I have around 10 years of software testing experience and, since September of 2019, I have been working as Senior Associate QA level 2 at xxxxxx. I work as a test automation engineer where I automate manual software testing procedures to increase the speed and accuracy of test reports, using different programming languages. Through my past educational and work experiences I have learnt a great deal about the software development industry such as how the projects are managed and which part of the software development cycle I am most attracted towards. Over the course of many years, I am increasingly drawn towards the software developer job profile rather than the software tester job profile. I find it very exciting to write code that is used by millions of customers of a company. The depth of knowledge and creativity required for this role makes it more interesting for me than software testing.

My wish to become a proficient software developer led me to seek out for further education. Canada has been one of the most fascinating countries for me ever since I watched Sicko from the documentary film maker Michael Moore. I have read and seen how Canada takes care of its citizens and has a huge immigration policy that is progressive in contrast to many other advanced countries in the west. Its vibrant immigrant population makes it the perfect destination for international students. Canada is rated as one of the best countries to live in. Its education is top notch and has the most beautiful natural landscapes in the world. India is also a vibrant country and there is no other country like it, but it certainly has its own challenges. It has the lowest number of international students in its universities and leaves most of the classrooms homogenous. Therefore, I think Canada is a perfect country for me to do my postgraduate studies as it will be a refreshing experience.

Loyalist College in Toronto campus offers a well-balanced program. The Computer Software and Database Development program teaches in-demand skills of software development from one of the best faculties with a classroom full of students from various cultures from whom I can learn different ways of thinking and cooperation. This program also has a four-month co-op work requirement that will provide me with experience in the areas of my interest in the software industry. Also, Ontario, and Canada overall, has a large number of software companies operating. I chose Loyalist College and its program for these reasons.

The program’s duration is two years. My start date will be January 11, 2022 and my approximate completion date is August 11, 2023. Having worked as a software tester using code to test the applications developed by developers, breaking down applications, I do have a solid foundational knowledge of software development; I am confident that I am prepared to take this program. I would like to gain the skills that are required to become one of the best software developers using different tools and concepts of software development. These skills will be transferable between a wide range of industries. I will be learning many programming languages, concepts, and methodologies used by many industries to complete their goals and visions executed by teams that are placed across the globe. I also hope to gain experience of collaborating with a team that has its members from different cultures, a requirement in modern-day office teams. I plan on using software development skills acquired from this course to secure a job in the software development industry and continue along my areas of interests within this industry, solving real-world problems with my newly gained expertise.

I look forward to attending Loyalist College and experiencing Canada, however, I do not want to stay in Canada permanently as I have no ties in Canada. My entire family lives in India, including my parents, my sisters, my wife, and our child. Once my education is completed, I wish to move back as soon as possible to be with my family. For financing my studies, I have arranged for an educational loan from the SBI Bank for the fee payment and accommodation expenses.
===========

Please review this application.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
So here is my full profile with my SOP. Please let me know what correction I should make.
Got refused Dec 3rd, today 230am got the decision. Looks like they sat on it so that I dont reapply. I think the decision was made in September only when my medical was updated. Anyway here it is...

Course is Computer Software and Database development in Loyalist College Jan 2022 intake. Graduate Certificate course, valid for 3 years PGWP.
Applied on Aug 15th
Loan from SBI Bank for 25 lakhs that covered 2 years tuition and expenses. GIC and 1 year tuition paid. I had also attached CA certificate showing property in India, ties to home country.
Universities were not the option since my graduation score was less and study gap was too much. But I think that was not a good reason given by the agents for courses. I also did not want a university since the cost was more than the college. This college course was specific and enough for me.

Consultant has attached close to 16 files with his cover letter explaining any anomalies we thought they might find like why now study, why I dont have a huge bank account savings(I do investments and recently paid off car loan), why I took 5 years to complete engg instead of 4 years, why huge study gap, why wife and baby are not coming to Canada. The files included PCC, Marriage certificate, daughter's birth certificate, bank account statements, loan document, ca certificate and other obvious documents needed.

He had also mentioned how this course will help me in India to get software developer job and what are the opportunities and the size of the software industry.
Consultant said that he checked with his colleagues and they agree that the file is good. We will apply for reconsideration with more explanations. Ordering GCMS notes for details.

SOP:
===========
Statement of Purpose​

My name is xxxxxxxxx and I am submitting this statement to express my desire to attend the Computer Software and Database Development program by Loyalist College in Toronto. I am currently a software tester, but I want to make a career transition and become a software developer; I sincerely believe that this program will help me achieve this goal.

Since the year 2000, I have had strong interests in computers and electronics, which motivated me to complete a bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering from xxxxx India. This degree allowed me to gain a wider perspective on the booming software industry as it taught me the fundamentals of electronics and computer programming. It took me five years to complete the degree instead of four as I had to sit out for one year to complete the backlogs I had. I was very passionate about my studies, clearing all the backlogs and scoring First Class in my graduation. I have also completed a Real-Time Embedded Systems advanced diploma certificate program from Cranes Software International in xxxxx, Karnataka, India, and a certificate course in Energy Sources and Distribution from Indian Institute of Science, also in Bangalore. I am deeply motivated by the prospective future of robots and the software that runs them. I am inspired by the advancements of the software industry positively impacting humanity. Robotics is becoming more involved with software that is extremely intuitive and indiscernible as artificial intelligence starts to become more widely used. This new development within the software industry that is building a completely different set of software applications from before is incredibly exciting and I wish to be part of that industry.

I have around 10 years of software testing experience and, since September of 2019, I have been working as Senior Associate QA level 2 at xxxxxx. I work as a test automation engineer where I automate manual software testing procedures to increase the speed and accuracy of test reports, using different programming languages. Through my past educational and work experiences I have learnt a great deal about the software development industry such as how the projects are managed and which part of the software development cycle I am most attracted towards. Over the course of many years, I am increasingly drawn towards the software developer job profile rather than the software tester job profile. I find it very exciting to write code that is used by millions of customers of a company. The depth of knowledge and creativity required for this role makes it more interesting for me than software testing.

My wish to become a proficient software developer led me to seek out for further education. Canada has been one of the most fascinating countries for me ever since I watched Sicko from the documentary film maker Michael Moore. I have read and seen how Canada takes care of its citizens and has a huge immigration policy that is progressive in contrast to many other advanced countries in the west. Its vibrant immigrant population makes it the perfect destination for international students. Canada is rated as one of the best countries to live in. Its education is top notch and has the most beautiful natural landscapes in the world. India is also a vibrant country and there is no other country like it, but it certainly has its own challenges. It has the lowest number of international students in its universities and leaves most of the classrooms homogenous. Therefore, I think Canada is a perfect country for me to do my postgraduate studies as it will be a refreshing experience.

Loyalist College in Toronto campus offers a well-balanced program. The Computer Software and Database Development program teaches in-demand skills of software development from one of the best faculties with a classroom full of students from various cultures from whom I can learn different ways of thinking and cooperation. This program also has a four-month co-op work requirement that will provide me with experience in the areas of my interest in the software industry. Also, Ontario, and Canada overall, has a large number of software companies operating. I chose Loyalist College and its program for these reasons.

The program’s duration is two years. My start date will be January 11, 2022 and my approximate completion date is August 11, 2023. Having worked as a software tester using code to test the applications developed by developers, breaking down applications, I do have a solid foundational knowledge of software development; I am confident that I am prepared to take this program. I would like to gain the skills that are required to become one of the best software developers using different tools and concepts of software development. These skills will be transferable between a wide range of industries. I will be learning many programming languages, concepts, and methodologies used by many industries to complete their goals and visions executed by teams that are placed across the globe. I also hope to gain experience of collaborating with a team that has its members from different cultures, a requirement in modern-day office teams. I plan on using software development skills acquired from this course to secure a job in the software development industry and continue along my areas of interests within this industry, solving real-world problems with my newly gained expertise.

I look forward to attending Loyalist College and experiencing Canada, however, I do not want to stay in Canada permanently as I have no ties in Canada. My entire family lives in India, including my parents, my sisters, my wife, and our child. Once my education is completed, I wish to move back as soon as possible to be with my family. For financing my studies, I have arranged for an educational loan from the SBI Bank for the fee payment and accommodation expenses.
===========

Whats the reason

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020

Applied on Aug 15th

SOP:
===========
Statement of Purpose​

===========

Sorry to learn about your refusal. Great that you haven't lost heart. Much of the process is based on chance and with your resolve you should succeed.
I am not an IT professional but going through your SOP, what stood out for me is why would you spend two years on a diploma in SW when you are already an engineer, have two additional pg diplomas and extensive industry experience, albeit in a different role. Most of us progress from one role to another to progress in our careers, a diploma may not make a material difference. This is my evaluation going strictly by how your SOP is argued.
You have already explained why you didn't opt for a master's degree, but it's worth considering, not only from a visa but also your prospective career in Canada. Since you are going to spend a bomb anyway, might as well something which fetches you commensurate returns.
There are master's degrees offered by the likes of Dalhousie in NS and UBC. Master's of engineering leadership at UBC is one such example. Do some research while your reconsideration is in progress.
In addition, some parts of your SOP struck me as a tad generic, for example the bit about Canada as an educational destination. Think about how can you personalise it further. Rewrite, edit and then read, reread and read again. Mercilessly evaluate each phrase, each paragraph to determine what is it adding to your profile as an applicant being evaluated by a stranger who doesn't know you and probably does not understand your domain either. Every sentence must enhance his understanding of you as an applicant, the generic stuff is already known universally.
Good luck onc again!