+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

jp242

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
My application number begins with "S3403....." as well.
Hi! I applied on Oct 26th and I have already gotten a ghost update that says they've started to review my eligibility today. This is my third to reapplying and the fastest my application has moved through the ranks. I did my biometrics in 2019 and they were uploaded a day after I applied. I wonder if this is a good sign.

lavieinca

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
Hi! I applied on Oct 26th and I have already gotten a ghost update that says they've started to review my eligibility today. This is my third to reapplying and the fastest my application has moved through the ranks. I did my biometrics in 2019 and they were uploaded a day after I applied. I wonder if this is a good sign.
SDS or Non-SDS?

Feb 26, 2019
When it is there on the IRCC website that they are currently processing applications received between August 15 and 21, why are most applicants who applied even before this period still waiting for a decision. Is the period not applicable to SDS applications or what?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aesopzai

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
When it is there on the IRCC website that they are currently processing applications received between August 15 and 21, why are most applicants who applied even before this period still waiting for a decision. Is the period not applicable to SDS applications or what?
They've mentioned "in Canada"

Feb 26, 2019
They've mentioned "in Canada"
They have mentioned "In Canada(Initial and Extension). While the term "extension" refers to international students already studying in Canada and have applied for an extension of study permit, the term "initial" refers to new applicants who have applied to study in Canada. As they have written "In Canada", I don't think the period applies to the applications being processed in the visa offices outside of Canada. But if its true that all SDS applications are processed within Canada then "initial" might be there to refer to the SDS applications.

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
They have mentioned "In Canada(Initial and Extension). While the term "extension" refers to international students already studying in Canada and have applied for an extension of study permit, the term "initial" refers to new applicants who have applied to study in Canada. As they have written "In Canada", I don't think the period applies to the applications being processed in the visa offices outside of Canada. But if its true that all SDS applications are processed within Canada then "initial" might be there to refer to the SDS applications.
Our applications are processed within Canada but we are applicants from outside Canada. There are people who can apply for study permit from inside Canada, for example spouse or child. I'm not sure, I could be wrong but this is what I think.
Initially even I would check the weekly update but it didn't make sense later. In September they mentioned processing July applicants and now it's November. Those who applied first week of September are receiving their decisions now (backlogs too).

Feb 26, 2019
Our applications are processed within Canada but we are applicants from outside Canada. There are people who can apply for study permit from inside Canada, for example spouse or child. I'm not sure, I could be wrong but this is what I think.
Initially even I would check the weekly update but it didn't make sense later. In September they mentioned processing July applicants and now it's November. Those who applied first week of September are receiving their decisions now (backlogs too).
I see. I get your point and I feel you're probably right. Do you think I should raise a web form? Here's my timeline:

Reapplied on: August 25th (SDS)
Medical exam updated: October 13th
Eligibility review started: October 15th
I had biometrics from my previous application.

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
I see. I get your point and I feel you're probably right. Do you think I should raise a web form? Here's my timeline:

Reapplied on: August 25th (SDS)
Medical exam updated: October 13th
Eligibility review started: October 15th
I had biometrics from my previous application.
For January intake? Do you have a deadline from college/university?

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Yes, for January intake. And I don't have a deadline but I am losing my patience now. I have already deferred my admission from September to January intake
The past few days I've seen few applicants from July & August receive PPR. I saw one from November 2020 too. So it looks more like they are clearing backlogs. I would suggest you to wait till atleast end of the month.

I'm actually a September applicant. Maybe August applicants can guide you better.

Reactions: yesWeCanada