+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Thats way too many docs. The whole purpose of SDS is to make the file easier and hence they ask for very specific set of documents. Many people usually say just stick to SDS checklist and their file moves quick. When you add too many files, not only does it look desperate but it becomes their responsibility to individually verify each documents so more time consuming.
I agree, way too many docs. I am also not convinced that IRCC is evaluating every document and also looking at all of them. Looking at the way results are coming its not clear how they are evaluating the apps. But my consultant has prepared a checklist for the VO and also wrote a cover letter explaining any anomalies that VO might find. So that should help VO to find anything that is needed.
So it looks like we wait for the next week now. This week is gone without much activity.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I agree, way too many docs. I am also not convinced that IRCC is evaluating every document and also looking at all of them. Looking at the way results are coming its not clear how they are evaluating the apps. But my consultant has prepared a checklist for the VO and also wrote a cover letter explaining any anomalies that VO might find. So that should help VO to find anything that is needed.
So it looks like we wait for the next week now. This week is gone without much activity.
Anyways, don't think too much about this now. Maybe your file is in hands of a person who likes additional data ;-) Lets see what next week brings.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Anyways, don't think too much about this now. Maybe your file is in hands of a person who likes additional data ;-) Lets see what next week brings.
Haha....no way that person exists in IRCC. Looking at their volume of data they process, I assume that person would have died inside and only a button pusher would have left! I still think my consultant would not have used all the files because of the file size limit per section. So hoping for the best...

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Every week, I feel like I lose a part of me in this waiting process lol
Lets see it this way from now on. Everyday passed without a result is a reminder to us that there are so many things in our life that are out of our control and we should somehow be ok with it.
I am fighting this lost feeling everyday. We will get through this. I have started my developer course completing one chapter at a time on udemy :)
Hope for the best people....

Reactions: bbleh and bruh99

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
I was seeing this one video in youtube that said to not attach unnecessary files, this will slow your application!! I feel my consultant(Registered consultant in Canada) has put too many files. Here is the list of documents I have given him. Actually the checklist was 3 pages long. So he must have asked these so that when IRCC asks any additional documents we have them handy and give it to them immediately.
Resume - uploaded
SOP - uploaded
LOA - uploaded
College change of address, college changed its location. - uploaded
CA certificate, showing mine and wife's net worth. - uploaded
Police clearance certificate - uploaded
Loan approval letter - uploaded
Marriage certificate - uploaded
Child birth certificate
Mine and wife's ITRs - uploaded
College fees paid acknowledgement - uploaded
GIC certificate - uploaded
All bank statements for both of us, including bank certificates - uploaded
Letter of financial support from my wife - uploaded
All previous work exp offer letters, relieving letters and last 3 months payslips - He uploaded only the last company details.
All education certificates from engineering(including each semster) - uploaded
IELTS - uploaded
Aadhaar
Medical exam - uploaded
Pancard
WES evaluation
All the forms that are needed for application(IMM forms) - uploded
Photo - uploaded
Old and new passport - uploaded
There are so many other files I have given him. Which I am too tired to mention here..

If IRCC verifies every file, it will take ages, then I am truly F.....
I dont think they verify documents at all. Because there are people from India who got visa in 1 day. There is no way all the documents can be verified in 1 day. Maybe some but not all.
So, what gives?
OMG!!!!!!

Reactions: yesWeCanada

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Have y'all noticed anything common?
Like I saw four applicants who received an update last week - 2 refusals, 1 re-application PPR and 1 non-sds PPR

Also an applicant who lodged visa on almost the same time that the two refusal applicants lodged just received medical update.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesWeCanada

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Like I saw four applicants who received an update last week - 2 refusals, 1 re-application PPR and 1 non-sds PPR

Also an applicant who lodged visa on almost the same time that the two refusal applicants lodged just received medical update.
Tell us, what's your finding :) Theories keep my mind occupied.

bbleh

Jul 20, 2021
Lets see it this way from now on. Everyday passed without a result is a reminder to us that there are so many things in our life that are out of our control and we should somehow be ok with it.
I am fighting this lost feeling everyday. We will get through this. I have started my developer course completing one chapter at a time on udemy :)
Hope for the best people....
This makes so much sense. I have my online classes, I'm gonna try to focus on that instead. But I really really hope all of us waiting here gets a positive decision soon.

bbleh

Jul 20, 2021

When were those application filed?

tiandstories

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
August 23-24 (the two rejections, and applicant who only received medical update)

So do they wait until they get a certain number of applicants and then update PPR??
Lol again this is just speculation to entertain us in our long dreadful wait haha, I'd rather they just issue PPR as and when a decision is made to clear their backlogs :p

But i think the pattern you see is really just a coincidence lol

bbleh

Jul 20, 2021
August 23-24 (the two rejections, and applicant who only received medical update)

So do they wait until they get a certain number of applicants and then update PPR??
But then what about the files which were filed way earlier and are still waiting on a decision.