+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Ohhhh right.
Just graduated high school August 2021. Age 18, no work experience, Western uni, Bachelor of Arts in sociology. Brother is in Canada on PGWP which I thought would ruin my chances but guess not : )
True, brother in Canada would be considered risky. But it turned out to be ok. Congrats again!!

Reactions: cutiemoon

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
@yesWeCanada @Greeny786 @tiandstories @cheemak

Hello friends, the time has come up where I need to defer to Jan 2022 as I can't wait much. I had email conversation with one of the Head Representative of the college. Initially he said that keep us posted when I informed him that I still can't register because my study permit is yet approved. Later in the day, he just said me that do it at the earliest regarding deferment.

Though I told him that I will wait for this week and will send email for deferment but I feel that it would be no point in taking risk and making the situation very crunchy. The time has come where I should go for deferment within a day or two and rest everything in the hands of the Almighty.
Just wondering which would be better Jan 2022 or March 2022.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
I track your posts 4-5 times a day at least. I wonder your result more than mine.
So sweet and kind of you my brother.. stay blessed!!
I dont know why is taking them so long? BVL means decision has already been made then why they dont tell me if its approval or refusal ?? Otger people who applied later than me even in August and September and October came but mine is stuck.. I have very little hope left now that my application is approved.

Reactions: As12

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
I track your posts 4-5 times a day at least. I wonder your result more than mine.
U know brother I love Turkish people a lot and by ur remembering me ur now more close to my heart. I am a Pashtun from Khyber pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. I don't know if u even know about Pashtuns. Anyway ur my brother always.

pedrocoelho

Nov 28, 2020
Hello, everyone. I was told today by the Consulate General of Canada in Brazil that my application is being processed at CPC Edmonton because I applied under the SDS (their words exactly). Are all your applications being processed there, too?

During the past week I've seen some August and early-September SDS applicants from my country receiving their decisions from Edmonton. Sadly, they were all refusals (a total of 5), which is very concerning. What all of them had in common was that the officer was not satisfied they'd leave Canada after their studies based on purpose of visit.

Have you guys been seeing this justification a lot, too? Apparently, most of these applications I mentioned would not have been refused if they were being processed in Brazil, so it must have something to do with how Edmonton's office analyzes study permit applications. This is what local immigration consultants are saying. They are still trying to figure this out, since it's only been 3 months since Brazil was included in the list of SDS-designated countries and started having online applications analyzed in Canada.

Last edited:

IvanCanada123

Oct 25, 2021
Hello there, I've been following this forum for years without any contribution, but now I want to share some details about my app and to follow up some of yours as well:

SDS from Bogotá Colombia (supposed to be responded within 20 calendar days, right now I'm in day 75 LOL, don't know what to think)
GIC with CIBC, 1st-year tuition paid. IELTS 7.5 general score. Fall intake 2021.
Classes started Sep 07,2021. Currently studying and in midterm exams in Sheridan College. (Sheridan gave me the opportunity to stay studying and if refused will get a refund)

Visa submitted 11 August 2021
Biometrics: from previous application refused 2020
Medical not required in my country
Eligibility started Oct 15, 2021, in the IRCC phone line says "We're reviewing whether you meet the requirements". Before that, it said, "your eligibility review has not started yet".
Background check: "In review".

Sent webform to Canada vis office as in my local visa office said that all SDS apps are being reviewed in Canada, not in home embassies. But over the phone line, I finally got an agent saying that it was being reviewed in my home country, and my home country says the opposite. The webform was responded 3 weeks later with a general response about Aghanistan priority and keep following up the website (useless webform).

No progress in the last 2 weeks, also heard about other students submitting NON-SDS in mid-September (1 month after me) and getting their approvals.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. I'll be updating ASAP once get any update.

As a quick update: Forgot to mention this is my forth re application, as I've been refused 3 times for study permit, long and boring story. Hope this time will be the more than expected approval. Luck for all u

Last edited:

As12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
U know brother I love Turkish people a lot and by ur remembering me ur now more close to my heart. I am a Pashtun from Khyber pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. I don't know if u even know about Pashtuns. Anyway ur my brother always.
Of course bro, I know Pashtuns being close friends of Turkey. I hope you can save the day by getting ppr soon.

Reactions: Aesopzai

ni27

Sep 29, 2021
Hello, everyone. I was told today by the Consulate General of Canada in Brazil that my application is being processed at CPC Edmonton because I applied under the SDS (their words exactly). Are all your applications being processed there, too?

During the past week I've seen some August and early-September SDS applicants from my country receiving their decisions from Edmonton. Sadly, they were all refusals (a total of 5), which is very concerning. What all of them had in common was that the officer was not satisfied they'd leave Canada after their studies based on purpose of visit.

Have you guys been seeing this justification a lot, too? Apparently, most of these applications I mentioned would not have been refused if they were being processed in Brazil, so it must have something to do with how Edmonton's office analyzes study permit applications. This is what local immigration consultants are saying. They are still trying to figure this out, since it's only been 3 months since Brazil was included in the list of SDS-designated countries and started having online applications analyzed in Canada.
Finally somebody from Brazil :)

I didn't know anything about it and I don't know where my application is being processed.

I already have a study permit approval, but I changed the DLI and reapply through SDS, but I'm still waiting for an update.