+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

lavieinca

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
Agreed. Udemy is awesome, if you are too desperate for a course and they dont give the discount to you. Create a new email and get that discount, for loyal customers they dont want to give discounts, idiots they are.
Udemy is better than Coursera? I'm considering learning some maths courses in Coursera.

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Hello everyone

I have gone through this entire post. I don't know if I'm saying it right but this post has given me a bit of relief, maybe knowing that there are so many of y'all still waiting, and we're going through this together. The wait makes me feel so anxious.

I applied on September 14th
Completed upfront Medicals on August 31st
Gave my biometrics on September 16th (Bangalore) (updated the same day)
I haven't received any updates thereafter.
I enquired with the hospital about medicals and they told me they submitted the same on September 8th.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hello everyone

I have gone through this entire post. I don't know if I'm saying it right but this post has given me a bit of relief, maybe knowing that there are so many of y'all still waiting, and we're going through this together. The wait makes me feel so anxious.

I applied on September 14th
Completed upfront Medicals on August 31st
Gave my biometrics on September 16th (Bangalore) (updated the same day)
I haven't received any updates thereafter.
I enquired with the hospital about medicals and they told me they submitted the same on September 8th.
Welcome to the club! :)
I think we will start to see some action in the end of Oct.
What is the course? Give us your background!
I am surprised that you got biometric slot from VFS so early after submission. Tell us what did you do to get it, any tricks ;)

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
I am surprised that you got biometric slot from VFS so early after submission. Tell us what did you do to get it, any tricks ;)
I booked my biometrics on July 30. Someone had posted on FB that VFS opened up more slots. When I went through the VFS website there were slots available for September, and I booked immediately.

Now about my background ... is another reason for being worried. I completed my Masters in 2017 (Marketing & Finance), with two years of work experience. I applied for Marketing - Research and Analytics.

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Also I came across this video few days back

Reactions: Aesopzai

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
I booked my biometrics on July 30. Someone had posted on FB that VFS opened up more slots. When I went through the VFS website there were slots available for September, and I booked immediately.

Now about my background ... is another reason for being worried. I completed my Masters in 2017 (Marketing & Finance), with two years of work experience. I applied for Marketing - Research and Analytics.
Nice, smart work. I got to know that we can book before applying for visa after I applied! Anyway we are done with all the steps.
Now we are in the unknown territory. Lets see where it goes.

Master already done, so applied in which college or univ and what is the course level?

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Nice, smart work. I got to know that we can book before applying for visa after I applied! Anyway we are done with all the steps.
Now we are in the unknown territory. Lets see where it goes.

Master already done, so applied in which college or univ and what is the course level?
Centennial College, Graduate Certificate.
What about you??

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021

In general there have always been questions from VO about choice of program. However, I have seen cases where someone with masters have got approved for lower programs. It all depends on how you were able to explain the future prospects with this course in your ''home country''

So its not always a problem but it does create red flags so you would need some luck to go along ;-)

Reactions: Nicole_Pinto

pedrocoelho

Nov 28, 2020
Also I came across this video few days back

Could someone please elaborate what this guy says in the video? I applied last week (October 7th) under the SDS with upfront meds and biometrics from a previous application. My program starts in January. Should I get a decision from IRCC by November? *anxious*

Last edited: