+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attorney: yes or no?

cguidi77

Feb 12, 2010
Hi everybody,

I'm about to start the visa immigration procedure and I would like to know your opinion about hiring an attorney or doing everything alone. Do you think its worth paying about $1.500 dollars for a representative? Are their services really helpful or not?

Thanks,
Chiara

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
If u get one for $1,500/- that will be something.

No, u don't need them now-a-days under the 'fast track' system. It is quite simple & easy. U'd only need the CIC website & forums like these.

All the best !
Qorax.

cono_sur

Star Member
Feb 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with gorax. I did it on my own to sponsor my wife. It was a breeze.

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't write off the need for a rep just yet. I'm currently using one and I can tell you that the money was well spent. In dec, the visa office processing my application threw my application out but after my rep assessed their reason for doing that, he appealed to them and they re-opened it. I've been called for an interview and they're going to help me vet my documents, go over my CAIPS notes and send me some material to help me prepare for the interview. So I think they're worth it. However, I also know most people also go through the process without a rep and they have a smooth sailing like these other members just told u. So think it through my friend. And may you take the best decision.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
U r right Darkside, in tricky or off beat cases hiring them maybe a greenback well spent.
However, u can just as well hire them later if the file is rejected. U can then defer the costs [or avoid it altogether if all goes well]. The timeframe would remain the same, as with having one prior to filing. Ditto for the effort & paperwork.