+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attn: Job_seekers/PMM: Visa ext. while on AINP

confused AB

May 11, 2010
anybody who can help:

- working visa expiration next month while waiting for AINP nomination certificate:

- how can i apply for an extension?
- how long can i wait for my certification for alberta nominee program?
- do i stll need a new LMO (same company) eventhough i have a file number in AINP?
- what is implied status (submitting documents w/ supporting letter from the employer but LMO to follow)

guys (expert) in this forum i need your immediate response on what to do.....................................THANKS!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
confused AB said:
anybody who can help:

- working visa expiration next month while waiting for AINP nomination certificate:

- how can i apply for an extension?
- how long can i wait for my certification for alberta nominee program?
- do i stll need a new LMO (same company) eventhough i have a file number in AINP?
- what is implied status (submitting documents w/ supporting letter from the employer but LMO to follow)

guys (expert) in this forum i need your immediate response on what to do.....................................THANKS!
You can change your status from working to visitor. You can wait till your certificate of nomination arrives but then you can not work. If your NOC is eligible for concurrent processing then you can send your WP application while your employer files for your LMO. BTW, is it your visa that is expiring or your WP?

confused AB

May 11, 2010
job_seeker:
thank you very much for the quick response, my working permit will be expired next month as well as my TRV.
maybe i can file now the application for my extension as a worker, then i will attach a cover letter ( to be signed by my
employer) stating that LMO (with client ID#) has been filed to HSRDC and waiting for the confirmation, then once i got a
positive result i will fax it immediately to their office, so that i can still work while waiting for my LMO and also for my
working permit extension........

QUESTION: is that possible to grant me an "IMPLIED STATUS" 'till i submitted the LMO confirmation?
= is there a deadline for the CIC for waiting my + LMO?
= can i apply inside canada in case my NOC is eligible?

confused AB

May 11, 2010
confused AB said:
job_seeker:
thank you very much for the quick response, my working permit will be expired next month as well as my TRV.
maybe i can file now the application for my extension as a worker, then i will attach a cover letter ( to be signed by my
employer) stating that LMO (with client ID#) has been filed to HSRDC and waiting for the confirmation, then once i got a
positive result i will fax it immediately to their office, so that i can still work while waiting for my LMO and also for my
working permit extension........

QUESTION: is that possible to grant me an "IMPLIED STATUS" 'till i submitted the LMO confirmation?
= is there a deadline for the CIC for waiting my + LMO?
= can i apply inside canada in case my NOC is eligible?

I READ THAT MY NOC IS ELIGIBLE FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS TO STAY (CONTRACT OF 24MONTHS) WITHOUT LEAVING CANADA AND ALSO I CAN STILL CONTINUE WORKING IN THE SAME COMPANY AS LONG AS MY APPLICATION TO EXTEND WITH THE LETTER OF MY EMPLOYER STATING THAT THEY ALREADY APPLIED LMO. source..... cic.gc.ca "eligible for pilot low-skilled worker"

confused AB

May 11, 2010
more suggestions? PM / LEON and JOB_SEEKER/...................................thanks in advance..............

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
confused AB said:
more suggestions? PM / LEON and JOB_SEEKER/...................................thanks in advance..............
Hi,

Your change of status from worker to that of a visitor if granted will enable you to wait out your PR app in Canada but you won't be able to work for anybody. If what you posted is on the CIC website then why not try it. With the extension application, you're on implied status and can still work for same company you're with now until you receive the response from CPC.

confused AB

May 11, 2010
thanks job_seeker:
I already sent my working permit extension together with cover letter from my employer that i am eligble to extend for another 6months without leaving and stop working here in canada (NOC - C) "Eligible for Pilot Worker under Low-Skilled "Hotel and Lodging category working straight for 24months" and also attached the LMO reference number stating that we applied already for securing the LMO in HRSDC for another 12months. Once we get the confirmation we will fax it to their office immediately.............................................. so for now i am on "IMPLIED STATUS". Just to let everyone knows my research. ELIGIBILITY check on cic.gc.ca